Reviews for Redux
Weaving Bard chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Giggling... I think you truly understand Hiko. You wrote him well and I laughed at his frustration.

well done
Khrysalis chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
This made me laugh and made me sad at the same time.

It makes me wonder which of these two is really the one who doesn't learn? The man somehow having found himself mentoring not one, but two stone-headed students, or is this somehow in the spirit of the son becoming the father, who too was unable to look past his own feelings and ideals to see the feelings or points of view of others? Either way, history does repeat itself.

I wonder if this boy will learn any sooner than his father what "true strength" really is?

I also can't help but remark of the echoes I feel of Yahiko in this boy. The sudden fierceness, the shouting, the stomping off toward the hut put me in mind of young Yahiko, as does a couple of smart remarks, inward and verbal, ("Doesn't he ever take off that stupid cloak?). Well, better Yahiko rubbed off on him than Sanosuke, I suppose. (-grin-)
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
Oh dear, shades of Seishouhen. I like your piece even if I don’t like Sony’s ending for Kenshin’s tale. This is so evocative, I feel I can just picture Hiko’s sardonic look. Perhaps this can be seen as proving once again that teenagers need to learn from their own mistakes, taking adults along for the ride.
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
i won't go into my feelings about any drivel spewed in the OVA movie 'seisohen' (samurai X-reflexions) the abomination...

if one accepts the execration that is 'seisohen' then this fits. i do, however, see the teen angst and defiance. to one degree or another every teen goes through the same sort of rebellion; i think it's a requirement.

ginny
Warg chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
Another great read.. hiko and kenji.. another great moment caught nd framed..
LadyRhiyana chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
Love the image: Hiko on his log, with his bottle of sake, grumbling at both his baka deshi. Kenji's fierce scowling also comes through. Thank you for sharing!
Terry-McElrath chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
I love how you portray Hiko! I can clearly see him sitting on the log, suppressing a sigh of frustration. Welcome back!
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Hey! You're posting again! Awesome!

You're the master of the moment. Hiko's 'I was done with this' was so eloquent of his feelings. Just a few words, yet they imply so much.

My only objection is that there wasn't more of it!
Murasahki-chan chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Oh my, have I told you how much I love it when you write Hiko? The tone of his expression is just spot on: if there is another being that can so well express "exasperated love that I'm not admitting to," I can't conceive of it. Not even InuYasha's elder brother does this better. Thanks for another goody!