Reviews for The Resistance
Ataea chapter 10 . 12/12/2011
I love your story! Very little knowledge of the Buffy characters myself (only the names and the barest bit of background on both Spike and Angel), but they are a wonderful addition, and this crossover is deliciously complex. I usually hate River love stories of any stripe (usually they're rather unrealistic), but you did a fabulous job of weaving a believable and enchanting romance for River. And further praise? Blood / Spike was an OC for me, a complete unknown, though not to you. And you did a fabulous job of building up and developing his character into someone who i loved as well, and loved with River. Good job! i hope to see more of this story in the future!
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 10 . 6/1/2009
Leave it to Angel and Spike to level a Core World in their mission to take down the bad guys. I mean, it was basically the only way to top sending the entire city of Los Angeles to Hell post-"Never Fade Away"...and it's poetic justice if the Firefly theme refers to some place like Shadow getting torched before or during the Unification War ;D
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 9 . 4/4/2009
Chills...I have chills right now from this chapter, Summersfan. Chills of delight and dread and wonder and wariness...chills! That's a sign you're definitely moving in the right direction, since these characters? Shouldn't just provoke basic feelings like happy or sad...but fear and awe ;)

I especially loved the scenes between River and her 'men'...she's a walking, talking catalyst for so much character growth and exploration! Between her UST moment with Spike in the galley, and the scene with River helping Jayne clean his weapons...I was struggling alongside River to comprehend the best path for her to take when it comes to leaving Serenity to strike back at those who have wrong both her and the 'Verse at large. Really can't wait to see where this tale gets taken next :D
SLDR chapter 8 . 3/15/2009
Jayne saves the day? lol thats a pretty interesting development and I can't say I don't like it. Jayne was always my favorite character from Firefly, despite his flaws. Makes for an interesting dynamic in this unique story.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 8 . 3/14/2009
Well...Simon's gonna be feeling THAT for a little while to come, I think. Cuz Spike punching anyone not mystically enhanced or demonically possessed is gonna be feelin' a hurtin' right now ;)

Another super-fab chappie you have here, I must say...lots of angst and character to be had. Can't wait to see what comes in the wrap up chapter(s).
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 7 . 2/27/2009
Well now...this was definitely a chapter full of VERY BIG THINGS, huh? The crew gets a fish slap to the face re: Angel and Spike's identities...and River learns that playing fire definitely leaves you burned, though I do wonder if she won't choose to lend support in this big battle against the Angel clone or Connor or whatever that is coming for them. Good times, I suspect ;)
vfergus chapter 5 . 2/26/2009
Angel fandom..Huh? I've never watch it but I must admit this is definitely new to me...Blood is truly an intoxicating Vamp...River just got swallowed...I LOVE IT...Why does story remind me of Bella/Edward? But completely diferent with a more adult version...
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 4 . 1/20/2009
Well well...the mystery sinks ever deeper and I definitely am waiting on pins and needles for more, I must say. Also, you dialogue is blowing my socks off all kinds of regular like...Inara's line about only trusting broken old soldiers comes to mind ;)
Tyloric chapter 3 . 1/17/2009
Maybe I'm just not very familiar with the Angel fandom, but I'm finding this story quite hard to follow.

Everyone seems far too accepting of the violence going on around them. Zoe doesn't seem like the type to leave when River was still in a sort of danger.

And I doubt Mal would, after only having just met these people, relinquish control over his ship so easily. Superior officer Liam may be or not.

Still; I'll follow this story and hope that the more I read the more I'll understand.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 3 . 1/17/2009
Wehell now...things have just taken a further twist to the Whedonesque, haven't they? Especially the ramp-up of River's feelings for dear William the Bloody..guess it's time he went after another dark-haired lass with a problem of being bughouse nuts because someone decided to twist their abilities to something a lot more pointed than originally utilized for. And I definitely can't wait to see what exactly you've got up your sleeve in relation to Inara...;D

Nine Larks chapter 2 . 1/15/2009
Ah, brilliant writing. While the beginning was a little slow, I thoroughly enjoyed the actions. Now, Blood is an interesting character. As I am not a reader of Angel, I liked how you wrote your characters. They were very in character and had a lot of "real" feeling - not just 2-D you know?

Thanks for writing! I'll be waiting for updates.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 2 . 11/2/2008
Wha...that was over too quick! You gotta have more Spike-River convos, cuz they're FTW!

Definitely some mighty intrigung stuff...especially how the blonde Operative knows both Spike and Angel all kinds of personal like. Buffy get resurrected and programmed with Glory's dress sense or something?