Reviews for FINDING HIMSELF
tamara0k chapter 11 . 2/14/2009
This is one of the best stories I've came upon. It is deep and well thought. I liked how unpredictable it was. Your style is astounding. It shows that you are knowledgeable and "cultured." This is better shown in your story Cowboys & Indians. What surprises me is that not a lot of people reviewed this story. But then may be because the paring is not popular. Well done and I'm looking forward to the sequel.
misskatles chapter 38 . 2/4/2009
I absolutely adore you story, you have a talent for words and I thank you for publishing the story on here.

I've always loved the idea of Cedric and Hermione and your portrayal of the characters and the situations was simply amazing. I would honestly pay to read any novel of your own.

I hope to read more of your work. Whether fanfic or original.
ChelsMels chapter 38 . 1/30/2009
i have to say that i am really hooked to your story and erm, very impressed with it.

i find your version of OotP much preferable compared to JK Rowling's (not that i am saying her version is not great) because i personally thought Cedric Diggory and Hermione made a good couple. and the way you potrayed Cedric in your story is really good.

you didnt do it like any other stories that had him miraculously survived the "avada kedavra" and so-called "live to tell the tale"...

you left Cedric with complications in your story and i think it made it more realistic. all in all, you are a wonderful author/writer/storyteller.

hope to have more stories from you soon.

love,

chelsie
Dusk Reaper chapter 40 . 1/21/2009
This story is utterly brilliant and beautiful. Really, I'm becoming a huge fan of parallel canon because of this. Keeping Cedric alive brought an intriguingly complex turn to the fifth book, especially since you showed how much he could have affected the entire school in one year. Bringing Cedric and Hermione was also interesting, as I'd never would have imagined the two together until you wrote out perfectly good reasoning for it. The pairing felt more preferable to the canon of Ron/Hermione, since you could focus on romantic relationships much more in this story and expand Hermione's character beyond Harry's point of view.

Which brings to the story's greatest strength- your characterization. Everyone felt as real as J.K. Rowling portrays them, and I loved how you showed how pivotal Hermione's role is beyond "Harry's clever best friend." In fact, I grew even more attached to the characters, feeling exceptionally more disgusted at Umbridge. I swear, I'm going to end up watching the fourth and fifth movies and start mixing up canon to your story. But I don't really mind. It's a mark of how wonderfully written this is.

Honestly, I think I'll just continue convincing myself that Cedric didn't really die because your parallel universe is a little more preferable. It was worth all the time to finish reading, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your work.
Stardust0808 chapter 38 . 12/30/2008
This story was amazing to read. I love your take on the fifth book; leaving Cedric alive and the romance with Hermione was a lovely touch. I am somewhat saddened to see them lose the baby, but not so bad because you gave a realistic perspective as to how Cedric and Hermione would have handled it had it ever actually occurred. They are more mature than their fellow classmates I think and would look upon the situation rationally and logically. What I found what makes this story so worthwhile, intriguing and just plain GOOD, is the maturity level at which it is written. You have a serious talent for this sort of thing and I am glad you decided to share with us on fanfiction. There are not enough words to tell you how this story has made my day.

Regarding the sequel, I have headed on over to your website and found the story, but I have noticed you have quite a few chapters posted on there and not on this website; will you post the sequel on this site soon, or when you are done? I am sure the sequel will be great as well as this story. Thanks for reading my review, but more importantly: thanks for posting the story.

Happy New Year from California :)

-DragonPhoenix87
mimmio chapter 40 . 12/28/2008
You are a very talented writer and poet. This is a beautiful story. It opened my eyes to the Cedric/Hermione pairing.

Wonderful work!
Lyssa Baby chapter 39 . 12/27/2008
hey love the story it rocks god i love cedric
CT1994 chapter 39 . 12/25/2008
lol and now you've got me reading your essays. you witch. hahaha nah
CT1994 chapter 38 . 12/25/2008
HITS STORY WAS F*KING FANTASTIC! i don't usually swear, only when i'm really angry or when the moment needs it and i believe this story is BLOODY FANTASTIC! It's a full blown novel and its amazing! I have no qualms about declaring this as one of 2 best fanfics that i ahve EVER read. Absolutely amazing. Lol and i know you're busy and all taht professor and all but this story was jsut executed flawlessly! ( haha btw i found like 2 mistakes i was looking out for! i wanted more... but you're too great! xD ahah 2 mistakes out of a whole fricken story!)

anywho. back to my review, you wrote the characterisations perfectly! totally impeccable i loved the whole damn thing, i felt bad for ubridge at times lol but then when at the bits where the characters were involved in arguing i was literally getting angry as well, lol i wanted to join in and point out some stuff. haha thats a great author to incite that much passion! umm the story litterally flowed for me i COULD NOT put it down or rather turn off my computer and when i was FORCED to putit down for the night seeing as it was nearing 4 am i left my computer on standby. I could not believe that i spent so long reading it! lol i have only ever spent days on end reading great stories. i realise that this review is long but this is the only way for me to properly thank you for this great piece! lol i honeslty think its better than JK's version, well lol i like both but definitely this one cause Cedric was alive. Although we never really got to see the effects of muggle medicine on him, maybe that is answered in the sequel. and rest assured or not lol i WILL be reading that one too lol whilst i build up the fortitude to read another large fic. i was beginning new moon again from the twilight series when i decided to give yours ago notwithstanding the fact that it was so long,and I LOVE IT! haha intitally i was sort of fazed by the sheer enormity but then i sat down and read it and could not stop and i am soo glad i did! it was a work of art! is it on my fav? if not ITS SO ON THERE.

oh the Order of the Purple Dildo was a stroke of genius! ahhah so funny. okay i think that is all i can write on the top of my head at the moment. However i know theres more i can talk about lol. anyways This was a FANTASTIC piece of work and quite frankly i enjoyed every minute or rather hour i spent reading it! great story!
Aby chapter 10 . 12/25/2008
Great fantastic Story - I love the concept of the story and the characterization!
TheDefiantOne chapter 38 . 12/24/2008
Great Story. A unique perspective and interesting twist. Will definately have to check out your other stories. I'm very suprised there are so few reviews. This is an excellent story.
CT1994 chapter 27 . 12/24/2008
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! lol taht was FRICKEN HILARIOUS! hjaha lol i laughed alot! haha lol "the order of the purple dildo" hahahah lol great line! loll great idea it was so funny!
CT1994 chapter 23 . 12/23/2008
haha great story as always, lol although its so sad to see Cedric feeling so much pain, i wish it would somehow get better, even though i realise that him recovering completely is somewhat implausible.

lol p.s is it just me but i've been picking up on a lot of "Twilight" references. lol or maybe its just many conincidences. lol gresat story
CT1994 chapter 17 . 12/22/2008
i'm absolutely addicted.

lol i'd say that from the outset of you poasting this stiry until you posted this chapter, you fell to the power of reviews. hahaah lol no FANTASTIC STORY. its late and i can't stop reading

oh and btw can you tell me an approximation of how large a novel this would be? thanks
CT1994 chapter 15 . 12/22/2008
oh wow. lol i hope i don't bother you with reviews. lol but i must say I JUST love your take on Cedric and Hermione lol they are PERFECT for each other. oh no.. you mightve defected me from Dramione. NO haha nah i love them too. lol Soo yess i reiterate GREAT story!

lol p.s i liek it when authors reply to reviews. hahaha
759 | « Prev Page 1 .. 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 .. Last Next »