Reviews for The Goblin Market
AntiHero-of-the-Multiverse chapter 29 . 8/25
o
dd
One of the best fanfictions I've ever read. Thank you.
Charismatic Mouse chapter 38 . 8/11
Well worth the read! Thank you!
This is my second time reading this story and I just love it! It is even better the 2nd time around and I always refer it to my fellow Labyrinth fan fiction fanatics!

Well done! Love it!
The Jashinist and Peeves chapter 38 . 7/25
This story...where has this story been all my life...? Well, my friend, you just took my childhood, corrupted it, improved it, crushed it (along with my heart several times over), rebuilt it, and then finally made me fall in love with this. It is possibly the only sequel, canon or otherwise, that I will ever love this passionately.

I especially enjoy the amount of actual real culture and mythology present in your work. The amount of carefully crafted and researched Fae laws made the read all the more delightful, albeit occasionally making for some moments when I'd wished for some better communication between Jareth and Sarah. Nonetheless, the presence of a distinct culture and tradition in this work is, from what I can tell, quite unique.

While I am sad that I've reached the last chapter (three years after its posting, shame on me), I will definitely be revisiting this, rereading this, and appreciating this in both the near and distant future. Happy writing, my fellow fanfiction author. I look forward to reading more of your work.

-Peeves
IAmJustAFicReader chapter 16 . 6/30
FUCK YES

GO SARAH

Jareth, you gonna get ur ass SLAMED
IAmJustAFicReader chapter 14 . 6/30

JARETH

STOP

OHMYGOSH
IAmJustAFicReader chapter 6 . 6/30
SHE NEVER TOLD HIM HER NAME AND OH MY GOD I CAN'T. I CANNOT. THIS FIC GIVES ME LIFE.
Eggynn chapter 38 . 6/27
I spent about a week reading this fanfiction while I had time, and every time I started it was so, SO hard to close out of the app again - even while I was at work, I nearly went over on my lunch break because I was so enamored with it. You have just an amazing way with words! You write my two favorite characters with such confidence and originality that it's hard to really call it fanfiction at all - you made it yours, in your own way. Initially, I had avoided this fanfiction because of the somewhat vague summary. I came across it once or twice a year and just said, "no, not this. Not yet."

Good god, I was a fool.

However, at the same time I'm glad I waited - I'm far more able to appreciate such a nicely wound story now than I was before, and this one definitely warrants appreciation. Your Sarah was wonderful - absolutely empowered AND empowering. She fell into the cycle in a sense, becoming another stolen bride - but then turned it around by being so powerful, and so unpredictable (and so fertile! Haha) You really did mature her well, with a good dose of realism in her growth. I'm definitely going to start Tanglewood now, but I wanted to show my love for The Goblin Market first.

And now on to love for you:

Well, as loving as a complete stranger can get. You have such an intense knowledge of literature - so much so that I found myself (a bit of an aspiring author) taking notes on how things progressed and how words and phrases melded in harmony from one chapter to the next. Seeing snippets of poems I'd long forgotten was a joy as well. I'm really not articulate enough to express how... impressed I am at your skill in storytelling. You've honed it to such a sharp edge. I would love to see you with a published original work someday!

I didn't follow this story while it was updating, but reading the Author's Notes and seeing how you not only progressed as a writer but as a person from 2008 until the end of Goblin Market was so lovely to read. I hope beyond hope that life is treating you well. And if it isn't, I hope you're kicking life's ass.
Firefly Alchemist chapter 38 . 6/22
such a well done story. One of my favorite fanfics ever.
KookieDoll chapter 37 . 6/12
Love this chapter, love it, love it! For its sheer magical sexiness (the peach juice is a masterstroke) as well as its deeper significance - Sarah basically becomes a fertility goddess here, which ties neatly to the Queen Maeve figure, Sheela-na-gig and a nod to the legend of Fisher King with his barren wasteland. The epilogue confirms it even further. Brilliant.
KookieDoll chapter 35 . 6/11
I love your use of songs at the beginnings of chapters. 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' would be so perfect for Chapter 35!
KookieDoll chapter 12 . 6/9
Haha, these could be the voices of your confused readers at this point :D

Ah, Jareth, Jareth, you consummate mindfu**er!

I'm awed and mentally ravished
1,852 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »