Reviews for Fear
weezer42 chapter 5 . 3/18
**much wailing and sniffling ensues**

nicely done, and beautifully observed. Thank you for sharing.
fanka77 chapter 5 . 7/10/2014
Beautiful
mara lena chapter 5 . 8/11/2012
love this. i think you captured sam's feelings pretty well. would like to read more of this kind of stories. i have read so many s/j established stories that i definitely need a change for a couple of stories :)

oh, i was missing a chapter of THE scene. in his garden.
BrenRenQoI chapter 5 . 1/10/2010
Very well done.

I think maybe, just maybe, I get it now. As much as I ever will, anyway. I still don't like it, but I get it. Self-doubting fear happens to be something I am painfully familiar with, to tell the truth. In that light, the overall story makes sense.

But I still wish they'd done it differently. Without :eek:. I will *always* hate *Other* storylines, and this one is at the top of the most-loathed 'triangle' stories I've ever suffered through, and may well never be trumped.

Yeah right... I should be so lucky...

Thanks for the enlightenment!
BrenRenQoI chapter 2 . 1/10/2010
Guess I can't wait till the end to review after all...

This particular chapter absolutely nailed the crux of the matter. I've always thought, from the moment Grace first aired, that if Jack had answered, "Hey, Sam!" instead of that almost harsh "Excuse me?", there never would have been a need for that whole disastrous :eek:-arc.

If only...
IggyMing chapter 5 . 12/1/2009
I really liked this. This is one of those rare stories that provides insight into Sam's feelings and motivations, and does not lay blame for the lack of S/J relationship solely at Sam's feet. Jack's negative reactions to Sam's overtures had a lot to do with it, and you've so nicely explained that Sam's relationship with Pete came about by her lack of awareness of Jack's true feelings for her. It's refreshing to see a story where Sam hasn't coldly spurned Jack and pursued a relationship with Pete with full awareness that Jack loved her... because, as you've pointed out, Sam simply *did't* know. Great job!
Lutherian chapter 5 . 12/16/2008
Aww. I'm in tears that was beautiful.
LadyMo chapter 5 . 10/23/2008
Great, great heartwarming story. I like reading about Jack and Sam and I love to see what others think about what happened to them, if Pete had something to do with or what. Personally what happened to them was the regulations. Deep down they knew how they felt for each other and knew that regs will not let it be. They way they were towards each other had to do with that. Even if there are times you think you do not see their love for each other you are reminded when they are faced with an emotional situation. I like to think that Jack's wonderful hugs are not only for her but for him too. He needs to be there for her and much as she needs it.

Any how a wonderful story.

:-)
Natters chapter 5 . 10/21/2008
heart wrenching fic
Oraine chapter 5 . 10/21/2008
Beautiful story, achingly beautiful. I loved the portrayal of Sam's feelings, and how she saw Jack's reactions. It's ok for us to sit on the outside, knowing that he loves her and understand his distancing, but it must trully have been heartbreaking for Sam. And you showed that off perfectly. Good Job.
PodBayDoors chapter 5 . 10/20/2008
Okay, you chickened out by omitting the whole scene at his house, but I'm glad you did!

VSS
Josephine Martin chapter 5 . 10/19/2008
That was lovely. I especially like the way you showed how Jack pushed Sam away. Too often, a lot is made of the Sam/Pete thing, without showing how Jack had a hand in making it happen. Thanks for sharing it.
timepresent chapter 5 . 10/18/2008
Oh Jenn, that was just perfect! Nothing more to say - perfect in structure, perfect in tone, perfect in every way. Fabulous!

Hugs, Josi
Moosepath01 chapter 5 . 10/18/2008
Well done! I eargerly awaited each chapter, and was not disappointed with this last one. Nicely portrayed.
Nynaeve506 chapter 5 . 10/18/2008