Reviews for Finding Peace
Darkover chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Dear Aearwen: This was a very moving story. Not only was it a well-written tale of a father and his son, but you have done a very good job of portraying it from the Elven perspective. Thank you for writing and posting this. Sincerely, Darkover
Destined Darkness chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
(franticaly dabbs at the tears that just keep coming) What? no me i wasnt crying no (cheeks face in mirror, grabs tissues and other such things) oh that, no, my eyes just watered from the wind (shifty eyes, as she turns to both the CLOSED windows) i am so sure that i would have been sitting on that bolder too, and let me just say that i would be bawling my eyes out, generally because i would be losing two of my babies, cause one would die and the other would then leave me forever, only ONE would remain in my heart

Thanks (for making me happy and also for making me cry, dont ask me why but i have been feeling upset for awhile and i just dont know why, and reading these stories makes me upset enough to cry (I only cry and laugh and stuff if it's a good story), which means that soon enough instead of being upset i will be angry because i cried (praise be for having a brother so readily aviliable to yell at) (um when i get my voice back that is))

Racheal, Grace, . . ( . .)
Epilachna chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
This tale has the same, strong feel of your Arwen/Elrond fic. I am sure that father and son argued just as father and daughter had. It is interesting to note how these two elf lords are suffering the same fate but in opposite ways (one leaving his child behind, and the other remaining behind).

I can't help but wonder why you chose to have Thranduil cling to ME. I am not aware of any statement by Tolkien about his choice, but I had always imagined that as a Sinda he would eventually sail. It makes for an interesting bit of angst across your 'In the Dark' series, however, so it may be that you chose his path for that reason.
MP brennan chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
Wow. Perfect and heart-rending.
paperfirefly chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
Wow, this was soo touching :)
Elfinabottle chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
Beautiful.
Adulas chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
Well done Aearwen22! :)

I've often wondered what Thranduil's reaction would be to Legolas and his request for elves after the war. Your story is a wonderful and possible outcome of such a meeting.

Dín
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
You know I love your Thranduil, and this story just gets me straight through the heart. Very moving!
kittyloverluna chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
I really liked this one a lot. I was so well written.