Reviews for After Sunrise
romulus lupin chapter 8 . 2/10/2009
This has to be one of the most thought-provoking twists to a story that I have ever seen - Hermione being from a magical family, except that her father is a squib who'd been disowned and obliviated.

It is thought-provoking primarily because of how her 'family' (or rather, her 'grandfather' acts - totally selective point of view, in seemingly wanting to 'acknowledge' Hermione as being a member of the 'magical' Grangers but refusing to even accept the fact that her father had a hand in her 'making.'

It casts a shade of grey into the interactions and actuations of the characters - from the looks of it, the (magical) Grangers were not in Voldemort's camp; neither do they seem to have been among those who - as Hermione so pointedly said in her speech - have started coming out of the woodwork to claim a share of the glory, even if they were totally out of sight when the battles were happening.

But now that Hermione and Emma are shown to be magical there is that sudden need to acknowledge them, even 'help' them in the magical world.

Is this bigotry on the scale of the Death Eater's purebloodedness - or is the 'distinction' just another way of getting along?

Will just have to find out, I guess. (*wink*)
romulus lupin chapter 4 . 2/10/2009
One thing I always wonder about ... what's behind Molly Weasley's seeming obsession with having Harry and Hermione as part of One Big Happy Weasley Family?

It's a key element in this story which doesn't seem to be explained that well.

I can understand Ginny's obsession with Harry - fangirl dosed with a liberal dosage of Molly Wobble-itis can do it, but what's in it for Molly? Why the subtle and then outrightly blatant efforts to split Harry and Hermione up so that her 'dream' of OBHWF can come true?
romulus lupin chapter 2 . 2/10/2009
What's there to say about this?

A most unique way of establishing the overall scenario of your story - and a most interesting way of using both misdirection (the 'appearance' of Emma Granger as Hermione's younger sister) and subtle, *subtle* hints to establish something that becomes important later on.

I refer to that scene when they were getting into the cart to visit the vault - Harry's concern for Hermione and then the 'passing of a precious cargo' to her. Plus the matter of 'tight' robes ...

My first thoughts when I first read this chapter was, "How cute ... rather than having 'Emma' as Hermione's mother (which I have always suspected was a subtle salute to Emma Watson), she's Hermione's sister."

Appropriate ...

And the ending (the goblin saying, 'It's my pleasure Mrs. Potter' is ... in a way, not really surprising. But somehow, fitting.
romulus lupin chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
I must admit to the sin of being totally enamoured with this story from the first time I encountered it - but consistently not having the energy to even post a review.

Maybe because it is a well-structured story, or that the different chapters have been so thought provoking ... but most important, being a dedicated (which includes the terms 'fanatical' and maybe completely 'delusional') fan of the Harry-Hermione pairing, it was a relief to come back to fanfiction after a several year hiatus in other genres (after HBP, I decided that JKR has lost all respect for her readers so I decided to boycott her last book and all the movies after OotP) - and was more than pleasantly surprised that the pairing is still alive and well in fanfiction.

And - more importantly - that it continues to attract some of the best and most imaginative writers around.

I will try to input some of my comments and reviews in the appropriate chapters.

With eternal gratitude for your writing ...
Kinsfire chapter 13 . 2/7/2009
I think Hermione also needs to realise that those samew Dursleys are the reason that Harry didn't put forth all the effort he could.

I think that argument was more of a "I need to blow off steam and Ron isn't here to scream at so you'll do" sort of thing.

Question is, is she adult enough to come to the realisation and apologise to her husband, or is she the type of wife who is never wrong?
JinxyKat chapter 13 . 2/5/2009
I have to say I adore how you come to your conclusions of the events in the books. Very, very creative.

I also enjoyed how you have Harry's parents come for a visit. Totally amazing. A very enjoyable read. The twists and turns are exciting.

Looking forward to seeing what will happen next. Thank you for sharing.

Also, I love how you bash Molly and Ginny. A most deserving pair to be bashed if I say so myself. And while I don't really like Ron, you do pretty good at making him an okay guy in this story.
Bobboky chapter 13 . 2/4/2009
this story rocks
Desiraes0220 chapter 13 . 1/29/2009
this is a kool story hope you update it again soon keep up the great work
Reviewer of the West chapter 13 . 1/20/2009
So Hermione's argument is that he cheated because following the instructions in the book it was impossible to get the potions correct no matter how closely you followed them-you had to understand how to adjust the potions to get them correct, but the Prince book had more forgiving recipes?

If this was a public book that had the better recipes which he purchased (and memorized the instructions if necessary) but he did not understand anything any better, would it still be cheating?

Her complaining that Slughorn gave him better grades due to his mother might be true with the Bezore cheek he pulled, but other than that it seems like he actually created better potions (due to the alternate instructions).

In other words, I don't buy it.

But aside from that, very interesting. Please continue.
Serenity of the Lake chapter 13 . 1/9/2009
Please update soon! I want to find out what happens next!
brigrove chapter 13 . 1/6/2009
I really look forward to more of this story
brigrove chapter 12 . 1/6/2009
Now that's an original twist
brigrove chapter 9 . 1/6/2009
I'm really enjoying the story and I just loved Harry's extra point on his NEWT... I and Hermione's reaction, "might be worth a point" haha
brigrove chapter 6 . 1/5/2009
love the story so far and I'm impressed by authentic details like the scottish educational qualifications at that time.
rio45 chapter 13 . 1/5/2009
Great story I have now read both of your stories and I love them both cant wait for more. Thank you.
388 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »