Reviews for FINDING HIMSELF
Guest chapter 38 . 6/28/2017
This was a fantastic read! I consumed it about as quickly as when I first got OOTP. I'm so glad I came across this gem when searching for Hufflepuff fanfic. Felt as though I was reading about this world for the first time. I'm now a Cedric/Hermione convert. Thank you so much for writing this!
uncoconut chapter 37 . 6/23/2017
Ugh. I hate it when people are morally strong. Makes me feel like they're trying to make me feel guilty but only end up making me feel annoyed. GET OVER IT. it happened and Umbridge deserved nothing better. You think Azkaban is any better?! Getting captured by centaurs is hardly anything but you objected to her getting a smidge of what she deserved? Come on, now. Don't be hypocrite.
uncoconut chapter 36 . 6/23/2017
WHAT?! THEY WERE CAREFUL WTF?!
uncoconut chapter 32 . 6/22/2017
Alright. My last review was a bit harsh but you can't blame me. When they argue, they turn into the most terrible piece of shits to ever grace Hogwarts I swear. They're not that bad (especially when they're fluffy ohmygod). Everything I say about them was true (though I admit it was a bit exaggerated) and I was angry at that time (go figure!). This is worth the read. The plot is great, the grammar is inspeckable and their relationship is cute af.
uncoconut chapter 29 . 6/22/2017
Hermione and Cedric BOTH grate on my damn nerves. Hermione's insensitive (literally no tact sometimes I swear) and very ignorant (maybe that's why she got into gryffindor instead of ravenclaw). Like, are you a slut or not (joke guys since she likes to slut shame herself don't kill me). Now, Cedric can't be considered a Mary Sue (kinda? Idk who categorise these kind of stuff) cos he has a few flaws but my problem is NO ONE calls him out for his bullshit (not even Hermione. I know the hell did her spine go?). Everyone puts him on some kind of pedestal (yes. EVERYONE) and the fic is narrated as though he is ALWAYS right (which he isn't by the way though maybe I'm the only one who thinks he isn't some kind god). He's a patronising fuck and thinks he knows better just cos he's older (and honestly someone I would deck without hesitance, disabled or not). Now I would've bounced ages ago because of these shitty characters but the plot is too damn good and captivating and I'll be honest, they have their good moments (though not enough for me to like them, but enough for me to keep going). Their relationship is cute and their interaction are hashtag goals (saying this ironically). And also the anticipation of the scene where umbridge gets her ass beat because FUCK THAT BITCH. I wouldn't say this is the best fic but it's alright, if you can tolerate these two.
uncoconut chapter 14 . 6/18/2017
I absolutely love your story so far and exceeds my expectations many times. No offence, but you made Cedric WAY more special than he needs to be. Kinda making him look like the male version of a Mary Sue. I'm not very impressed with it. Still like him though.
Olivia chapter 21 . 5/18/2017
I love this story so very much, in a way that I so deeply believe it should have 8,000 reviews instead of 800 (even though that's brilliant, of course.) I never review, ever, but I just... love it. The story itself feels like a warm blanket, wrapped tight.

This chapter made me cry. I'm not sure why, but it did.
Olivia chapter 16 . 5/18/2017
I don't WANT Hermione to be hurt, of course, but I would enjoy seeing Cedric having an overprotective reaction the blood quill.
Olivia chapter 4 . 5/18/2017
I like this so very much.
HH chapter 14 . 4/27/2017
It's not 'israel' it's Palestine
pandapuff527 chapter 40 . 4/15/2017
I binged this and am now going to rec it to all I know. Beyond brilliant. Can't wait to read the sequel!
Cyber Seer chapter 2 . 2/21/2017
You just ripped my heart out and crushed it.
souverian chapter 1 . 1/26/2017
I really enjoyed this story. Good, believable, well-paced character debelopment, a new depth to a character I haven't really thought much about in the HP-universe, and great points about prejudice and lack of cultural insight even in the magical world. Your grammar is great as well, which I wish didn't matter so much to me, but poor grammar really distracts me from the story the author is trying to tell even if they story itself might be good.

The only negative point I can come with is your abbreviation of 'Defence Against the Dark Arts'. Abbreviating it to 'Dark Arts' completely changes the meaning; in fact it inverts the meaning. I also don't thing it helps that the name of the course was changed to 'Dark Arts' under the Carrow twins. It can confuse the reader slightly. I would abbreviate the course name to 'Defense'; it maintains the meaning of the course while still shortening the course name significantly. I think I might have read the abbreviation I mentioned somewhere in the HP books, but I might have confused that with one of the (too) many fanfictions I've read. :p

As I said; I really enjoyed your story and if the abbreviation of a course name is the only criticism I can come up with then it must be good :)
Guest chapter 21 . 1/17/2017
When I saw the warning I laughed out loud. They've been cute and adorable and teenage problem-y and laid off with the petting recently, and then it's like "BAM. SMUT GUYS."

I feel so awkward reading them. I shouldn't, I've read far smuttier, but agh.
Guest chapter 20 . 1/17/2017
When it comes to the Ministry battle, I feel like this will be a big point in their relationship. On one hand, Cedric is disabled. There's no changing that fact. So bringing him along is very dangerous to his health. On the other, he would never forgive her if she left him behind because she thought he wouldn't be able to do anything. The negative emotions would be fuelled by his thinking that although he was angry, it was true.

Unless he was the distraction for Umbridge, but maybe this issue will be resolved differently anyway.
1,043 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »