Reviews for Static
reve2weaver chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
This was really excellent characterization, which carried the angsty storyline with aplomb. I particularly liked that you showed Edward's foible as part of his fall, which makes him a 'realistic' character, rather than spin it into his being some misunderstood and noble anti-hero, which is too often the case. I like it when characters mess up, and they have to struggle with themselves and the painful reactions of others, rather than read a bunch of apologetics for things like adultery, addiction, and the like, to which Bella fixes him after a dubious confession. It doesn't work in real life, and it reads even more appalling on paper.
I lovd the pacing, and in particular how 'time' felt almost like a character in the story, always pressing down on the harried students, or leaving them bereft in their sleepless solitude.
Overall the characterization was complex and strong, the chemistry between all characters palpable, I love that Bella had more to her than men: ie she was a real friend, and that made the tiered the plot-line both surprising and compelling. A real pleasure to find, and a page-turning read.
EdwardsFirstKiss chapter 41 . 4/16/2014
I really enjoyed this story. I was getting doubtful of an BxE HEA. Bella should have let edward explain when she first found out about the flyer. Edward should have come clean a long time ago and told Bella the truth.

So glad that Edward became a musician and followed his calling and that these two ended up together.
Tashakcooks chapter 41 . 4/8/2014
Very nice story!
Guest chapter 41 . 4/4/2014
Lovely, thank you!
perpetually chapter 8 . 4/2/2014
Great story, lovely writing.
Thea-sofie-95 chapter 41 . 3/3/2014
Good story! :)
Guest chapter 41 . 1/5/2014
This is a beautiful story and very well written! Im glad I found it :-)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
Med students are not freshman. If Bella has been accepted into Dartmouth's Med School she had already completed an undergraduate degree, and thus way beyond freshman status. She'd be a first year Med student.
MatingInspires chapter 41 . 6/11/2013
Thanks for sharing
REgrrl chapter 41 . 6/10/2013
Fabulous. Thanks for sharing.
LauraKateLouise chapter 41 . 6/5/2013
I'm so glad I stumbled upon this story! It was a wonderful read (:
lollapalooza-18 chapter 41 . 3/16/2013
I liked the touch of reality this story had.
So many people are afraid to get involved in romantic relationships, and it's definitely not a walk in the park to make it succeed.
And I loved the fact that in the end she got both personal and professional satisfaction.

Good job! :))
TexasTwilight77 chapter 41 . 3/1/2013
Fell in love with this fic, you did an amazing job with it. ;)
Guest chapter 40 . 2/23/2013
His reasoning is incredibly stupid, so he just handed a folder to Gaspard (from the way it's worded,i'm

assuming he did it in person) without any explanation? And I was so disappointed that she chose to

stay after he asked her to and then decided to go when he told her to. And for him to be so selfish to

even ask in the first place shows that he only thinks about himself. I also have issue with you introducing

Renee's health issues and have it be heart related. Of course she'll feel grateful to Edward and ease her

into forgiving him. This is one HEA I won't enjoy.
Guest chapter 34 . 2/23/2013
So now she's supposed to feel guilty for a situation that he landed himself in to begin with? This is not some mistake made in the heat of the moment, he was continually lying to her and then asked her to trust him. I really hope they don't end up together.
1,657 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »