Reviews for A Family Tradition
300kstory chapter 1 . 10/10/2015
Hi eceryone! If anyone would like to add 100 words to a growing story, you can! The goal is for 1000 writers to volunteer write 100 words each to create a masterpiece. Ideally it will become a movie! Follow and find details on Twitter at 300kstory!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/30/2015
Babalon? The Earth?

I am the daughter of Fortitude, and ravished every hour from my youth. For behold I am Understanding and science dwelleth in me; and the heavens oppress me. They cover and desire me with infinite appetite; for none that are earthly have embraced me, for I am shadowed with the Circle of the Stars and covered with the morning clouds. My feet are swifter than the winds, and my hands are sweeter than the morning dew. My garments are from the beginning, and my dwelling place is in myself. The Lion knoweth not where I walk, neither do the beast of the fields understand me. I am deflowered, yet a virgin; I sanctify and am not sanctified. Happy is he that embraceth me: for in the night season I am sweet, and in the day full of pleasure. My company is a harmony of many symbols and my lips sweeter than health itself. I am a harlot for such as ravish me, and a virgin with such as know me not. For lo, I am loved of many, and I am a lover to many; and as many as come unto me as they should do, have entertainment.

Purge your streets, O ye sons of men, and wash your houses clean; make yourselves holy, and put on righteousness. Cast out your old strumpets, and burn their clothes; abstain from the company of other women that are defiled, that are sluttish, and not so handsome and beautiful as I, and then will I come and dwell amongst you: and behold, I will bring forth children unto you, and they shall be the Sons of Comfort. I will open my garments, and stand naked before you, that your love may be more enflamed toward me.
whitealmond chapter 10 . 5/3/2015
Sometimes in my headcanon I think that Artemis inherited his mother's passion and losing the one he loves could break him, like it broke her. And he would certainly be as stubborn and singleminded as his father in his criminal days, to hold onto Holly with hands and teeth until she was finally his. I adore this chapter.
whitealmond chapter 9 . 5/3/2015
"There is madness here, outside of the circle of her arms, and it has made him cruel." and "he truly hates her, because he knows he will always love her." and "he begs for the sun to rise and take the taste of her out of his mouth." Gorgeously rends the heart.
whitealmond chapter 4 . 5/3/2015
I've been reading some parts over, admiring your writing, when I just realized... wouldn't he have figured out it was Holly long before, if only he'd reached up and touched her ears? They've been together in the dark for a while now...
whitealmond chapter 13 . 5/3/2015
Heartbreakingly, spellbindingly beautiful. I couldn't stop reading! As always, I love your choice of words. And the ending! Will he join the gods, as it were, after drinking the ambrosia? I can only hope.
IceDynamiteDragonflyStars chapter 8 . 1/29/2015
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say Mulch represents Dionysus.
Guest chapter 13 . 9/13/2013
This is pure fairy gold. Or ambrosia. Pure Fairy-Gold Ambrosia. I mean it. This is beautiful.
Yukiko chapter 13 . 8/22/2013
I don't know how I feel about a drink to turn Artemis into a fairy... it feels... a little deus ex machina, I guess. Although considering Colfer's Atlantis Complex was completely out of the blue I guess we fanficcers deserve some 'magical realism'. I did really enjoy your story, and I feel like the ending really works with your writing style. Please keep up the awesome writing!
tiffanytifflespotterzheng chapter 13 . 10/13/2012
Omg! Such epic ness! Wait, what exactly was the "ambrosia" ? Did it turn him into an elf? Or increase his lifespan? Because if I remember, ambrosia is the drink of the gods... Plzzzzz tell me
Madje Knotts chapter 13 . 10/6/2012
This was a great story! I loved the references to the truly Classical! Greek Literature fascinates me, well, most literature fascinates me, that's why I'm an English Major! I do have to say, I'm not a huge fan of Keats, but I'll have to try out his Lamia and Ode to Psyche. It's Ode on a Grecian Urn I'm not so fond of!, and Ode to a Nightingale!
jessi chapter 13 . 9/16/2012
Great story! I really liked it.
Electricboa chapter 13 . 8/19/2012
This was quite a well-written story and all the allusions to other myths are worked in magnificently. The Ambrosia at the end was an especially nice touch. I'd love to see you get back into writing again, your work is so much fun to read.
FowlFanGirl chapter 13 . 6/8/2012
WOOHOO Should do a sequel :D
Koneko713 chapter 13 . 2/20/2012
This is quite wonderful. Being a mythology freak myself, this blows my mind. Combining that with Artemis and Holly...genius!

Although I apparently need to brush up on my gods. My best guess for Mulch would be Dionysus, but that doesn't feel right for some reason. Maybe I'm over-thinking things.

A great story from a great author!