Reviews for Thats Just Wrong
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Wow, what a lovely and well-written conclusion to 'Metamorphosis'. I really liked your characterizations, how Dean finally found common ground with his brother again when his protective big brother instinct kicked in with a vengeance upon realizing Sam was hurt.

In this episode they were so driven apart by the lies and secrets they's kept from each other, momentarily forgetting that all that counted, or should count, was how much they cared for each other.

You are absolutely right to state that no one could ever hurt them as deeply as they can hurt each other, especially with words stinging more viciously than any inflicted physical wound. I totally got what drove Dean to say all those horrible things to his little brother, who he believed had strayed far from the path of virtue, but Sammy's watering eyes reflected just how deeply those very words cut into his soul. The kid must surely think that no matter what he does, everything is going down the drain in his life; and with Jack's death Sammy's hopes for himself shattered on the floor.

I very much appreciated the kid at the motel reception. His smarta$$ attitude made me laugh, especially when his suspicions were supposedly verified. The fact that your description right from the beginning gave the impression of having a certain resemblance with Sam at a younger age, beautifully led to Dean remembering with fondness what his brother was like as a teenager, which then brought him back to the essence of his feelings for his baby brother.

Thanks again for writing this gem. Hugs
Twinchy chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Aw, that was a heart-warming ending to a heart-breaking tag. The boys are just gorgeous when they take care of each other.

Besides, I agree with your theory about Sammy suffering a concussion after THAT blow from Jack. Too bad, we didn't get an aftermath/licking their wounds scene at the end of the episode; it would have been fitting.

Plus, the viewers would have felt better for the brothers' (more or less mended) relation towards each other. *hugs both boys*

I loved your characterizations and Dean's calling the kid behind the counter a freak, much to Sam's delight.
babyreaper chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Great story, how could Sam think that Dean hated him? silly boy. After everything that Dean has done and been through. I loved reading this. thanks for posting
Dimminished chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
aw, that was perfect.

I felt bad for both Sam and Dean during that episode. It had to be hard for Sam hearing those words coming from his brother and at the same time the fear in Dean's voice as he was saying those words made clear just how much he really cares about Sam.

You did a terrific job portraying what both are going through and it was just what was needed after seeing the show. Thanks.
elfmage chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Yay! You wrote EXACTLY the Metamorphosis tag I wanted to read - and kudos to you for giving Sam a voice in all this mess. And it was so beautifully written (though that was to be expected, all of your work is a delight to read). You're one of the few authors out there who really captures the depth of the brothers' relationship, and without making them OOC. Thank you for writing this!
spnMom chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Aw Thanks, I need a little healing myself after that episode... it basically ripped my heart out. However, it was good to have some brotherly issues to deal with instead of just survival and the apocalypse. It was nice to just deal with lies and relationships... besides that is my favorite part :-)

Thanks for adding to my favorite part!
Neusha chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Oh, yay. I'm so glad you wrote this. This would've been awesome if they had it in the episode. Loved it. Thank you.
KatieLB chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
yeah did you go ahead and send this into kripke and co? cuz i really think this is a very do'able situation and much better ending then we got this week LOL

great job thank you very very much
shelby02 chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
I am a bit behind in my reviews but I wanted to make sure and let you know how much I enjoyed this tag. It was great to read some hurt Sammy and comforting Dean as the show has been lacking in that department lately. I look forward to your next story.
criminally charmed chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Oh, nice missing scene. Dean really does need to show his faith in Sam or his brother will lose faith in himself.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
OMG HUN! this was awesome hun!

OOHH omg i just loved it

such an awesome much needed angst trip on Sam's part for the eppy

inm so glad you did it

yyayy

x

loved this bit hun

“St…stop it,” Sam’s hand moved immediately to cover his eyes as he flinched sluggishly away from the brightness.

aw bless xx
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
I liked that one a lot. Awesome job with Sam's emotions and how Dean came to term with his own feelings and realized that Sam is his baby brother and could never turn evil. Loved the limpness and the kid indicating clearly he though they were gay. Hope you have more up your sleeve. I just love to read your stories. Hugs Vonnie
sylia91 chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Perfect tag to that episode. The way it was left between the boys at the end was all kinds of wrong. Thanks for the closure!
Colby's girl chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
That was beautiful. Thanks.
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Awesome oneshot Denise. I wondered what all would have run through Sammy' head as they continued their drive down the road after the episode went off-and I can so piture it being everything you just wrote. Sammy doubting himself after Dean said the words that basically tore his heart out. And then Dean finally realizing that Sammy could never turn-he riased the kid to do right. And I am so glad you hit on the head injury because the show basically ignored that for both Dean and Sammy.

YAY, you till gave us our protective Dean as he realized that Sam had been hurt wore than he thought and was actually unconscious in the car intead of being lazy. Could have used just one more chapter to see Dean dealing with the after effects of Sammy's concussion-you know me...always wanting more!
32 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »