Reviews for M F McG
Polgaria chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
Fan. Fucking. Tastic.
ProperT chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Loved it! I know this story is old, but I'm backpacking my way through ALL of Minerva's Complete stories, clicking on whatever catches my eye and I'm glad I found this. :D
katiealice49 chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
Fantastic as ever!

Them last two lines just made my day. That will always be my way of describing her now: "Minerva fucking McGonagall" - and, especially in your fics, in both ways ;)
anonymouth chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
"'No good in an alley'? How does she know?" / through the depths of this story, this line really made me laugh...and speculate!

I think you've captured the essence of McGonagall perfectly, and the last line just sums it up nicely.
Iamakunoichi chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
Okay, I have to say it - those last two lines absolutely MADE that story for me. Bloody brilliant.

"She was Gryffindor House. She was Hogwarts. She was as much a part of him as his scar.

She was Minerva Fucking McGonagall."

You've said it all, my friend.

~Iamakunoichi
Swallow B chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
I love your Minerva, I love Willa and I love the pairing, but...

I am a bit shocked to see the F word next to Minerva's name, sorry.
JUJUChick16 chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
I never thought I could get into this pairing but you...WOW! Amazing I am certainly starting to think about this pairing alot more, it WORKS! Great job, not many people can pull off a decent femslash pairing story, wether it's sexual or not many people can't write a proper one. Great work! I now have to read your other stories!
usiylover2 chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
I get the title now!

How can I even begin? All you your stories have Minerva absolutely perfect in every way, and this one was certainly no different.

Well done, as usual. I can't wait to see what you write next. :D
PaulaFMcG chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
This can be the perfect introduction to femmeslash, also for anyone who has not read much of any kind of fanfic. You take us along so compellingly to share Harry’s experience - while he iteracts with the characters he knows best in canon, and you portray them all so well, writing fluent, convincing dialogue.

At some point I can’t help feeling a bit uncertain (like Molly) whether it isn’ too much of an intrusion that we all get to watch the intimate moment so closely. But I’m just thrilled I have the chance to watch it. As you write them – beautifully and realistically, evocatively – these women’s relationship and their situation touch me, and I’m eager to learn to know your Minerva and her love (this one or Madam Hooch) better.

And Harry and his friends’ reactions to what they see and learn are wonderful and wonderfully-depicted: I particularly love Ron’s comment. It surprises me, however, that they are so visibly shocked only by the fact that an old/ungraceful/teacher person could have a love life, not actually taken unawares by the fact that it was a same-sex relationship. I would expect at least someone not to realise immediately that the woman whom they see arguing with Minerva is actually the love interest (when they don’t know how long the memory is and whether interaction with other people will follow).

At two points I notice that you do not keep sentences describing a person’s actions in the same paragraph with his line of dialogue. One is when Ginny shepherds the children to the garden... But now I see that the sentence about her is combined with Molly’s tag... Would it be better to separate them? The second occasion is right in the opening, and I wonder if the position of this line of dialogue warrants an exception. In any case I was a bit confused for a while, as I had to question whether Harry or someone else had said the very first words.

Another point of nitpicking concerns “the taller woman”. Perhaps I’ve learnt to be too strict about the rule that we must avoid replacing names with epithets which the viewpoint characters can’t possibly use in their minds (so that now it disturbs me to repeatedly meet “other men” and “older girls” in Atonement by Ian McEwan, too). At least in the case I’m considering now it isn’t actually impossible that Harry really gives attention to the difference in height between the women and thinks of Minerva rather as the taller woman than as McGonagall. But would it be possible to rephrase the line so that the names and personal pronound would suffice? (I suppose we can easily get into trouble in same-sex interaction – and this is one reason why I’m happy to write my least gen stories in the first person!)

I don’t think it’s sure there’s any limited (third-person) perspective (or whatever you call it) until the line after Harry’s “Well, er...” The scene flows wonderfully without depicting Harry’s thoughts or feelings, and perhaps you’ve considered this carefully. Later it becomes clear that we are sharing a particular character’s experience, and I normally prefer having a chance to reach such an illusion at the very opening of the story.

But those details are hardly relevant. The story is, of course, excellent in its details as well as in the general structure. It works well that after the memory scene, with focus on the love life, we return to a situation where the retirement is the central topic again – and there’s the bonus that we don’t only get to see the couple but also to extrapolate their first public appearance as partners.
tetleybag chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
O, purest bliss!

What a ray of sunshine in a fanfic world practically devoid of dear old Wilhelmina the high-priestess of old-school butchdom. Loved it. And your Arthur is great.
Charlie.aus chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Minerva fucking McGonagall

probably the best way of describing her lol :D

Great stroy
magicmumu chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
Yet another excellent story from you. I think the thing that stood out the most to me was the fact that RPON of all people said that what he saw in his parents memories was 'very okay', and that made me really like your version of his character. I have never been a huge fan of Ron, pften preferring his sister as a character, but you've done very well with these people. I love your work, it is funny and great reads all around.

Erin
DailyProphetEditor chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
Lovely. Minerva is a brave Gryffindor, she'd act just like that.

I like how Hermione kept whispering "How would she know that" and Ron's comments. Oh, and Arthur Weasley, playing with his Muggle devices.
Wateronthebrain chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
wow. GREAT story.
SisterSafetyPin chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
"She was Minerva Fucking McGonagall."

Wow. I've NEVER considered this pairing before, but it was gorgeous. Well done