Reviews for Leather Jacket and Vinyl Seats
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
The story flowed wonderfully. I just wish you would consider taking some of these insights and turning them into full fledge stories. I mean I'd love to see the one with Sammy walking to the bar to get his daddy adn the werewolf one turned into multi chapter stories-You so had me from go with both of those. chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Awesome little vignettes, each one a great stand alone short story. Loved how you started it off with the small family sitting on the Impala in the aftermath of the fire which took Mary. And just adored brave little 4 year old Sammy walking that distance to get their dad from the scary (to his little mind) bar as Dean was sick.

Could so imagine John carrying his youngest out after the werewolf hunt gone wrong and Dean determined to protect his brother at all costs next time or avoid another injury.

So heartbreaking Sam's breakdown in the aftermath of Jess' death but perfect how you had Dean arrive back at the motel and quietly comfort his little brother.

You also got perfectly the burden Dean was carrying after their dad's final words to him, trying to cope with his grief and the secret and trying to put on his game face for Sam. Great how just putting his jacket around his little brother, reassured Sam so much.

The final vignette was heartbreaking, Sam now the only surviving Winchester wearing Dean's amulet and leather jacket, and that 'last hug' from his brother, so emotional.

Fantastic writing, you got their characters spot on there, loved it. Thanks
Chiiyo86 chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
I loved it! Really nice way to show the evolutions of the characters throughout a life time.

You already know it, but I really love the way you write Sam as a kid, because he's still so Sam.

And the conclusion that all the magic of the jacket was tied to the man filling it... I have this lump in my throat.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
That was fabulous! I really really loved that first scene, with little four-year-old Dean sitting on the Impala's hood as his house burned down. Yeah I was reading this at work and cried. Every time I see that scene I wonder what that poor kid must have been thinking - and the little boy who played him there was really good too.

Four-year-old Sammy was just adorable! And you can so imagine him doing that to save his big brother! The parallels you put in there between what each boy did for the other were just inspired - particularly getting to see some of Sam's hurt after Jess not manifesting itself as anger as in the show.

And that last scene? With Sam wearing Dean's coat and necklace? OMG! More tears!

Muffy Morrigan chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
This is possibly the best thing you've every written, tight, sparse and just amazing. The concept was awesome, the execution perfect. The emotions are so true and the characterizations are spot on. That moment at the end, "The Last Hug" breaks my heart. Everytime I read it, truly, truly amazing!

Five Impalas shining in the sun with happy boys inside. Both of them, singing something silly and laughing together.
Lilwazzabug chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Aw that was so wonderful! I love Wee!Fics, and this was sort of a mixture of both worlds. I loved the last story very much, though it made me sad:( Great job, this had me mesmerized from beginning to end:)
Lia chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Thirty minutes? It's amazing! I spent almost thirty minutes to read!(Kidding, although I'm just learning English). Seriously, I loved it, the idea about the Impala and the jacket going through our boys lives and the way you conduced this...Thanks!
kogsy21 chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
I thought this flowed brilliantly! Wonderful! The second vignette was my favorite, with Sam going to get John in the bar. I liked the suspense of wondering what was wrong with Dean and then the angst from John that followed. Thanks for posting!
abni chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Uh, do you and Muffy happen to hold shares in the Kleenex factory or something? Because, wow, *snif* that final section was just perfect, both of its own accord and as the final in this series of vignettes, how that leather jacket has been with them all through the years, symbol of comfort and safety - and then the ritual stowing it away, and Sam's resolve to get Dean back... absolutely perfect.

This has to be my favourite line: Rays from the rising sun found their way through the maze of tangled metal in the scrap-yard. Chirping birds joined in the chorus of Sam’s muffled, jerky breaths. - beautifully written, the way you counterpoint the imagery - rising sun/maze of tangled metal, the chirping birds/Sam's muffled breaths. Very vivid, powerful imagery - showing that you're one heck of a writer, girl!

Sorry I haven't been reading and reviewing much lately, life seems intent on not giving me much time for fanfic these days :( I hope to catch up soon, though!

Nana56 chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Very good. No worries about the flow of it. Really awesome!

"accepting one last hug from his brother" almost did me in. Kind of early in the morning for that. Got a whole day to get through, yet. :D

Thanks for sharing this with us. I really enjoyed it.
RhianaStar chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Loved everything about this story... from Sammy to Sam... and giving an inside not just to moments with John but also what Sam's POV would have been like after Dean's death.
apieceofcake chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Loved it, thank you!
SamDeanLover28 chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
spnMom chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
I love any peeks into the boys lives. This was great (even though no shirts were removed :-)

It was nice to see a new story appear so quickly... I love these alerts, no waiting. Thanks!
Soncnica chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
This was so freaking SAD :(

and amazing, and the story flew nicely (well at least for me) and I loved how you did the scenes going from wee!chesters to teen!chester to adults..all with the leather jacket. Awesome!

good job,