Reviews for Leather Jacket and Vinyl Seats
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
Loved this!

The image of wee-Sammy in his PJs marching into the pool hall - Aw! That is Sam is so many ways - a kind of bravery that doesn't need a gun.

And the leather jacket 'hug' from Dean at the end - you got me right in the heart with that one.

Great concept, awesome execution!

Sculls
leavingslowly chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
Aw, Dean, Sam, John and the jacket. I must admit, I have fondness for John that is probably undeserved . . . but the important question is, where's the vampire story? I am impatiently waiting for that awesomeness to be finished!
bhoney chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
Wow, I really loved this! Thanks for the dedication, I was so excited to see this come up, the dedication was just the icing on an already wonderful cake! :)

You had some great lines in here. I especially loved the stuff with little Sammy. This line cracked me up, just a little: "The women looked like they were dressed in their underwear." *giggle* I could just see little Sammy's face as he contemplated this. But then I loved the decision he came to: "These people weren’t keeping him from getting help for his brother." It was so sweet, how Sammy conquered his fear to get help for his big brother. And that Dean got hurt trying to protect Sam. I loved Sammy using the wet washcloth on Dean's head, mimicking how Dean has taken care of him when he's been sick. SO sweet!

And I love how you echoed this line/thought a couple of times throughout, switching between the boys: "...Dean would be okay...He’d be here to make sure of it."

Wow, and then I wanted to cry a little at this: "He shrank into the coat, accepting one last hug from his brother." *tear* And then this: "The leather no longer offered any real comfort, any security. The magic of the jacket apparently belonged to the man that filled it." *sob* Dean! (And John!)

So glad you ended on this note: "It was time to bring his brother home." It brought things back full-circle, Sam going off again into the night, determined to do whatever it takes to save his big brother. *happy sigh* I love a determined Sam. :)

And I loved the idea you used here, different moments involving the jacket and the impala. Inspired! I have been anxiously waiting for the jacket to make an appearance on the show. Hopefully soon! ;) In the meantime, I've favoriting this! Thanks for writing it! (I think my review's as long as the story itself, LOL!)
carocali chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
LOVE it! I really like the Led Zeppelin references too! Great work.

Personal favorites:

"“The office manager?” John frowned. Why would the office manager have interacted with his sons?

Sammy nodded again. “Uh-huh, he kicked a doggy. It was just lost and didn’t have no home.”

John held his patience. Sammy could only tell the story from the beginning. If he tried to rush him along to the point he needed, his youngest son would get frustrated and confused. “What happened after he kicked the dog?”

Little fingers fisted tighter into Dean’s sweaty t-shirt. “I, I got mad,” Sam stuttered, his emotions replaying on his face. “I yelled at Mr. Colpitts.”

John’s leg jumped in agitation. He didn’t like where this story was headed. “And?”

“He hit me.” Sammy’s eyes were huge with fear in spite of the time lapse. “Then Dean got mad.”"

Love that you have brainy!Sam that can only tell a story from the beginning. What an absolutely cool little quirk!

And this just makes me want to cry:

"As before, the four-year-old ran ahead of him, this time opening the back door of the Impala and climbing in. John leaned into the interior. “Sammy, you’ll have to sit up front. Dean needs to lie down.”

“There’s room,” Sammy insisted, patting his leg. “His head goes here.”"

Ah!

Beautifully written, amazing stuff! Thanks for sharing!

;D

Caroline
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
Uhm, you wrote that in 30 minutes? 30 minutes? OMG. That was an emotional rollercoaster of delight. Sadness, relief, pain, angst, happiness, anger. Just. Everything. beautiful. You are amazing.
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
This was wonderful my friend. Moments in time. Happy, heartbreaking... simply wonderful.
36 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3