Reviews for Death's Watchful Eye
Ella Encantado chapter 1 . 10/10/2014
I honestly don't understand why there aren't more reviews for this. I was looking for a quick Merlin read and happened upon this piece - absolutely loved it. Beautifully written. It just flowed from one part to another so smoothly. :) wonderful job! :)
Ella ;)
LinBates chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
I did enjoy the piece, but where's the rest of it? I thought this would be just the first example!
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
Poor little Arthur and Poor Toly. I liked reading from young Arthur's pov. Great story!
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
Really enjoyed this piece. You pick up on Arthur and Uther's characters really well even though Arthur is much younger than when we meet him and Uther never actually appears in the story. You have a very good way with words, your descriptions were quite good. And I agree with the other comments about your opening section. : )

Nice job

CrayonsPink chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
Great job!
Alice I chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
The show Arthur has come to the United States. Thus far only 5 episodes have aired and it has quickly become a family favorite. I was pleased to find an entire fandom of Merlin fiction.

I liked this piece quite a lot. The opening section concerning Death as a viable entity was a marvelous touch. It allowed you to cast Death as a character in the story which is a very nice literary touch.

I could see Arthur acting exactly the way you described. Having only seen 5 episodes thus far I am not an expert but it seemed that your potrayal of Uther might have been a bit harsh. I am not particularly fond of Uther and it is clear that he does not value the lives of commoners or servants yet in the pilot episode he considers himself to be a fair and just king. Would he really so callously have servants put to death? (Maybe - as I have only seen the first 5 episodes.) I will agree that Uther's behavior in the episode where Merlin was poisoned was beyond abominal, yet in the last scene he did admit that Arthur was right to disobey him.

Back to your story - I loved your manservant, Toly. He was in an impossible situation with the royal brat but did what he needed to do to protect his charge.

Nicely done. I will look forward to reading more of your work. I will naturally have to be careful what I choose to read since I don't want to spoil myself from future episodes of the program.
MagicByMerlin chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Really good! The whole bit about death really put things in prespective...I'm really scared now... :0

You should be proud of this because it really is good!
A Song in the Dark chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
omg mini arthur! i love, i'd love to see a mini arthur, incredible. I also like the story lol.

I think the first para is really good, in fact the whole intro is great!
altfly chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
This is an awesome story! It's so sad though that Toly has to die...but it is a great explanation for why Arthur is the way he is later.
kuhekabir chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
awesome :)
Auf Jaden Fall chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
I am so in awe right now to write much more, ‘Death stepped back into the shadows, disappointed, but not for the last time.’ And ‘his lips forming an ‘o’ shape. The youngster noticed the fast spreading stain on his cream coloured jerkin, dark and foreboding.’ – such wonderful pieces of literally prose.

You got young Arthur down perfectly.

Reading this story was like admiring a fine piece of artwork. Amazing.

[you should be so so so proud ]
BlackFyre94 chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
That was really good! Especially the "Death haunting their footsteps" (etc) bit at the start
Foxie Roxie chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
This was fab! loved it, but how did Toly actually die, did one of the bandits get him before he killed them? im probably just being an idiot ] great story xx
myrmidryad chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
Wow. Death really does hang around Arthur a lot. Sad for Toly. Well-written.
xXStephRheaXx chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
Wow, what a traumatic way for Arthur to end up the way he is in the beginning of the show. You have a wonderful way with words that make you picture completely in your head what you are trying to convey. Fantastic x