Reviews for Naruto: An Alternative Canon
Lazurman chapter 6 . 10/18/2013
\m/.\m/ Hell. Fucking. YES.
Lazurman chapter 5 . 10/18/2013
My mad cackles of joy could be heard down the street. Kiba/Yugito (Dog/Cat), eh? Might have to use that...
MatthewC chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
I found the argument that they can't refuse assassination missions kind of specious. Throughout most of history, hired mercenaries have been relatively legal and hired assassins highly illegal and held in disgust by the general populace. Assassins either work for the government directly or are highly criminals.

I think you could do a realistic Naruto setting where ninja villages plain refuse to take criminal missions like murder or theft (unless hired directly by the government) and have it make a lot of sense. Why should the Fire ruler tolerate his citizens hiring killers to take each other out?
BiblioMatsuri chapter 2 . 12/13/2012
Worldbuilding.

Iroh - is he based on the one from Avatar: The Last Airbender?
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
*phew* Technological innovation, political maneuvering of the less subtle sort, and a dose of reality that leads to changing motivations.
dalulzing chapter 8 . 12/10/2011
this is a must read for any naruto fic writer.

I have one question. Can I use some of the timelines and information here in my own upcoming fic?
Chargone chapter 8 . 7/19/2011
very interesting. some chapters are more entertaining than others, but still. (particularly like Sakura's inventions and Tenten's rifle (well, not the rifle itself, but everything that goes with it, ya know?)

guess i'll wonder off and read that crossover now :D
AiSard chapter 8 . 2/20/2011
loved it. the scholarly aspects was also very interesting, though wasn't as enamoured with steampunk!(chakrapunk?)Sakura as i'd thought i'd be. pretty funny with Itachi and Sakura pairing up though, if i got that scene right. very much enjoyed the fleshing out of the history, and really liked how hormones was added to the whole ninja mix p. really wish it could be brought together into a fully fleshed out story though / gonna go check out the crossover now
BukkakeNoJutsu chapter 6 . 2/5/2011
Greatest chapter ever.
Darak chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
I'm re-reading this chapter and as the first time find it highly disturbing, the difference between now and the first time is that now I can point the finger at what I find disturbing and what I find disturbing is that Gai's justification of the mission makes no sense from the Konoha's point of view.

Why? Because if Konoha was ready to assassinate anybody as long as the money was provided and if all ninja villages acted in the same way then chaos would reign as people would constantly pay to remove competition whatever the domain that competition was in which would both set an atmosphere of terror on the world and suppress any chance at improvement for any technical domain.

Since such an atmosphere would be detrimental to any ruling class it would make the elimination of ninjas a top priority for any ruling body which means that accepting such types of missions would be detrimental to Konoha's continued existence in the long term.

Now if the victim was actually preparing for something that would induce a lot of unrest then his removal would make sense but it would be a government sanctioned removal and not simply a paid job by the first person able to gather the money.
Spudtroops chapter 8 . 12/18/2010
Tell me this is a sign you're going to continue this and SG:K? Because if not...what a waste...
Lord Sia chapter 8 . 12/18/2010
Interesting. Certainly makes for an intriguing background -and it's nice to have some more information than "These nations exist - these villages exist - they fought three great wars - ninjutsu was invented by the Six-Paths Sage sometime in the past - The End".
WARRIOR of fanfic99 chapter 4 . 12/18/2010
your too western.

13 year old assains are perfect tatically, not only will they last longer but civillians will underestimate them.

this is feuderal japan. WAR. go back in history, children age 6 would be cold bloodied killers. this is normal for them. this is naruto. sexual tension between 13 year olds, have you never seen anime. they have loads of that kinda thing, remeber kakshi was a ninja at 6 minato at 10 itachi anbu at 10.

stories fine but at least justify in latter stories why they are older, nit just well i think. being modern west citizen that 13 year old are too young to be in anything over k rated.

Instead something like they are at war, the young ninjas were being killed off to much. Thus danzo like trainning of genin took place between 13-16 to decrease the death rate.
WARRIOR of fanfic99 chapter 2 . 12/18/2010
very good.

your just like me. except you have published stories on fanfic, i haven't as of yet.

original, believable and thus far slightly entertaining. even your writing style is similar. if it was not for the fact that i haven't thought of such a plot, i would think you were immitating me unknowlingly!

truly good, i will review again to see if should subscribe to you or that you are not worthy of being called a possible legend.
Momma Lici chapter 7 . 12/17/2010
I just adore this so much.