Reviews for Blaze of Glory
Guest chapter 1 . 6/3/2014
but Ronon can't die... yeah I can see Momoa saying that would be a great finale! You did a wonderful episode.
RavenWeavesTales chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
What an intense,heartbreaking tale! Very well written and well thought out. I don't usually read death fics but I'm glad I read yours. Your scenario is how I'd imagine Ronon and/or John dying. Gritty and edge of your seat action with their battle recounted by Teyla. Really liked the line about how their story would be headed for the stories of legends. Great stuff. Good on ya. Well done. Cheers! }:O

Raven
Goomba chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
Wow... wow, that was soo amazingly powerful and emotional and incredibly well written. That was marvelous and I thank you for sharing and being inspired. Very strong character relationships displayed and very well characterized.

Cheers and keep on writing, Jen
Jessica chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
Nice story!
XX-Samantha-XX chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
oh wow just how i pictured it hehe still though :( it made me cry the way you described it. it was wonderful :) well done so sad though.
Fan chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
This was brilliant! Full of tension and great whump and all things nice! And John/Ronon friendship, beautifully portrayed. I love reading about the friendship and understanding between those two :)
kittytrypsin chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
I held off reading this for a few days because I HATE death fics! (I read the reviews first to see who got killed)

That said, this was very good. I especially liked the narrative jumping from Teyla and the searchers back to the action. Well done, even if you did kill one of the good guys, and I'm very relieved it wasn't John.

Kitty
Asugar chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Incredible job; the fight to the death was very them and exactly how Ronon would want to go. I love Teyla tracking them with Lorne and the others as silent witnesses and then comforting John at the end.

One thing though, while the Marines do officially use 9mms, Sheppard swapped his personal sidearm in season two to a 1911, which is a .45. Specifically he uses a Paraordnance PX14-45 special edition 1911. A lot of Marines who are deployed have switched back to the traditional 1911 as the Beretta sucks, doesn't do well in sandy environs and a 9mm has very little stopping power. One shot from a .45 is putting down your opponent for good. It's a very big hole. I assume Sheppard bought his own gun since he needed more stopping power to put down the Wraith and because the quite expensive Paraordnance (about $900) is one of the few 1911s with an extended capacity (its magazine is illegal in many states and the gun hold 141 to the Beretta's 101) and because it can take the more powerful P .45 ammo, which would destroy a normal 1911 because they are designed only to use standard .45 shells, which presumeably is also helpful in taking out Wraith.
Stargate Groupie chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
This was a great read even though not everyone made it. I can totally picture Ronon going out that way, protecting his friend and kicking some Wraith butt. Awesome!
new creation chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
That was truly amazing! I loved it! It was the perfect length...although I wouldn't have minded it going on forever. Thank you for it so much. God bless you.
sakurablue13 chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
yep, you succesfully turned me into a puddle of tears. again

beautiful...
AmILeo chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
This was powerful, I loved it. Yay Shep. Poor Ronon. That's how he would want to die. And I have read that article or whatever too, and I think that Jason Momoa would want Ronon to die that way too.
Titan5 chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Wow! For a while I thought they both were going to die and then I figured it would be John (tricky, tricky). It makes me sad that Ronon died and yet I love them fighting to their last breath and going out in a "blaze of glory". I think that's exactly what they would do - NEVER GIVE UP! Not a bad motto!
Baileysmom chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Very, very good ! I liked moving back and forth from past to present tense and wondering which was going to die. Just a great job. Thanks.
faldo chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Very enjoyable. A great blaze of glory - but I know what you mean about killing Sheppard - I'm glad you didn't. Thanks.