Reviews for A Fish out of Water
Lisa Santos chapter 1 . 4/11/2014
Hi Pat! As you well know I am not a "reviewer". I have read and re-read and continue to re-read all your stories... love them all. This one...favorite words..Water! and Cats! As always you write Sarek perfect and Amanda and Spock of course fits in so well.

I look forward to more stories from you ...continuations or new one as well. But I also feel you need to recharge and be re-inspired. Take your time to enjoy life too. Hope you are still riding.

Its also ok to be reminded as a "fan and follower" to take the effort to let you know our thoughts about your work. But they are already so good and you are a fantastic writer and make the stories believable that I have little really to add. I can really see the world of Sarek, Spock and Amanda...Kirk, Bones and Scotty. You could write TOS as no one can, for me.

Thanks again...
Madeleine chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
I enjoyed this story the first time I read it when you published it. I reread it and I still like it. After reading Home is the Sailor it is quite obvious Sarek is not accepting the human Vulcan difference. In the situation with the cats it is quite obvious. I can understand the water issue better. Sarek comes from a desert world where water is scarce and he feels that he has to provide for his family. But with the cats he should be able to accept and explain to Spock that domesticated cats on Earth are not the same as lematya on Vulcan. I did like the tug of war between Sarek and Spock over the cat and kittens. Like usual Amanda tries to quite things down by changing the subject. The story nicely shows the conflicts within the family and brings in some domestic scenes to your stories.
Dee chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
I really liked the logic/illogic balance here and found the point of view very well done. I especially liked the introduction of cats as potential dangers (and what typical cat behaviour to want to visit the one who least wants it!). Felt sorry for Amanda trying to deal with someone who was locked into his own culture (and hence Sarek was not even aware that some explanation was needed!). Enjoyed the light touch.
dinotopian chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
Thank you!
onaleia chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
I really do love your work. All of it.
kyoko12989 chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Very cute.
leneypoo chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
Hee! From the moment Sarek declared the first house unfit, to the cats (and kittens too) I had a grin on my face. One of your funniest stories.
kathu chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
*big grin* Earth - no water! Yes, you surely have to be Vulcan to see it that way. Beautifully written and funny. Sarek and cats... well, some plotbunny seems to try and bite me. Thanks for sharing your Vulcan universe.
Loserx0rz chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
Honestly I could probably favorite almost every one of your stories, but since they're almost innumerable, I settled on just favoriting you as an author.

Oh. My. God.

Maybe the fact that I'm up at 3:30 am reading this had something to do with it, but I was laughing so hard that I had to have a hand stuffed over my mouth so I wouldn't have annoyed suitemates banging on my wall.

This was just awesome. The other ones I've read were just awesome. Your writing in general- just awesome.

With regards to this story specifically, I was nearly rolling on the floor. The water thing, and just all of Amanda's little interjected thoughts in-between... Genius. Pure genius.

Spock is my favorite character in TOS, and that being so, I've often considered just where he comes from, how he grew up, my mind trying to work around the truly scant information you get on him in the show. Obviously if one's mind works hard enough, it can come up with some marvelous tales on what was provided!

Amanda, who always came off as simply 'Sarek's wife' or 'Spock's mother' to me, suddenly has- oh my gosh- a PERSONALITY! Of course she had a spine there in 'Journey to Babel', but really, for the most part she WAS Ambassador Sarek's wife.

This just gives her so much more. She's like a fire-cracker with a sharp wit, humor, and love all rolled into one. She can (for the most part) hold her own in a house- world, really- full of Vulcans, and she can do it with as much style as she's able.

Really, I just don't know what to say.

These stories give me so much more to think about with Spock and his family in general, I know it will help in my own writings and imaginings.

Please please PLEASE don't stop!

Content aside, your style is just lovely, with intriguing words, a flowing rhythm, and good basics. :)

Hopefully you don't die of boredom reading this, but I wanted to pay my tab for the EXCELLENT stories.

Best,

Kiah
fanficfan71 chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
A Vulcan needs his water!
ebonbird chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
Hilarious. Thank you.
dristi chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
hi,

as usual, this story was wonderful as all your other stories...

keep up!
JustAClockTick chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
I like it xP very cute in its own way
Reika76 chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
Plague of cats! That's incredible!
Saeth Ceirwyn chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
It's official. We need a Sarek and cat story. Perhaps one that takes up residence on the premises?