Reviews for The Goblin Market
Rashelle chapter 38 . 4/16
I havn't read a Labyrinth fanfic in a few years, and last night I decided to dip my toes into those waters once more with this.I read it well into 3 am in one sitting. I loved it, could not put it down, and just wanted to thank you for deciding to finish it, no matter how long it took. It truly is a work of art, and I am fully recommending it!
shikalover3 chapter 38 . 4/15
Wow. I have no words but so many. Your story actually prompted me to log on on the first time in like two years in hopes I would get a reply form you. :) I am in absolute wonder from your amazing writing style. The whole story was just perfect. There were no plot holes by the end of the story and it was just wonderful. There was so much going on and yet not enough. There was action and romance and fated love. It was like a modern Shakespeare honestly. Your style is descriptive and vivid and it was like watching a movie in my mind. It also helped that you have song/ poem lyrics to direct the theme of the chapter. I am currently addicted to Rise by The Frames. All of your author notes were adorable and insightful and it sounds like you have a wonderful, loving, if not hectic family. This is one of the best stories I have read. Published or not. (Some books really shouldn't be published...this should). You created your own characters and reinvented the ones I knew. It was an amazing story all around. I look forward to reading other works by you.
Your humble amazed reader Neko-chan
Namei chapter 38 . 4/7
I love you
Marianne chapter 38 . 4/2
Dear Viciously Witty,
I... forgot. Damnit. I had it all the words in line in my mind and now they're all jumbled up. I wanted to thank you. For many things. Firstly, for writing this incredible story; for being able to communicate such an awesome adventure. Secondly, for sharing. For believing in the magic that this story entails, and for making us participants of its power. I feel very grateful. I also cannot deny the fact that I've loved every AN you wrote as much as every chapter posted. In a - very strange but nice - way I was able to get to know you. You shared your life with your readers; and I can't help but feel very happy for you, your husband and your two (is it still two?) children. Hope you are having a great time together.
Finally, among many "thank yous", I wanted to share a thought I had after reading your story: Words are magic. Magical. Magic is embedded in many things. And words, either written or oral, have the power to change the world, or just a person (which amounts to the same thing, if you really think about it). So, Thank you, for sharing your magic with me/us. I have loved reading each sentence. And your love for Irish land has tempted me to try and visit the place some day (Argentina is a long way from it, but magic dwells upon distance as well, so nothing's impossible). Thank you again, and may all the goblins be with you (not always, mind you. It can be a bit messy).
Love. :D Marianne
Cat chapter 38 . 3/31
Although it's been long since you've finished this story I would still like to give a review. I love the twists and turns you have put so it's not so entirely predictable. I think it's great how you incorporated Celtic legends and stuff. You're writing is great with very few mistakes. I feel like I'm going to remember this story as I read more on this site.
Brelys chapter 38 . 3/23
Dear Vic Wit, I am reading this many years after you started it... now we are in March, 2014. So I hope you and your kids are well, and that your life is good. I just want to say THANK YOU for having written this, by the way I am happy i founded it COMPLETE. I would not be enough patient to read the story as "work in progress". 4 years is a big amount of time! Anyway, let's just say that I have been lucky to read it all in one week ( waking up really early in the morning to read before going to work!). SO THANK YOU AGAIN, may the Feys, and Goblins and all the people we love guard you and your family. Elisa
bassoongirl14 chapter 38 . 3/22
Absolutely loved this story! I couldn't put it down once I started reading it!
BurningThoughts chapter 38 . 3/18
Loved reading this fanfic! I love the way you portrayed the characters, thanks for the read x
Jamelia098 chapter 38 . 3/11
cute story :)
Marina chapter 38 . 3/9
This was so wonderful, and possibly one of the best things I have ever read.
reneeok chapter 38 . 3/8
I can't begin to tell you how awesome your story was. I was compelled to ward off sleep just to finish it.
Velv3tteV3nom chapter 9 . 3/3
So far I absolutely love your story! Makes me want to visit Ireland even more!
sneakyslytherin.severus chapter 38 . 3/1
I realize that I came to this story very late, long after it began its journey of creation in 2008, but I just wanted to leave my opinion anyways. :)
This is brilliant writing, and a gorgeous depiction of Ireland - I've been once, when I was very young, and hope to return one day. Over the past few days, as I've read your story, I've been able to return from the comfort of my couch. Your characterization of Jareth was wonderful, since he was still every inch the tempestuous Goblin King, but with a carefully-concealed vulnerability. Sarah, too, was very true to her spirit and fire in the film, and while sometimes I wanted to hit her across the face or accidentally trip her so that she'd just accidentally fall onto Jareth's face, I suppose even the best characters have rough days.
All in all, thank you so much for writing, and I'm glad that I got to enjoy your work despite my late arrival to the Underground. :)
Ellen Weaver chapter 38 . 3/1
Well now, here I am at the end of the story.

When are you writing another one?

All demands aside, I enjoyed this immensely. I like the way you incorporate mythology, pop-culture, and sci-fi and fantasy references into this tale, while also adding your own creative elements. It's a standout among Labyrinth stories, but it has everything it needs to have-excitement, adventure, smexytimes, prophecy, destiny, and sparkly glitterbabies. I loved it. Thank you so much for writing this!
Ellen Weaver chapter 24 . 3/1
I feel very simpatico with you, good author. I swear I've never read this story until TheRealEatsShootsAndLeaves recommended it to me last week, and now I feel like I ought to apologize for plagiarizing it, although I totally haven't. Mostly it's all very good, and I am looking forward to Jareth's fantasy sequence very much. What will it be like? Mundane domestic bliss? Picnics with the family? Or something dark and frightening? I can't wait.
1,617 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »