Reviews for FINDING HIMSELF
tricksysauce chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
I'm unsure if you read reviews still, but I wanted to let you know how much you've inspired me as a writer. Your stories were the first fanfiction I ever found, all the way back when I was in middle school. I am so happy that they are here on FFN over a decade later. After reading everything you had written, I went on to find other authors (very, very few who approached your caliber). I then began to write myself. Today, I write, but, mainly, I teach kids to read. Your works opened up my world in so many ways that I can't even begin to describe. I hope that, in teaching children to read, I will encourage them to find stories that affect them as much as yours have affected me.

Wherever you are, whatever you're doing, I hope you are well, and a most sincere "thank you" for all of your beautiful works.
xTroublesomePersonx chapter 39 . 1/10/2014
This was a truly outstanding fan fiction.

First of all, I'm extremely amazed and humbled by the length and detail in it. I've never stumbled upon a fan fiction more than half its' length before, which really goes to show that this right here is real dedication!

Second of all, I'm also very pleased with all the character development you put into it. While I did notice a few small errors here and there, I think you've managed to take the Cedric Diggory we all know and turn him into a very believable developed character of his own. Your portrayal of Hermione as someone who goes from being a mere child to a woman is also very well done. The only character I had a hard time connecting the book version to the fan fiction version of was Cedric's mother; however, as she barely showed up in the book, that's more or less a mute point.

Third of all, I'm also very happy with the romance in this. As someone, who shares your view on the Cedric/Hermione pairing, I could only be extremely pleased with them being put so very well together herein.

Fourth of all, I also really liked the way you put Cedric into the canon events, without him changing everything altogether. Even though, I was really frustrated that Cedric had to go through so much, I think it all served your purpose of making him 'real' very well.

Fifth of all, your description of the Harry Potter universe was also very good. You managed to keep the original one intact, while also making it into your own with your additional intriguing inputs. For that, I applaud you.

Because, sixth of all, I really think this was an extremely outstanding piece of work. And I really do applaud you for all of it. Now, even if there were a few minor flaws or a few slight frowns at one point or another, I don't want to dwell on any of those, because my overall impression of this fan fiction was that it was unbelievably very well-written, well thought out, and splendidly done.

Thank you for putting so much of your time into writing it. You're a very talented and dedicated author. (:
Apologies for the long review!
Keep it up chapter 38 . 1/8/2014
This was my first good cedric/hermione fanfiction and really enjoyed it. I liked the traditions which you created at the end for the 7th years as they flowed with the style of the harry potter world.
Guest chapter 38 . 1/5/2014
That was great, you are a talented author!
Majerus chapter 38 . 1/4/2014
Nice finish, or at least a binding of several loose ends. :)
Thanks for writing this, sharing your time and talent, it's definitely one of my favorite Hermione stories thus far. I've never read a story that developed one of the 'other' characters quite as well as this has, and though I was clear in my disappointment with what I see your one failing in that character dev, the whole is so much more than it's parts - and that whole is fantastic.
Majerus chapter 37 . 1/4/2014
Fantastic. A moving and very deep - review? - of how far she has come.
Well done.
Majerus chapter 36 . 1/4/2014
So, Cedric IMMEDIATELY apparates and gets backup. Right?
grr.

It was a very well done battle scene - one that always has so much potential to go either way in a story and you did a great job with the intensity.
Majerus chapter 35 . 1/4/2014
What the hell? Why on earth would Cedric undergo a complete personality change? Idiotic and Impulsive over with Hermione in danger, sure - no problem. Wildly fleeing his mother, possibly the one person he WOULD TRUST to help more than any other?
I say all of this because you've built such a solid character in Cedric Diggory that I KNOW How he thinks, you've taught us how he thinks. You've given his Inner Thoughts.
I don't buy it, it's so badly done - in light of your incredible plotting thus far - that it just stopped me cold. Your flimsy 'she's bound and determined to take me to London', what is he, six?
It's plain dues ex machina.
You blew your thus-far spotless character development and plotting all to shite *sad*

BTW, how is someone so poor in DADA able to blast the front gate of Hogwarts - the most secure place in magical Britain?

The final scenes come back together in some sort of reasonable fashion at least. The adults should have arrived by now though, having direct floo connections from Hogwarts about half an hour since Susan was supposed to have told them...
*shrugs*
I know plot lines cannot be perfect when trying to both tell a story And have some canon semblances.
I hope Cedric slices one of Lucius's legs off and - with the threat of losing the other - is made to reverse the curse upon him. *laughs* ok, fantasy aside, I do hope Lucius gets crippled, like losing his arms actually. No, wait, the most appropriate punishment for that sack would be if he were squibbed.
Majerus chapter 34 . 1/4/2014
Egads the way you are building this up is driving me nuts.
Of course Cedric will be put in danger - when he finds out that Hermione is at the DoM - if that whole things goes down the way it did in canon.
Which of course seems almost certain.
Gah!
I'm literally too nervous to quit reading!
Majerus chapter 33 . 1/4/2014
I keep forgetting to mention it, but your Really Do stick with Hermione's personality. I am impressed by this, and complimenting you here, and yet it's sad for Hermione herself.
Sure she's bending here and there, maturing some and growing slowly, but at her core she still is the prude, self-absorbed bookworm. The fact that she has to justify having sex not for it's enjoyment or the shared intimacy - but rather "for Cedric's health" - speaks very poorly about her future ability to live life, and enjoy it, for herself. :(

What a wild ride! I hope Hermione doesn't get overwrought - it's what I was afraid of early, though honestly I thought it would revolve around a fight, and mostly likely her rigid-ignorance over house elves. That aside, she has his journal...
Majerus chapter 32 . 1/4/2014
Excellent job describing the various House privileges - except Syltherin. So they have tunnels, so what? How does that equate to the powers the other three have?

The spectacle of the House speaking gave me goose bumps :)

I've never understood the "thousands" of students idea - not just for your very logical reasons, but for the simple sake of timing. When do all of these other thousands of students go to class? Who teaches them with so few teachers available? Where do they sleep if - using Gryff's rooms as an example entire floors are taken up by one group of 4-6 kids? (Every canon mention of dorms mentions they go up or down to other years rooms).

In any case, it's another brilliant chapter, thanks!
Majerus chapter 31 . 1/4/2014
Simply Brilliant. Your ideas ring with a perfect image of Hufflepuff.
Majerus chapter 30 . 1/4/2014
Brilliantly brutal.
Majerus chapter 29 . 1/4/2014
Solid ch. Glad the parents meet, they are all on three same page now re Cedric's condition. I don't understand why they wouldn't take the opportunity to discuss muggle medicine though.
Twilizzle chapter 40 . 1/4/2014
I've absolutely adored this story, having never considered this coupling before. Thank you!
763 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »