Reviews for Asian Girls Do It Better
octobersky1687 chapter 8 . 5/3/2010
hey great story... finally someone with an Asian perspective... when's the next update? keep up the good work
silver starlight serpant chapter 8 . 3/28/2009
Could you explain what the age ranges are and occumpations?

Really good!

I think theres and explanation on how to get a beta on your profile guide under the beta section.
Smile XD Widely chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
HAHAHA. OMG. Asian pride and prejudice...that is the most amazing idea I've ever heard of. I'm loving the stereotypical asianness in this. This is great...keep going! xD
Twenty questions chapter 8 . 1/17/2009
You can find a beta by going to right underneath the blue bar at the top of the page and clicking on beta readers. They have 251 registered for Jane Austen fics alone and its like personal ads.

Also I vote 2.
fromme2y0u chapter 8 . 1/17/2009
I don't feel like your writing is as bad as you think it is. In fact, I think it's pretty good.

I could BETA for you. My grammar is pretty much spot-on sometimes (I would hope since I am copy editor of my school's newspaper.)

I don't think you should make it strictly P&P because it would be quite boring without some kind of your own ideas in it. Stick to what you're doing now (because I really do enjoy reading your chapters) and allusions to Asian culture references because I love them (as a proud Chinese girl, I might add).
divine one chapter 2 . 1/15/2009
you should be getting more reviews for this!

well done so far!
fromme2y0u chapter 7 . 11/10/2008
OH MY GOD, this is practically the story of my life (if I had four sisters)!

I love the wittiness and the sarcasm of Lena (who's just awesome, by the way) and the portrayal of Asian stereotypes (I deal with them constantly in school), especially the one about Asian kids being geniuses (I practically live to hate Math).

Keep writing! The only thing I have to criticize is grammar (perhaps invest in a beta).
MariahDezie chapter 7 . 11/7/2008
Awe! Darcy is cute.

He is definitely showing he likes her
followthestory chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
Hate to break it to you.

It's Austen, not "Austin." There is however a place in Texas called Austin.

Sorry for the small geography lesson. You have to at least spell Jane Austen correctly if you believe we are going to review your story! Sorry!
Emily-in-the-glass chapter 6 . 10/23/2008
i really liked your first chapter - you had me giggling off my seat! i think you have the asian family spot-on (i'm one myself) and Mrs. Bennet does translate very well into a fussy asian mother.

however, there are some awkward plot twists. for instance, i can't really believe that kim was knocked out on the bingleys' driveway- she'd probably have to go to the hospital in that case. is izzy charlotte lucas? she's so... gushing, that she seems like she could be a second mrs. bennet.
stacey.eats chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
this sounds interesting. i'm full chinese, and also rather tired of the matchmaking schemes with nice chinese boys... who, more often than not, are mama's boys as well. EEK!
uAurel chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
lovely beginning, im also a chinese who grew up in a western country so i can totally relate to Lena...heh..anyway...seems like Mamma Chen is not really fond of caucasian boys, i wonder what will happen when he got ten thousand.. ehmm im sorry is it ten billions now? and hmm whats the equivalent of red coat.
0Life-is-a-Song0 chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
Good start, I have to say it was the title that made me interested :P

Hope you update soon! maybe with a longer chapter? It will be interesting how you develop this story.