Reviews for Gotham Tales: Questions and Prayers
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
strange and deep
Xombyme chapter 1 . 4/17/2007
im not sure if you actuall y read this or not but i have been reading this tory off and one since its been published. by no means think im a child im a 28 year old male who has a steady job ( and if there are any typos i am sorry) but for some reason i always come back to it. you see i was studing to become a priest until my youger brother was killed in a drunk driving accident and tehn my father was one of those killed in sept 11 and for soem reason i come back. at first i escaped into booze spending all the money i had on a quick effect that never lasted the night and then repeated it all over agian. but one day for some reason i walked into a book store one of my past love (for i always wanted to be a lit teacher) i remember the past that made me smile and i picked up a batman comic and just the holding of something that gave me such content of the past time made me break, made me accept all the bad times and made me accept that the profession of seminary was not where i belong. i dont know you and this is alone why i write. i sit with friends who know my story and i am quiet and i sit with strangers who do not and i sitt sit in silence but this one always gives me waht i want and that is the ability to feel. im not sure you know the difference for i dont know you but the fact that the tears come everytime from what you wrote i just have to say thank you. thank you so very much

i doubt this will every get to you but if ever does give me the pleasure of a your welcome to
ItzAGoodThing chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
Incredible! Very inspiring!

Thank you.
xombyme chapter 1 . 8/19/2005
simply amazing. a valid point on each half and some of the best i have evwer read and i'm an english teacher
Zarz chapter 1 . 2/5/2005
I like this story as well. I can understand Batman's feelings about 9/11, but it was good of Zauriel to remind him that he isn't totally devoid of feelings either. I liked how you managed to make both Batman and Zauriel realistic and understandable, and still have Zauriel be "alien".
Cat chapter 1 . 9/4/2002
Good story I realy liked it.
Papa Wheelie chapter 1 . 8/7/2002
Zauriel should have reminded the Dark Knight about the trademark philosophy of Wesley Dodds (the Golden Age Sandman): "There is no land beyond the law, where tyrants rule with unshakeable power. It's just a dream from which they wake, to face their fate. Their terrifying hour." Bang-up job, all around.
webmyss chapter 1 . 1/18/2002
Wow! That is a really great story, it is written with a deep passion and sorrow. Keep up the great work.
Amethyst M chapter 1 . 1/2/2002
Excellent! Well written. :)
Digital Construct chapter 1 . 12/3/2001
That was rather nice. Especially considering my own background. I enjoyed it. I believe that you held close to the characters, their thoughts, as well as their emotions. Excellent work!
Blaque Cell chapter 1 . 11/30/2001
That was, without a doubt, the best story I have ever read on this site. In fact, next to No Man's Land, it was the best Batman story I've read, period. I'm not really sure what else to say. It was just excellent.
Tracey Claybon chapter 1 . 11/28/2001
Wow. I'm still trying to write my DCU WTC answer, but I wasn't going anywhere near where you have with this one. You wrote this as powerfully as any of the stories I've seen in any of the fanficdoms - I hope that telling this story eased your heart and soul like writing my two eased - and eases my own.
Marcie Gore chapter 1 . 11/21/2001
Beautiful! I aways wondered wht Bruce's Spirtial Background was. I loved the whole story , I espiecally liked the line about him not following Richard around but trusting his judgement. It's a perfect Analogy,of Parents and children and God and his Billions of children. I had tears in my eyes as I read your story. I wish in a way the comics would touch on Sept 11. BEAUTIFUL!
TDX chapter 1 . 11/19/2001
You dipped into your magic bag and pulled out another excellent story. I really liked your handling of Zauriel.
Miyo chapter 1 . 11/18/2001
Very Cool story. I love it! Keep up the great work!