Reviews for The Body in the Library
hubris-dike88 chapter 4 . 5/12/2012
Thank you, this is really lovely story. And geeky Sam is very cute))
JenF chapter 4 . 3/22/2009
Just read this from start to finish. I really enjoyed it. It flowed nicely without rushing or poddling along. Great plot with some action, and a nice resolution.

Oh yes, and a definite 'squick' factor. I never knew that about book binding so I've learned something new today :)
amyblair chapter 4 . 1/13/2009
oh... I like how it's possibly a "part" of the ghost.

And that Dean hates it. Hee, hee.

I like the book and the words the dude/ghost would write to the Captain. Very, very nice. The words are so meaningful and yet spooky in a way.

Yeasted herb salt? WTF is that? Well, I liked guacamole...

The end is superb. Very fitting for the time the boys were in. Sharp was perfect for Dean to converse with. I like that Dean talked so casual with him, but kept his own eyes to the ground.

You did a lovely, lovely job.

Thanks for this.
amyblair chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
I love how you have Dean's perspective of himself and his family and how they're going over the Niagara. But, yeah, Dean can help. Love that.

Love your description of the Sharps.

Liked that Sam doesn't want Room #13

Nice first chapter.
Dianne chapter 4 . 10/22/2008
Very well written and enjoyable. The book was thoroughly creepy and the destruction of the cover of it was great. Thanks for a great read.
Linnie McCary chapter 4 . 10/21/2008
I enjoyed your fic very much-it was immensely readable, with an easy style and an interesting story to tell. I thought you did a nice job with the brothers, and both the Mr. and the Mrs. were "real." So often we forget the vics, and I'm glad you took a little bit of time with Sharp as he dealt with his father's death.

You shouldn't take it as a bad thing that I figured out what was "keeping" Willows as soon as the concept of the books was introduced. Nothing in the story gave it away (except perhaps your A/N clue about the gross-out factor)...I attribute my weird knowledge to whatever it is about us that makes us love the Winchesters so.

Good job!
Elesem chapter 4 . 10/21/2008
Very, very sweetly tied up. I loved Dean's book burning dilemma. I loved he and Mr. Sharp sharing a moment about thier fathers without Dean saying or thinking a word because you know that we know him so well. And that warm, fuzzy, and yet so Deanish ending. I'm pretty sure my screen was getting a crooked grin from me too. Really nice. :)
Dianne chapter 3 . 10/19/2008
This story is really good! It does not suck, you don't even have to ask. I totally wasn't expecting the book to be bound in human flesh, that was an effective, gross surprise which explains perfectly why the ghost is attracted to it. The way you've described the shop and its contents is wonderful and paints a picture the reader can see clearly. Your grammar is great so far and this fic is highly readable. I'd love a space in between paragraphs if it's at all possible, though, to be able to see it better. I think that's just me though, most readers would find the format fine. I hope you continue with this story and don't worry about reviews, they will come. Nicely done!
Elesem chapter 2 . 10/16/2008
What a great story! I really love the Sharps. They're showing some heart and playing against type. Very refreshing. I'm also enjoying Captain Willow's back story woven into the boys' research. Can't wait to find out what part he's missing. Great job as always. :D
Dianne chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
I'm really enjoying your story so far. Your character descriptions are vivid and thought provoking. I like the interaction between the brothers already. You're talented, so not using the f word is a good thing as it can detract from a good storyline and the characters don't say that in the show so it keeps it very canon-like to stick to the more traditional way they do things. Looking forward to more!