Reviews for Flowers or Strawberries
Ochoika chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
hooo ! it's really cute !

i love the sam who is hiden behind the trees and when Arwen says something like" and where are the flowers ? " :)))

no it's realy good ! and Aragorn is a really good adviser !
lotus325 chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
Aww, this fic is so very sweet! I enjoyed reading it so much. Especially the humourous parts!

Silivren Tinu chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
I'm so glad I finally remembered to put you on author alert! At the moment, I frankly keep forgetting to review anything that doesn't end up in my inbox. ;-)

This was one of the stories I really loved in this contest (and it was also one of my votes). Considering that the story is hobbit-centered and has no Legolas in it, this is saying a lot. *g*

Sam's thoughts about Rosie and his love for her were so sweet, and I loved how you described the tender scene between Estel and Arwen and Sam's reactions to it (especially the part about 'Strider' being suddenly clean and handsome and the fact that he seems to be planning to become the King of Gondor and Arnor :D). Sam trying to apply all that he saw and learned to how to approach Rosie was both amusing and endearing, and so was his mortal embarrassment when Aragorn discovered their uninvited audience. *bg*

“But I cannot compare her to a roasted pig, or to Mr. Bilbo’s pipe, can I?” LOL! It indeed seems to be very difficult for a hobbit to compare the woman he loves to something that is meaningful, beautiful, and not insulting at the same time!

The conversation between Sam and Rosie was heartwarming - I think the 'tater' and the 'strawberry' really make for a tasty couple. ;-) The ending was perfect. What a difference there is between Aragorn's 'star' and Sam's 'strawberry' and yet, both of them have found love and happiness in their very own way. :)

*hugs*

Tinu
Charli800 chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Aww, that was great. You didn't stretch the bounds of credibility too far, but you've made the story unique. I enjoyed this - it was romantic without being complete squish (all gooey).

Happy Writing,

charli
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
This is a lovely story and got one of my votes. I especially loved the way Aragorn advised Sam.
Apsenniel chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Very sweet story...well done!
estelcontar chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
This was a most sweet and lovely story Starlight. It got my vote for second place, and for long I didn't know which I prefered yours or Marchwriter's they were both so good. I wish I could have voted for two first places because yours most definitely deserved to win as it did. Congratulations.
Sarah26 chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Really cute story! *squirm* *aw!*

You've got the characters down and you're a great writer! Love it and please keep writing! :D
paperfirefly chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
I loved this story it's such a great idea i prefer strawberries too! :)
Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Such an endearing and lovely tale. Sam is very believable-I can't imagine writing him, not the moment, anyway.

so...Congrats for winning, Star! :)

~Cal
Kalisona chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
Yay! New story from Star! *yawns* Oh, dear. I should be in bed. No...I should be studying spanish...Then bed, if I finish sometime tonight. So...A) If I lapse into Spanish, that's why and B) ...This review probably won't be coherant. Sorry, mellon nin. :P

/Maybe not always, but for a few years at least, and he had grown used to seeing her every day /

*giggles* You've got Sam's voice down really well, mellon nin!

/Gandalf? Umm… no./

*sniggers* No explanation needed.

/Was he the only one in Rivendell who was in love? /

Of course not! Silly Sam. xD

/Every fool could think of that./

Sam, Sam, Sam...You underestimate yourself. Silly hobbit.

/An Elf!/

Ooh...Hm...Love story, love story, love story. Why, in my mind, is love story synonymous with Arwen? Or Luthien, I guess...But...

/Lord Elrond’s daughter./

Ah. That must be why. *yawns* _

/What was the scruffy, filthy, and unkempt ranger, about whom Frodo had said that the servants of the enemy would look fairer, doing with this ethereal creature? /

*hysterical giggling* That's so great and perfect and oh, I love it.

/This sounded exactly like the way he felt about Rosie!/

Uh...Yeah.

/Was love the same for Men, Elves, and Hobbits?/

Uh...Yeah.

/He was clearly missing something!/

Yes. Like el libereto. Uhm...*scratches head* English word...Why does my brain do this to me? I'll forget some English words sometimes and only be able to remember them in spanish...Gah...

/Sam scratched his head and made a mental note to himself to talk to Rosie before he had talked to Farmer Cotton./

Ah hah! Script! That's the word I was looking for. :)

And this image is too rich: Sam, sitting in the bushes with a pen and notebook, scribbling notes on Arwen and Aragorn's love. xD

/‘Not that he tried that hard,’ Sam thought with a grin./

Sam is a hysterical little commentator.

/“There are no dungeons in Rivendell, Sam,” Arwen said gently./

Aw, Sam dear. Relax! :P

/“Man sa, Estel?” She whispered and searched his eyes. /

?Que es?

There! Now we've got a trilingual thing going! _ How would you say "What is it?" in German, mellon nin?

/When I think about it, I eat even when I am not troubled, but this is beyond the point. /

Sam's hobbit sense! :D

/They are nothing more than pretty, twinkling dots/

A good point, Sam. _

...Compare her to food.

*coughcough* I said nothing. *grins*

/“Food,” the Hobbit said. “And pipe-weed. But I cannot compare her to a roasted pig, or to Mr. Bilbo’s pipe, can I?”/

xD

/ I would scream and run away!/

Perfect. Wonderful and perfect. xD And I see where Strider is going with this. Brilliant.

/ If she does not like me, it is because I do not deserve her! /

_ Aw, Sam. You are so adorably clueless.

/He had fought Orcs, faced Nazgûl, and recently battled against Saruman himself, and now he was afraid./

_ Poor Sam. Aw, que triste. He's so lost, isn't he? It's a good thing we all know how this story ends! ;)

/She looked up and her eyes were smiling. “Well, you’ve wasted a year, so why wait longer?”/

I love your Rosie. Lots and lots. _

So cute! Aw...What an adorable story! I loved it!

...pero me duele las cabeza...

But that is unimportant. Great story, mellon nin. You deserved the first place! :D

I'll be expecting that new chapter, then. ;)

~Kali