Reviews for It Hurts
ROBINV chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
That is SAD. It hurts me, the reader, to see Sam's pain described so eloquently and vividly.

Sniffle.

Poor boys.

Love, Robin
mortetal chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
so sad.. captured sams mood very well.. think ill go cry now
SuperFan3 chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
Aw poor broken Sammy...come on sequel up...Dean still loves him tell us what Dean is thinking now LOL. Thanks for sharing that bit of sunshine j/k...it was great as usual.
funkyspunk chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
Beautifully written, I'm glad you decided to share this with us. This just.. well, it just hurts. I love your decriptive writing like 'The pain he was feeling here and now was intense, thick in his throat like bile and wrapped around his heart like poison ivy. He felt as if he could cry forever and the hurt would not be erased.'

Very nice stuff, so thanks!
FirstBorn chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
It makes so much sense that Sam would latch on to Dean saying he would hunt him, and totally miss Dean saying first, "If I didn't know you." And it's a really good story that you wrote from that viewpoint. Take care.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
Awesome Sam POV! Although I think you've got to make the distinction between "I'd want to hunt you," and what Dean actually said, i.e. "If I didn't *know* you I'd want to hunt you," which was pretty much the problem they had with Gordon. Although you can totally see how Sam might have misinterpreted that.

I also liked your choice of "Sam's God-forsaken life". Again, you can see how Sam might feel that way, but really, his life is anything but. I don't think God saved Dean just to save Dean. I think God saved Dean to save Sam, thus saving them *both*.

It's got to be pretty daunting for Sam to think God doesn't want him tinkering with his psychic stuff though. Especially as he was the one who had faith. I was wondering at the beginning of the season whether Sam had prayed for God to save Dean, and that was why the Big Guy had taken an interest. It'd be nice to think that!

You fitted so much into so few words here - well done!
hannah chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
Very nicely written. You captured Sam's POV really well.

I do feel badly for Sam. I could imagine him being hurt and not hearing what Dean actually said: that he would hunt Sam IF he didn't know him. I found it sad that Sam couldn't see the worry/hurt/feelings of betrayal that were underneath Dean's anger.

I found myself empathizing with both Sam's dilemma and Dean's overreaction. Sam's not exactly blameless in what happened, though. He might have had his reasons but he did create the situation. Dean too could have handled things better, that's for sure. But I guess he was worried and scared about angels killing Sam, his brother doesn't seem to trust him and Dean just got out of hell: all that would put a lot of people into a very foul mood.

This was a hard episode to watch because, for me, both brothers were right and both brothers were wrong. And they just weren't connecting by the end. Sigh...

Again, very nicely done.
Acheron Blake chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
Great story. Dean is such a huge disappointment. I guess even Hthe Pit can't make a person appreciate their family better.
Cookie6 chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
You have done an awesome job of portraying the shock, confusion and rejection that underscored Sam's intense pain. While I totally get Dean's feelings of betrayal, anger and fear, my heart just bled for Sam as his deep sadness washed over me. I love your format, the repetition of the "It hurts" mirrored his sadness to perfection. Loved it, much as it hurt.