Reviews for TGIF
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
I'm as fascinated with the six months Sam spent alone in Mystery Spot as I am with the four months he hunted solo when Dean was in hell, so I love stories like this that offer insight into that time.

Loved your concept of 'his hunts' and how the remnants of Sam's behaviour then clash with the way 'they' do things, but the foundation of the relationship remains as rock steady as ever.

Great brother moments, as always.

Wonderful story.

Cheers,

Sculls
Stoneage Woman chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
I really enjoyed this- it was just so wonderfully angsty. I particularly enjoyed how you gave a history to the bullet wound Sam receives- that was a great touch. Well done!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Oh. *sniffle* That was just perfect! It never even occurred to me that Sam might re-experience some of the events that happened after Dean's Wednesday "death" in Mystery Spot! Absolutely inspired!

Loved how Dean didn't ask questions when the shooting started - just shot a guy dead on Sam's say so. And Sam's realisation of how much he'd missed his brother at the end... *oh*!

In some ways I guess the MS six months Sam spent without Dean would be worse than the four months Dean was in Hell because it would seem so pointless - and Sam was so obsessed with finding the Trickster - KNOWING he could get Dean back - that he became essentially a different person.

Excellent stuff!
Mockingbyrd chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Yay! What a great treat for a dull Wednesday. I was hoping you would post a story soon. Excellent job! I love your stories about Mystery Spot! Excellent as always and I can't wait for more
mtee1958 chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Really good - now we need Sam to realize how much he missed his brother after going to Hell!

Maybe a story of Dean having a bad flashback but Sam's out doing his demon exorcising thing...?
ukfan101 chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Really nice story, I think that (obviously) the show is going to show Sam getting used to having Dean around again, but unfortunately it probably won't go into as much depth as you have done here. Good job...I loved these lines "He didn’t know how, because Dean should’ve needed two hands for some of what he was doing: cleaning the wound, digging out the bullet, then sewing him up. But somehow he managed to never let go." Nice imagery and showing how much Dean cares for sammy in what he does for him.
PADavis chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
What a perfect piece of that show to take out and explore. Sam constantly running the contrast in his head was masterful. Sam saying "It always hurt" was heartbreaking. Just lovely and a briliant look at their characters and understanding of each other.

Phoebe
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
oh yes... this is definitely going on the favorites list. such a roller coaster of emotion. This is a great tag to that episode! Thanks for the treat!
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
This was great. Loved that after six months alone Sam let Dean take care of him again.
Orange Autumn chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Aww, yay! I've always wanted to see an after fic to that episode! I'm glad you did one since you've always got an awesome story. Great work, loved every bit! :D
sablecain chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Beautiful. Heartbreaking. That episode just hurt to watch as Sam went on alone. This is lovely.
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Great story! Loved the crying after stitches, onions, or Old Yeller comment! I cry whenever a dog in a movie dies, and my mom can't even stand to watch them!
jjlover82 chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Wow, just awesome! That last line made me want to cry... actually the whole ending made me want to cry. *sniff*
Zubeneschamali chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Man, what a heartbreaking final line. I love "Mystery Spot" stories, especially those about Sam adjusting to having Dean around again. Here I thought you weren't going to address the fact that it was temporary, and then *bam* with that last line. Well done.
Klutzygirl33 chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Great story. Poor Sammy. I actually think he's worse now than he was following Mystery Spot. I believe he has clinical depression, which Dean made worse.

Are you going to do a tag for Metamorphosis eventually? No pressure or anything, but I'd love to see your take on the episode because you write the brothers so well.
75 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5