Reviews for Chosen
Kannepanne chapter 3 . 11/5/2014
I think Severn really cares for her and she will end up with him. I like Nightshade but I dont think he loves her. Barrani dont love...
Kannepanne chapter 1 . 11/5/2014
Great story. You are really good :)
Terrence Rogue chapter 3 . 1/10/2014
This was really fascinating. You did a wonderful job of portraying nightshade's thoughts, the felt authentic to the character which is impressive given the general lack of insight to his motives and character. A shame you aren't continuing theses, I would have loved to see his thoughts on the next opulent of books.
my darling ferocious105 chapter 3 . 1/24/2013
Severn of course!
JC chapter 3 . 10/15/2012
Hi wow this is so cool! I love your writing! Please, write more!

I'm a Nightlin shipper (I wrote "After the Regalia") but I would love to see more Kaylin/Severn pairings just because I can't quite see it.

My friend and I have a fan website ( .com) and we would be honored if you would share your writing on our fan fic forum! I am posting a link to this story now, but it would be awesome if we could have it on the actual site in case, for whatever reason, it ever came down from this site or whatever. Plus it would be an opportunity to introduce your work to more people!

In any case, you're always welcome to join us as a visitor. We're trying to create a one-stop-shoppe experience for fans to complement the author's website and blog.

Please write more, no matter what you do! You're really, really good!
Joanna chapter 3 . 9/29/2012
Yippeee this is so much fun! Thank you - I love the Nightlin pairing in that I feel they would be good for each other; his centuries of knowledge and his special regard for her, and her humanity and no-nonsenseness. I'd love to hear the rest of your chapters!

In the series it's hard because from a writer's point of view, I understand that things take their time and Kaylin is nervous around Nightshade and distrusting of his motives, but the reader in me is like "More Nightshade! More Nightshade! C'mon, just kiss him again already!"

But in the reality of the series, I don't know if a physical relationship is possible without totally ruining the relatinoship with Severn; and "Cast in Peril" alludes to [SPOILER] more men than just Barren who raped her - so in reality, how does someone who is raped ever get physically close to someone again?

It's nice reading your take on their relationship because we get to see inside Nightshade's head - a rare treat given that the story is essentially from Kaylin's perspective. Thanks so much!
DJ chapter 3 . 10/5/2011
This is GREAT! When I read, I read for love, i take pretty much waht I am told at face value. That is why I read reviews, and suc, bec it helps me see "behind the curtain" and to tease out the other meanings in the narrative which were not overt. Noting that "she took "choice" too literally"? "it's the nature of the poweful to make strong alliances? This is important for those who would call Kayla a "Mary Sue" (I read a lot of LKH and that's her bad rap). Gaining more power makes sense and it's inevitable. HE can't tell where the magic ends and she begins and does his makr guide her instincts? What a delightfully intriguing thought! Good marks for me though that I had the same thought about her remaining Private after all she's done- Im on book 3- so your chapter fleshes out those thoughts.

Severn or Nightshade. Well, Mrs. West is very sparse with the romance. Who isn't instrigued by the bad boy, the mystery,the powerful? It goes to show how little Nightshade understands humans to believe Kayla would EVER choose him. Alas, since she will never choose him, we'll never get a good love scene with those two. In the end, there are plenty of heroes like Severn. Hard men with soft hearts, esp for their beloved. But Elves- which is what the Barrani are to me- who doesn't love a rich, powerful shmexy elf? So, gotta go with Nightshade though MSW will choose Severn, hands down for Kayla.
DJ Fomby chapter 2 . 10/5/2011
And not " it was his job" that's too colloquial and modern. For the gpower to grow, he must undertake the task to keep her from the perils of her own power". Like that. Likewise, "he was not a patient person". He doesn't consider himself a person. He's - a being, or Master. "Person" is way too mundane.

But your story is wonderfully consistent with Mrs. West's writing and expounds on Night's thoughts, overtly. I was thinking he was thinking these things, but I like your putting this out there as exposition of his view of things and the is so limited, the thoughts of others are truncated. So,I like this.
BlackArtist chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Hey, I'm currently in love with this series and am on Cast in Chaos. I supported Nightshade from the beginning and wanted that scene they had going to continue. I was so sad when it ended. T.T Severn wasn't MEANT for her! He, firstly, murdered her kids, yes he did it for her bit still. It's like a stalker killing everyone you care about because that will make you better. And second, I really REALLY want him to die. Preferably in her defense and saving the world yadda yadda yadda. Then Nightshade could pick up the pieces and they'd get together, much to everyone's disapproval but still be happy.

Unfortunately, I feel this isn't going to happen and that saddens me on many levels.

I quite like your stories and await more NightKay goodness. Good luck and happy speedy writing!
rubyred753 chapter 3 . 7/5/2011
Love this series and love the ongoing relationship between the Kaylin and Nightshade. Looking forward to your next update.
SayaOtanashi1891 chapter 3 . 12/1/2010
Hey, this story is goood so far... I hope you continue with it. I'm now awaiting book #7... As for whether I like severn or nightshade... i couldn't tell ya! lol Love 'em both :)
SBeth09 chapter 3 . 11/4/2010
I like this, you did a good job (:

I love the series as well and I'm literary shocked that this fan fic( yours) is the only on for Elantra, it's quite sad...
Emily chapter 3 . 10/20/2010
Definitely Severn. If you read the latest book (which I am sure you have) then you know why Severn loves her. Nightshade? He may love her for selfish reasons. Besides, Severn is sort of her anchor (mentioned in the book I think)...I would like to see something happen between Severn and Kaylin. He deserves some happiness. OH and great job on the story!
Chiaki chapter 3 . 8/28/2010
I really enjoy your story so far! You've really captured the essence of Nightshade, which is amazing! D

I DEFINITELY vote for Nightshade. He is far more interesting/mysterious then Severn. Severn is a pretty simple character when it comes down to it, and he's rather quite bland. I love Nightshade because I know that there is a lot MORE about him then what has been revealed, and you can't always guess what his reactions or his decisions might be.
ChildoftheAshes chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
Great fic! I love your writing.

As for Severn or Nightshade...I'd have to say Nightshade.

It seems to me like severn's character is pretty cut and dry. We found out almost all there is to know about him, right from the start. That means, as far as character developement, he can only grow in one direction. Forward. His character can only develope as events occur in the series.

However, Nightshade is a mystery. He's how old? We don't know, but as we saw in the last book, there is a lot of stuff in his past that makes him dynamic. And you're never really sure what he might do. I like that. If you can guess everything that will happen in a book, why read it? His character shows limitless possibility, that makes stories like this possible and fun.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »