Reviews for Scraps of Hope
SweetProserpina chapter 1 . 2/12/2016
This story made me giggle! Love this unsure teenage draco :-) Great job, thank you!
Nyago chapter 1 . 3/23/2015
Ah now we get draco point and I adore it! I can see Draco slowly realizing what a fool he was and while still respecting where he came from and what he is, he still won't fall in the same as the others. Killing for the sake of killing is never an answer.

I am glad to see you put that in his mind.
-Nyago
brianaangel chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
Lovely companion piece
Amelia L. Mendal chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
Wait, it's over? WHY? WHY ISN'T THERE MORE? YES, I AM ABUSING THE CAPSLOCK BECAUSE I AM PISSED! I want - NO - I NEED more! Please? If I say please a lot will you make more? Or a sequel? Or SOMETHING? Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please pleeeeeeeeeease?

-Ami
IronSpockMaster chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
I loved reading Draco's side to the story. Because I don't have very long to write a review (Going out :p) here are my favourite bits.

'The circles under his eyes were dim and purple, and stood out starkly against his pale skin.' I love all of your description but I particularly like it here. I just found it really effective.

'sycophantic Slytherins'. Just the word: sycophantic. I love words that make me need to go use a dictionary, it makes for an interesting read. And the alliteration just added the cherry on the cake.

'There it was, shining like the golden ticket that the mad wizard who owned Honeyduke's sent out to the muggles so that he could lure some of them to his factory and experiment on them.' The wizarding world's version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. This idea just jumped out at me on the page... It would be really interesting if that was written, like a wizarding story.

Anyway, now I've read all three parts to the story, and I love them all.
Miss-Talkative chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
My last one shot to review! First of all I have to thank you for a great day of fantastic fics to indulge in. :-)

Right, I have to say I love how you have captivated the voice of Draco. The way he notices Ginnys change is sweet. Again well done with the descriptions, they create perfect imagary. I ADORE this paragraph:

It was like trying to ignore the siren's call to the sailor, and it felt like such a relief to just lift the bowl. There it was, shining like the golden ticket that the mad wizard who owned Honeyduke's sent out to the muggles so that he could lure some of them to his factory and experiment on them.

Bare hilare! Pure genius referring to Willy Wonka!

I have immensely reading your fics, your style and original plots are beyond greatness! Thank you.

Shai xx

p.s I will venture on to your chapterd fic soonish!
MemoriesFade chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
I've been having a horrible week, and these stories are so cute and adorable.

It's interesting to see this all from Draco's perspective. I also find the relation between Ginny's friendship with Luna and then Draco's friendship with Blaise well done. I think you made a point that Draco and Ginny rely on Blaise and Luna for the same reasons-humor in their lives as well as a well-needed, true friend, who is also smart. The two friends have similar characteristics, and I think you did that parallel excellently.

It's funny that Draco seems to be able to grasp and define his emotions more clearly than Ginny does and refreshing. A lot of the times it's the opposite. I think they both have the uncertainty element. But I feel that Draco truly knew from the beginning where his feelings lie, and I think Ginny was a little more confused than him. (I may be getting this all wrong.)

In any case, I enjoyed this piece as well and am glad you did one from Draco's PoV.

Ann
R3.0 chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
After you're review reply I just HAD to read this before heading off to work today. It was so great and I was really glad to see Draco's point of view. It's nice to see him so nervous and unsure for once, shows just how much of a firm foundation he has when coming to make decisions.

Thanks for bringing it up, so that I could take a look. I'm definitely looking at the rest of the day in a better light now that something good happened so early in the morning. :)
qwerzxc chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
I don't know which one is the best, Ginny's POV or Draco's.

Loved this one as well.

Thank you again.

Nori
Narcissa Raie chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
adorable :] I loved Parchment Pieces as well, but it was cute to see Draco's side. I also thought the Honeydukes/Charlie and the Chocolate Factory reference was quite clever. all in all, really fun. :]
Boogum chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
Okay, I'm writing this as I go, as all too often my brain doesn't retain everything I want to say.

First of all, I love the way how you write Draco. I don't know if I've ever told you this, but you capture his 'voice' really well. Love you for that.

"Draco often thought they should teach a new course at Hogwarts, Defence Against Ginny’s Hexes."

That made me laugh.

Ha! You used the word 'sycophantic'. I'm so jealous. I can never think of ways to use the fancy words stored in my head for those 'look at me, I'm intelligent' moments.

"He did his best to ignore the small bowl that seemed to be calling him to lift it up, and see what might be there. Only after he finished his lunch in a regulated and controlled manner, did he allow himself to consider the bowl."

Hahaha! This was just so Draco. He would never jump right in and lift the bowl up. He would wait and eat in a diginified manner, before lifting it in an equally dignified manner.

Again, I am impressed at how in-character you always keep Draco, and I just love the way you throw in those little lines like this. It makes him feel like a real person.

"here it was, shining like the golden ticket that the mad wizard who owned Honeyduke’s sent out to the muggles so that he could lure some of them to his factory and experiment on them."

*LAUGHS* Oh. That totally took me by surprise. I was not expecting an allusion to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Hahaha. That very first line of Draco's when Blaise wakes him up is perfect!

Aw, I loved the end. He was very sneaky, but that is to be expected with Draco.

I really enjoyed this. It was nice getting a chance to read this from Draco's point of view.

Right, now you just have to write something new so that I can continue to read your fics and get my 'Scuba' fix. :P
Lunar Fire chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
I guess I should have said this when I reviewed the original piece awhile back, but something about Ginny's last line really irks me. I'm not sure that it really fits in with the rest of the story. Or maybe it's just more cliche than I expected it to be.

That aside, I love the story, Scuba. The chasing each other in circles, the nerves, the chocolate (u_u) all contributed to a really fantastic piece. I also love that you put Blaise and Luna together as a sort of dynamic duo, mostly because they're my favorite side pairing for a Draco/Ginny centric piece and partially because you did great job putting them into character.

Anyways, well done, Scuba. I really enjoyed reading this.

~Lunar Fire~
MidnightxRed chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
Ahh, the other perspective :) Just as good, or maybe even better than the first. You captured his insicurities expertly in this fic :D

I don't really have much else to say apart from that i really enjoyed it.
Anna Scathach chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
okay, i see why you put my 'thoughts' on story alert... you add a happy ending, though... and blaise/luna. awesome!
Nimph chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
Oh, lovely!

I like this one a bit more than Parchment pieces, don't know why. Maybe the sentences are shorter? I liked the flow much better, I think.

How comes this is not the second half of Parchment Pieces? If you did that, you wouldn't have to explain in the end what Blaise know, because it would be apparent in here. But it's only an idea. :)

You know, I really liked Draco's reflections on people. The beginning was very lovely, in fact. And I don't recall saying so in my other review, but I liked the tension you created when they sat together without looking at each other. Maybe it was better portrayed in here.

Anyway, I'm very happy with this fic!