Reviews for A Sudden Understanding
EdeatheDemonFox chapter 1 . 3/23
You balanced the angst and tenderness in this beautifully! It's totally understandable how Sora feels...like no one understands him anymore. Except Riku. And then that ending...God, my heart!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
(**)

endless love for this fic.
Spirit of Roses chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
This story was so beautifully written. Absolutely loved it!
Lunchbox413 chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
This is such a great KH fic. I love hearing about the difficult adjustment that Sora has to go through after the two years of battle. A lot of people don't acknowledge that Sora would have just as much of a hard time with normal life as Riku would. Also, the characters were great. They sounded and acted just as they did in the game. Well done. :)
RadiatorfromSpace chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
This is very well done. You spend the time needed to convey the vulnerability Riku felt, the loss of personal purpose plaguing Sora, and you made their moments of 'understanding' feel meaningful. The effective build up framed the conclusion as the result of long, draining, personal struggle.

The emotional depth of this short fic was good. It didn't drag like a prose equivalent of a funeral dirge, and its tempo was short of a bolero, which would have short-changed the gravity of the event you were trying to convey.

Very nice.
14darkness chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
At last a story after KHII that doesn't involve another game that hasn't been made yet, has a Sora that's not a complete airhead, and a Riku that gets over his depression and darkness. Such a relief. Another story well-written and lovely to read. Can't wait to read the next one!
ArosAi chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
That was adorable! It made me smile, thank you!
moontide chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
That was wonderful! I love how you portrayed the maturity in Sora. This definitely made me think. :)
FNCtheThird chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
This is the sweetest, most well-written fanfiction that I have read in a long, long time.
The Laughing Fool chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
This was well done. You capture the mood perfectly- the figurative language played to the fullest offering a LOT of really awesome visual stimulation for the reader. -nice.

I love this approach to their relationship- I really do. You're good at that. You make two very separately cool characters that are rivals at some point in the source material come together as a pairing through understanding and aggression- you make the reason they are together not ~the power of l3ve!~, you pull soul mate shit. You take two fucked up individuals and explain why they are attracted to each other- not just looks, even though DAMN-right?- you give them a connection that others could fully understand.

I haven't really explored SoraRiku as much as I should...I smell a new vague obsession coming about.

I guess in short you just make them BADASS and I love that about your writing. It's just the type of relationship I like to read about and you are masterful at weaving the mood and the tale to go around it.

This is a very well-contained one shot. It's nice to the point- shit happens and it has a satisfying conclusion with illusions to brighter tomorrows. Sweet. I likes it.

Your writing styles really is the bees knees. I was prowling around fanfiction the other day looking for more stuff to read but I was a bit more pick than I usually am. I felt a little spoiled when I read your work and I'm looking for more of the same caliber. I mean, there are several fantastic writers on FF you just need to FIND them. Good god, what a battle that is.

Lovely work and a good read indeed.-if you didn't get that from the above. Your work is fascinating and I enjoy it greatly. I'm probably going to reread you FVII story sometime in the near future too. Awesome.

I hope to see more of you soon. Have a nice day-take it easy-

SHABAM!

SAM 30o0 BATH
HN chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
Holy shit awesome. Br. This was so exactly what I needed to read tonight and I don't know how to thank you.
May Eve chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
I can't even describe to you how much I love this and the pairing. You write /so well/ and it never ceases to amaze me. I actually came back to read this because I was listening to a song, "Mistakes We Knew We Were Making" by Straylight Run, that was part of a fanmix I love. And I'm very glad, because I realize I favorited this years ago, and never reviewed! But now, you know. I love this fic. Very well done.
SkyChasingDreamer chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Okay so basically you've been on my favorite authors list because of this story and I just now realised that I hadn't review this yet.

**slaps self on forehead**

I love this oneshot! I'm not really a oneshot kinda person but this one I just adore! Love much!
Rhiw chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
Huh, I just realized that I'd read this at some point in the past and not connected it with the Never A Memory. Can't believe I didn't review last time! I loved it. I'm such a sucker for these kinds of stories. If they were to get together (I'm such a yaoi fan, sigh) this is pretty much how I think it would happen.

Great one shot!

Rhiw
Lareina Regina chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
You should really write this from Riku's point of view. It would be a sweet thing to see Riku's perspective as he realizes that his best friend returns his feelings.

Lareina Regina