Reviews for The Goblin Market
It's a wonder how many people like to read about charismatic abusers. This is not okay. I remember stumbling upon this a long time ago. I dropped it almost immediately after the ritual scene and tried to forget this awful plot. Recently I've accidentally read another fanfiction by the same author. And it was awesome. I went to check other stories... Oh, right. This again. I admit, I got interested if there were more people this time around who dislike it... Nope. Just be a magical fae king and you can do whatever, they'll love you anyway. As a therapist to an abused and gaslighted by her husband girl in a culture where bride stealing could still happen if one really wants to, I do hope all those swooning over this fiction's Jareth people in comments never encounter someone like him in real life. It's not a happy ending when you “get used to liking it in the process”.
Angervo chapter 38 . 12/28/2021
I know that this story was finished years ago but I still felt that I needed to leave a comment because this story was so incredibly well written and just so … perfect. I only found the world of Labyrinth recently, despite being a kid of the 80s and a fan of all the works of Jim Henson. For some reason, I never came across this particular movie and even when I learned of its existence I could not find it anywhere. This Christmas I finally found it, watched it two and a half times in a row - and was left feeling desperate for some kind of closure for the story. And thanks for the fantastic world of fanfiction (which I was familiar with already, being a long-term fan on Inuyasha fanfics) I found this story. Took me two days to read through but hey, it’s Christmas holidays. And your Jareth was spot on, every line, every move. The whole idea of him running the Labyrinth and encountering all the familiar characters - and some new ones, all perfectly in line with the original plot and atmosphere. And interwoven with Celtic mythology - something I also love and have an interest in (despite being Finnish, with no Irish roots whatsoever, but Ireland and its culture have always held a special place in my heart). It is simply awesome, I cannot think of any other word. Thank you so much!
fujoshiforever27 chapter 27 . 11/17/2021
What with that cliff fucking hanger omggggggggg
fujoshiforever27 chapter 25 . 11/17/2021
I felt like reading Alice in Wonderland cuz I didn't get the dream. I was so confused
fujoshiforever27 chapter 17 . 11/14/2021
Oh so who's habing the powers now? Muajajajaja!
fujoshiforever27 chapter 16 . 11/14/2021
Mami go a fuck him... He deserves it... You'll see Jareth... YOU'LL SEE MY RECKONING
fujoshiforever27 chapter 15 . 11/14/2021
I hate this bastard and I love him at the same thing. Isn't it odd?
fujoshiforever27 chapter 14 . 11/14/2021
Fuck... Me.. In... The.. Eye
fujoshiforever27 chapter 13 . 11/14/2021
Fuck 8 Kew it... Damn the changeling theory was right
fujoshiforever27 chapter 11 . 11/14/2021
I kenw the fuck I knew it. This mutherfucker were part of this with the constant use of "we"... I thought they were changeling children or something... Maybe goblins idk of they are or they are mere humans but idc... I thought she'll be the bride. He deceived me... Damn... Then why do you want her there you sicker Bitch?!
fujoshiforever27 chapter 10 . 11/13/2021
Oh my God oh my fuck... I definitely got the chills... Oh God. OK this was awesome. It is misterious and also scares me the way I knew those kids were goblin idk why but I suspect that Mrs Farren is a changeling children the same of the landlady but this are only theories... Fuck the way the last sentence hit me... That was some cliffhanger there. I would have pissed my pants cuz it's scary been left out in the dark and facing goblin in a town you don't know anyone and then randomly someone goes behind your back and whisper in your ear in the middle of the dark where you alone. Shit.. Peaches r coming!
fujoshiforever27 chapter 9 . 11/13/2021
Idk why I just been given the feeling of a horror movie where everyone knows something while the MC remains oblivious of being the key of the story and they're trying to push her into the right direction so the prophecy or whatever is supposed to happen happens. Cuz I've been reading... The use of we in every chance they speak to her... And I'm like who is "we" or why they always grinning at her... It feels like a horror movie.. Gives that vibe to me... Thrilling actually. I like it. Let's see what unfolds.
Guest chapter 38 . 11/2/2021
I know you finished this many years ago, but in the off chance you are still around on this site please know that this story continues to enthrall readers after all this time and this truly is one of the most wonderful things I have ever read. Your gift for world building and storytelling is truly unparalleled and it has been a true privilege reading this, thank you so much.
MissusGages chapter 38 . 9/24/2021
Very sweet, surprising, and engaging story! Thank you for a good read!
Helix28 chapter 38 . 7/22/2021
Just another review to add to chorus of appreciation of your work! I love your work, and I am always excited when I receive a notification that another chapter (or a new story!) is up for reading. It has been a great world to escape into during this strange time in the world. Your scene setting and descriptions enable such a quick hook as a reader into your stories.
2,138 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »