Reviews for The Epilogue
877576545347667465 chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
arrrrrhhhh please put it back up! everyone says its really good and i really want to read it because im doing of mice and men for english as well and it would be interesting to read :D
A very impressed teacher chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
I just want to say your story is absolutely brilliant- beautifully controlled. As a GCSE English teacher who has taught this book many times, your story is one of the best I've read and easily an A* piece of coursework.

I am reviewing this just to warn you to take down this story momentarily, as once they check your piece of coursework for any cheating, this piece of fanfiction might come up and you are at the risk of being disqualified, which would be such a shame for a fantastic story such as this. I odn't know if your teachers has told you this, but the moderator only has to type 5 or 6 words of your coursework into their search engine and they can tell if you have stolen anything from the internet.

Feel free to put it back on once you start sixth form, it was a pleasure to read.
kurtfowler chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
This story was very well writen and descriptive. I like how george and slim did go into town after the shooting and got a drink. I was personally expecting some strong wiskey instead of beer. Geoges emotions were very desciptive along with slims manner of his emotions and thoughts he gives George. The ending was very good and percise just slightly unexpected.
AshleyS.fowler chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
I thought "The Epilogue" was very detailed and well thought out. I really liked how your words created a visual picture to fit with the story. It also flowed very nicely, however, there were a few gramical errors. For instance, when George says, "It was the "lesser of two evils," you forgot the period at the end of the sentance. Also, when Slim says, "Mos' guys, they woulda just left it, let them get him," you forgot the (s) on the word "guys." The sentance is also a bit confusing. I am not sure what the word "it" refers to in the sentance. These are just a few small errors, but overall, I thought the story was excellent. I especially liked how you made the characters talk the way they did in the book. Most of all, though, your ending was very creative. It makes perfect sense with the book and would be very realistic. The only thing I would change in the ending would be to end it with a more emotional sentance like,"Goerge went to be with Lennie once again, just where he has always belonged." Of course you can modify that to make it sound better. I hope you keep writing for you have a great talent and I can't wait to read another one of your great stories. Keep up the great work!
KodyFowler chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
That was very well written. I like how Slim goes to talk to George about the shooting and trys to convince him that it had to be done. I didn't think George killing himself would happen that was really creative.I like the quote The Lesser of two Evils, it was very good.
ScottFowler chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
At first I was confused as to why George would we conversed so much with Slim; after all, he just killed a man. I would have thought he would be in more of a shock. However, once I read the end it made sense what George was getting off his chest. I thought the beginning was written very well. I did not see the ending coming. After the first time reading your story, I did not understand where George had gone or why the story ended so bluntly. I had to reread the story to understand what actually happened. (Maybe editing the last three paragraphs would help the ending flow better?) Anyway, after rereading I understood and I was surprised because I would not have predicted this ending. I can see where your idea came from and I enjoyed how the ending of the epilogue made everything come together. I thought your story was entertaining because it was unpredictable; good job.
FaithFowler chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
Wow! That was really good!I was an interesting and surprising ending. Not very happy, but I guess that could have happened in the book, huh? Anyway, I have a few things that you might want to fix. When I first started reading, I was like "Ok, how long after the book is this? Where exactly are they at?" It's just, when I first started reading I didn't know how long after Lennie's death this was. I was trying to piece together what was going 's a possible example for you: "In the bar, hours after Lennie was dead, George downed another beer, watching Slim make his way through the crowd." Also, your descriptions at the beginning especially were very good, but they were a little drawn out. For example, when you were explaining the bar in the first paragraph, I was like "ok, get on with the story." It made the beginning paragraphs a little hard to read. Once I got into the story a bit, it made more sense, but you might want to clarify in some way. Lastly, I don;t know if you wanted it to say this but, in the paragraph where George is talking about what they could have done to Lennie you said "they coulda STUNG him up...did you mean STRUNG?" Anyway, it was well-written and creative!
Bob Fowler chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
Wow, definately wasnt expecting that one. I can see how George would feel the remorse that he did since he killed his best friend though. The talk between George and Slim was just how I figured it would be after the whole incident, but the twist where George kills himself was a definate shocker. All in all I thought it was a very so to say "fitting" ending to how the whole book played out before that.
Brianna Fowler chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
This is a very well written and descriptive piece. I like how you have George and Slim meet up after the shooting of Lennie to talk about everything. I like how Slim talks with George and gives him sympathy and tells George that he did the right thing and it was what had to be done. I like your description of George's emotions and feelings about what happened. It really adds to the mood of the situation. I also think the ending was very clever and creative. It was very unexpected, reasonable, and it took me by surprise.
Star the Foxhound chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
That was really good and really well written. Your ending was also very unexpected but that was one of the things that made it good. It would've been hard to picture George living without Lennie.
El Leon Y La Oveja chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
This is a really great piece! Love the lesser of two evils-I used that in my English Essay ) Great job showing what George does after Lennie's death.

Especially love the last part. Really well written!

Koulin chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
0_0 unexpected! I really think this story deserves more reviews, since you write like a pro 8D
ORANGE Jumpsuit chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
was this your english work?

t'is really good!

was it just me or did everyone kill George off?