Reviews for Farewell to a Hero
Guest chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
I like this but I wonder what if...

Superman had fought Doomsday 1st & was killed Then Ranma finished him off

Superman gave Ranma his blood like he did Lois
Ranmaleopard chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
this is really awesome and interesting i cant wait to see what happens next and i would love to see more like this. Please continue!
Dark Vizard447 chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
Lord Sia chapter 2 . 1/26/2010
Awesome fic, and as for power levels...

I made this long rant, but suffice to say, Ranma is (and always will be) better at fighting than Superman. Big Boy Blue might be more powerful, but Ryouga's always been more powerful, yet how often has he beat Ranma without a new special technique or resorting to trickery or cheating?
GeorgeTobor chapter 2 . 8/4/2009
Pretty good story, and yes I think you should expand it. First off, how did Doomsday get to Japan and had Superman fought it before or not? Second, is it dead, I mean really dead, I suggest Superman drop the body into the nearest black hole anyway. Then you could have reporters come to Nerima to find out more about Ranma. I wonder how Wonder Woman would react to chinese amazon laws, kiss of death, obstactles are for killing, etc. Paradise Island may not think much of men but the chinese amazons are worse in my book, lots worse. I can see Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman all in Nerima, Kuno would start pestering Wonder Woman, Superman could save Kodachi from a yakuza thug hired to kill her(I really think the kunos must have pissed off lots of people), Batman could accidentaly knock out Shampoo. But the new players would not play as nice as Ranma, wonder what would happen?
Master of the Boot chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
I'm not familiar with Ranma, but I have read the death of Superman. And I have to say that this story is every bit as good as the comic book. Doomsday is still the psychotic mad dog that we all know and hate.

Congragulations on such a good piece of writing.

Master of the Boot
elrail chapter 2 . 1/26/2009
Seth O. Blade chapter 2 . 11/20/2008
I want you to make more of this, damnit, I NEED more, you CAN'T just let it stay like this, it is too cruel.

Seth O. Blade.
Bobboky chapter 2 . 11/19/2008
sounds good
rune tobor chapter 2 . 10/21/2008
It is in Japan, if you are crossing with DC comics you might as well cross with Oh My Goddess too. Bring in Belldandy but don't let her fight the thing. Kami-Sama would tell her to hold back, at least at first, Doomsday is a mortal concern. I can see the Norns taking an interest in Ranma though. I think that for the final blast Ranma should tap not only his life force (Ki) but also mana and then his soul and finally the ultimate force. This would put him on the path to becoming a god(dess). You could let him be in a coma like state for 3 days. He would not appear to be alive but his body would not decay. The new connection to the ultimate force would not let him really die, and would slowly heal and perfect his body. Meanwhile SuperMan would be fighting DoomsDay while Ranma was out of it. Then the new god(dess) of Duty or maybe Protection would help SuperMan put an end to the Monster. After which I can see Urd deciding to chase/help our favorite hero(ine).
Celestial Indigo chapter 2 . 10/21/2008
You know, you don't have to just end it there. You can simply put "To Be Continued" at the end of the story there. From there, you can bring in elements of YYH, like Koenma's Castle, the River Stix, King Kai, and a Demon Egg for rebirth. Maybe one that takes in the Neko-ken, giving Ranma control over the technique. From there, he can join up with Superman (solo) or the Justice League (group).

Well, now that I've put my two cents in, I hope to see more from this.
Jess D chapter 2 . 10/19/2008
This was one hellva story, and I do agree with your idea of going back and re-working the story into something longer. Making it multi-chapter and going in more depth on the characters and what they're experiencing seeing such a creature exist. Perhaps even extend a death scene or two, like what Happi was thinking in his last moments. Maybe more than just him and Ranma die at the hands of Doomsday? Or at the very least get crippled in some minor way; Ryoga loses an eye, Shampoo gets seriously scared, maybe Mousse loses an arm trying to save his love's life?

Hell, how about killing off the Kuno siblings who think, through they're rose-colored glasses that they can defeat the so-called demon that Ranma/Ranko summoned to keep them from their so-called loves. Hell, how about one either dies, or paralyized from the waist down and the other starts to see the REAL world as it is.

Yet, at the same time, keep this version of the story still posted up. As a keepsake and reminder to the story that the fans loved and inspired you to write up a more thorough version off. Perhaps, the other version might even have an epilogue, to get the people's reactions of Superman getting to the scene too late.

Or the funeral that happens afterwards, and how the martial artists of Nerima interact with the superheroes who come to remember an unknown hero who died saving the world. Perhaps, some might even take on some of the fighters under their wings; or in Shampoo's case, introduce to their long-thought-lost Amazonian sisters.

Anyways, keep up the great work, and if you do write up another version or just an epilogue, sending me an email or alert or something to let me know once you put it up. If not, I'll check the Ranma sect of and just keep an eye out for it. Until the next time, later.
BlazeStryker chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
This is a Frankenstein's Monster of a story. And the parts reject one another.

I can understand wanting to rais Ranma to the epic level, but this will not do it.

To be frank, Doomsday! was one of the most overblown, weakest arcs in Superman's history, Pre- or Post-Crisis. The supporting cast was just there to act as horrified witnesses, the man himself went against his core beliefs several times in the fight against Big Silent Kill-kill-kill, it was presented with crap pretentiousness..

Put it this way, be GLAD you failed. Doomsday! is to a proper epic ending arc like *The Dark Knight Returns* like the ending of M*A*S*H was in comparison with Robin Hood's blind shot to determine his gravesite.

(And one always suspects that while the shot was powerful, he hit a tree and they had to fire it again.)

Thanks for reading.

Postscript: THE TOWN IS NERIMA WARD OF TOKYO. **NERIMA**, NOT NERMIA! The town does NOT belong to Garfield's annoying kitten "pal" Nermal!

SuperLardBucket chapter 2 . 10/16/2008
That's a good idea. I'd extend it into a longer story, though I wouldn't start at square 1... Maybe continue with people trying to get over Ranma's death... and have Ranma come back for a happy ending... sort of like the movie "Superman: Doomsday", only without Cartoon Network editing it until it sucks completely.
SuperZeo chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Very good story, spelling and grammar needs some work, but the story itself is awesome, the climax was executed phenomenally and brilliantly. I was wondering if you could make a sequel, where Ranma resurrects like Superman did after fighting Doomsday and adding a certain spin to it, such as Ranma being part Kryptonian due to a visiting Kryptonian visting Japan and ended up being one of Ranma's ancestors, which could explain Ranma's speed, strength, agility, and him tapping into that extra power.