Reviews for Correcting Colours
Marie King chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
A fascinating take on how River views the world. The color explanation was confusing yet intriuging at the same time, well done! I especially like these lines: He wanted her to be clear that hurting people was a bad thing. Even Jayne didn't deserve to be sliced in ~ Super funny and subtle at the same time! I really describes Simon's view of Jayne.

I also love this line: Simon abandoned the bed to sit down on the floor next to her and wrapped both arms around her shoulders, holding her as if holding her could hold her together.~ This speaks volumes of Simon's utter dedication to River. Again very subtle and amazingly written!

I really hope you think about adding more chapters to this or doing more Simon/River fan fics you are a really talented writer!
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Wow.

This was very, very well done. I loved the emotion and the story behind this little scene. You captured both of their personalities and dialogue perfectly. Good job!

KrisEleven~
a firebug chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
Oh, this is very good. River's portrayal in particular is excellent, as are the Harry Potter references - subtle enough to avoid intruding on the story, but still asserting themselves (even if I don't agree with some of the Houses you've put characters in... P)

I also very much like your balance between dialogue and description - the part where Simon hugs her created a very strong image in my mind.

Awesome job!
RionaEire chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Really good, I really approve of the way you portray River. I like stories that take place durintg the series because people know what they're supposed to do, you know? They don't get distracted by pettiness. River made an interesting point about Jayne, how he spills the blood of others so she feels that it should suit him because he likes it on other people. I don't know Harry Potter so I don't know the color references, what they mean in conjunction with houses of that story, but it is a clever idea since River says Jayne looks better in red, very unique and interesting to draw comparisons.

Riona