Reviews for Conversations
Mary Lou chapter 11 . 8/1/2014
That's why they pay Cap the big bucks.
Mary Lou chapter 8 . 8/1/2014
This was just priceless! Never get on the wrong side of Roy.
FlaFan chapter 12 . 4/24/2014
Hope you come back and write another batch. You put together a great combination here!
Guest chapter 12 . 11/29/2012
Great stories. Are you going to write any more Emergency stories? You really do a great job with the characters.
Washingtonmyhome chapter 8 . 4/6/2012
Ah, a sneaky conniving Roy is good.
Washingtonmyhome chapter 2 . 4/6/2012
I love this way of making Roy a little bit more off kilter than the character on the show. You suppose that Johnny's off kilter ways are rubbing off on Roy? If they are, keep it up. It's fun even if it isn't quite true to the show.
Blah chapter 12 . 3/24/2011
What's he saying about firemen then? that they're messed up in the head? I'm just kidding. Good story.
Kelmin chapter 12 . 1/15/2011
Terrific! Well done! Well written, thoughtful, sometimes sad, sometimes funny. Your last chapter was a perfect ending.

Thanks for writing and sharing.
Kelmin chapter 9 . 1/15/2011
Wow, awesome chapter. I've been enjoying this whole story - just started it this evening - but this chapter ("Sometimes the Job Sucks") was extremely well done. Realistic, touching, sad.
VJ chapter 12 . 9/23/2010
I have enjoyed reading all the chapters in this story. You have certainly handled the sensitive, emotion-filled issues with great tenderness and regard for the well-being of those in your profession. Keep up the excellent work.
EWoods chapter 12 . 9/19/2010
This was a great series, and I think your 'wrap up' was the best~
sings2high chapter 12 . 9/14/2010
Thank you so much. Your vignettes are always worth reading and re-reading. I've rarely laughed so hard and it's worth the times I gulp and tear up a bit. They also help me understand my sister's love for fire-fighting (she's a volunteer FF, EMT and underwater rescuer).

Keep writing!
Bamboozlepig chapter 12 . 9/14/2010
Aww, you're ending this story? I have LOVED it...you got right to the heart of Roy and Johnny and brought them to life so well in this piece. The conversations ranged from the sad to the thought-provoking to ones that made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe (the kiwi one? PRICELESS!). But I suppose all good things must come to an end eventually. Thanks for a wonderful treat, and I hope you do another piece like this again...basing some of the incidents on your own experiences is what makes it so real and enjoyable.
Dianne chapter 12 . 9/14/2010
That chapter packed a punch. I really liked how subtle you were about the specifics of John's childhood but at the same time made it clear that it wasn't normal. Jobs like firefighting, police etc really require a person to distance themselves and it doesn't mean they're bad people, it means they care and need to be able to separate themselves from the job so they can be there for their families and for the victims. I liked the way Roy stated that matter-of-factly. It does seem like something Johb would wonder about. I've really enjoyed your series of conversations. Very well written and true to the show. Thanks for sharing.
Dianne chapter 11 . 9/14/2010
Great chapter. Funny stuff. I'm with Johnny on this one, kiwis are weird. But then again, I'm allergic to them so of course I think they're weird.