Reviews for TGIF
Ash8 chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
Wow. How do you do that? Combine hurt!Sam, bigbro!Dean, ep tag and bro!love into a wondferful story that, really is not just an tag for MS but also a tag for S4. Remarkable.

I love that you filled in the gaps here. It's such a shame we never did see the aftermath of Sam's time without Dean. I'm wondering if that was because of the strike - I'd like to think they'd planned an ep that showed more of that. But. All is not lost because you have given it to us here!

This even more powerful knowing that Sam has to go through this twice! Though I sometimes wonder if the fact that he went through it once has any ramifications on how he handled it the second time?

Anyway. Amazing story. Multi-layered and insightful. Thank you for writing it an sharing it. :D

L Quinn chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
Another great story - thanks
Tari Roo chapter 1 . 10/15/2008

That was just 'so' poignant and touching. You got me right here (indicates vaguely in general heart direction). Just... so good.

sylia91 chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
This is beautiful but chilling to imagine what Sam went through in the 4 months after Dean really died. Wonder if Kripke will let us really see that this season or Dean's time in hell even in flashback.
amyblair chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Great job, K -

Mystery Spot is my fave episode from Season 3. I thought this was an awesome tag. So enjoyed our journey we all took as Sam was trying to figure out who this guy was and then when he saw him - BAM! he knew.

What I really liked was the stitching up of the bullet wound. I thought you handled this so gently. Had Sam been sitting up, Dean across from him, giving him 20 questions, Sam may have clammed up. You used a hand, strong and firm, grounding the younger brother as the older brother relaxed him enough to elaborate about the happenings.

Lovely job.
DontKnowMyName chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Awe gosh that was amazing. I love the idea that Sam's life without Dean is actually occurring. I never really thought of that lol but I loved this story! You're awesome, as usual ). Thanks for posting.
Phx chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Okay, this is officially my all time favorite Mystery Spot tag, and not just because of a hurt Sammy :P I love how you don't dismiss how living for six months past Dean's death had to have changed Sam or how those changes wouldn't have just disappeared once things had changed. Whether what happened, happened or never did, Sam did still experience that and my heart broke for the poor kid and just how alone he truly was. I sniffled my way through the section where Sam was thinking that when Dean was dead, if Sam died no one would know or care. Wah! He really feels he only has Dean...

And the ending - perhaps because season four is past the deal, thank goodness, but it didn't depress. I still felt heartbreakingly sad for what was to come but I have faith that Dean, in the new season, will try to mend some of this hurt, if Kripke will allow him. If not, I can always turn to wonderful fan fiction :)

Yup, definitely my favorite.
Von chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Very nice. The series didn't do the best job of fleshing out the ideas they had, so thank goodness authors like you exist!

I thought it was particularily interesting that Sam *didn't* shoot to kill. Even knowing what had/would happen.. he didn't shoot to kill.
KatieLB chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
great job... i like the idea of exploring 'sam's hunts' from that time. great idea and good story
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
I think that there never was a more complicated yet simple relationship as the brothers Winchester. You write them very nicely, intertwining emotions and story in one. :)
FigureInTheAshtray chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Despite the fact the scenes in this were bloody and dark, this has cheered me up massively after a crappy day at work because it's Winchesters at their best. All brotherly and adorable. You do that so well when you write.

Great job! :)
bhoney chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Wow. SO happy to finally get a chance to read this story. I've been eyeing the title in your profile for a while, and wondering about it cuz I loved this ep so much.

You did a wonderful job of tying this in to the episode, with showing the hunt where Sam got hurt and had to stitch himself up. It was really bittersweet to see him comparing the two hunts in his head the whole time. The one that never happened, and the one now. And Ellen! You killed her! Maybe that's why she didn't give the guy Sam's number the last time.

LOVED the conversation at the end, about when it's okay for Winchesters to cry. This line cracked me up: “Or watching Old Yeller because, dude, it’s his dog." LOL And then that last line-wow, that was like a punch to the gut! Loved how it echoed the line just above, yet introduced a whole new emotion. Loved that this time Sam fell asleep in contentment and safety.

So now I've read three of the four MS tags you've done. I've gotta say-I think this one is my favorite!
spnMom chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Great story. I can never get enough Mystery Spot tags. Also, I just finished reading a 257 page Hunting on the Net (I am pretty sure that is what it is called) that was completely filled with your stories. I just couldn't stop reading it and I read it straight through the night... It was absolutely fabulous. Thanks for entertaining me more than any other fan fiction author. The only thing that would make me even happier is to find out that you wrote a Long story and have it stashed somewhere. I love reading stories over 100K words and if it was already written, then I wouldn't have to wait while you wrote it... I know... I am greedy :-) Thanks again for being so prolific and for writing Wichester gold.
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
What an excellent, cute story with tons of introspection on Sammy and his time during 'Mystery Spot'.

Wow, I'm an awe what a wonderful story you made out of the few bits that were actually revealed in the episode. Sam suffered so much without Dean around and it's a definite no-brainer to know that he was unused to his big brother when he finally got him back courtesy of the Trickster. The love and care Dean added to this version of the hunt was magnificent and underlined how much exactly Sammy had missed his brother and best friend during those six months alone.

Thank you so much for writing this gem! Each and every time I'm delighted to read what you can do with your fantastic writing style and understanding of the brothers' relationship. Hugs
Visionairy chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Wow, that was amazing! I always wanted to read a story that explained that scene. Nobody could have written that better! It's so good to see a new story from you, thanks so much for posting it!
75 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »