Reviews for Hallowe'en HangUps
alix33 chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
"and taking in her dull brown hair, dark eyes and disgruntled expression at a glance. “Aren’t you going in to the feast?” Tonks shook her head. “I don’t like Hallowe’en.” " - The dull brown hair should have clued him in already that something is wrong.

"For a Weasley to miss a meal of any kind – let alone a feast – went against the grain." - LOL

"“And for Merlin’s sake, do something to your hair. You don’t look like you with brown hair.”" - LOL at that first sentence, in which Charlie Weasley portrays just exactly who his mom is. THAT is SUCH a Molly Weasley sentence!

"“His family were really religious. Not just going to church at Christmas religious, but really religious. Swallowing the whole Bible hook, line and sinker as the inspired word of God.”" - Oh dear, poor Ted Tonks - and poor Tonks (as in miss Tonks)! I have relatives who are like that and they are a nightmare, honestly!

"“Dad’s got a few hang-ups because of his upbringing,” she said quietly." - Tonks, news flash: who doesn't?

"But for Godric’s sake, come and have something to eat. I’m starving.”" - LOL at Charlie once again seemingly channelling his mom! You think maybe Molly has female muggle Jewish forebears? Ones that went "I'm hungry, so you had better eat something"?

"even giggling as he flicked his wand and changed her Hufflepuff tie into the scarlet and gold of Gryffindor. “Change your hair,” he ordered. “You can be an honorary Weasley for the night. Then you don’t have to worry about what your Mum and Dad do or don’t think of Hallowe’en.” Tonks screwed up her face and turned her hair a red as bright as Charlie’s own," - That is SO CUTE!
Cuban Sombrero Gal chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
I really liked this, Katy. The dynamic between Charlie and Tonks was a really interesting take - they weren't dating, but you could see how they could possibly be mistaken for it. My problem was with the ending... it was a bit abrupt, and it didn't really sum up how her feelings about Halloween changed.

Other than that, it was great - just like everything else you write, even if I'm hopelessly behind on all that lately.
Cassandra's Cross chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
Ah well, I think Ted would have been less uptight, but it's plausible the way you've presented it. I would like to read your take on the relationship between Charlie & Tonks, though. I always love the way you write Charlie.
hermoinelvsronald chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
good chapter

i like the relationship between tonks and charlie!
mustardgirl1128 chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
This was sweet-I loved how nice CHarlie was being, and the teasing from his friends, and how influenced Tonks was by her parents. Very cute!
Kerichi chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
Charlie is such a sweetie. No wonder we writers want to give him the kind of love dragons can't provide! ;)

As a Christian who doesn't believe Harry Potter is satanic, I feel sorry for anyone with hang ups and choose to love my neighbors with candy on Hallowe'en. Too bad your Ted didn't get to do the same!
GoddessofYouth chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
Aw!
FrednGeorgeFanGirl chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
love love loved it! and not just because I needed something to distract me from my history homework...

I love the idea of a Charlie/Tonks pairing. Not to say that they were really a pairing here but I realized that I liked the concept! I don't know if I've ever heard of them together I probably have but whatever you made me like it! You should write more Charlie/Tonks! Only if you would have the interest too of course.

anyway this was really cute. I always thought Ted Tonks was a muggle? you're probably right that he was a muggleborn though. i'm rambling sorry but yeah this was a fun read:) keep up the good work.
TwistedLime chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
Real good! I loved it all! Going on my favs.
silverbirch chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
Like the note at the bottom!

It's very true though, in the books Hallowe'en was a big feast, but she never explained why. Probably me thinking too deply again.

Love the way you built a whole story (and a very good one) out of it though.

Once more you've taken a character and bucked the standard view, to turn her into a real person.
25 | « Prev Page 1 2