Reviews for Housewarming
Khrysalis chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
I've been offline most of this year, but even before then I had not seen you around much. Imagine my surprise when I looked in my dusty inbox and saw new drabbles from you.

I've missed you.

But, to review the fic. A small moment captured, and so much said, meant, conveyed, in just a few words.

I imagine it must have been daunting to look into their new home and see the welcome waiting for them. Children, really, the BOTH of them, and so little to start a new life to sustain them for one they've lost...or put on hold.

The last line is so very Kenshin. He is not enthusiastic, but he is willing and practical. "Let's eat first," he said, and eating would not only give them strength for the work to come, but also in a sense be an accomplishment in itself. One thing out of the way, so to speak. A step forward.

I liked this moment.
Lellow chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
Haha... i love it :)
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
It’s good to see a new drabble from you. You always amaze me with what you can convey with 100 words. Kenshin's simple but warm response to Tomoe’s dismay shows his desire to help, soothe and rebuild. Their different reactions certainly hint at their different backgrounds.
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
i've lived in a couple places that i've had to scrub down and spray poison around before i could move my stuff in (all for cheap rent).

for someone who was a daughter of samurai, even a poor one, she led a relatively pampered life, one could imagine her overwhelmed. kenshin had always had to work hard and could probably see the possibilities.

it said so much with so few words.

ginny
Warg chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
that was quite a capture.. perfectly done.. simple, toned, measured.. and Kenshin very much playing his part.. and his true part as well.. thanks..
LadyRhiyana chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
I love how you say so much with so little. This scene is perfectly described, and their actions and words imply so much about them both. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Terry-McElrath chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
I really liked this vignette! It seemed to summarize Kenshin's generous nature. "We" illustrates his commitment to their relationship and foreshadows what a good husband he will be. All in all, I think you captured a fleeting moment perfectly. I would love to read more of this story!
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
I have to say this one reminded me of Haiku.

Simple, yet elegant in the way it conveys a moment perfectly.

It also made me want to give Kenshin a hug for those reassuring words. He's such a good husband!

Glad to see you posting again.
Murasahki-chan chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
We.

The exact point of a shared life's beginning.

You've captured it well.