Reviews for Do not pity the dead
lovemya2000 chapter 1 . 3/9/2015
Tom Was Horrible As Soon As He Was Conceived. Didn't Dumbledore Say That He Couldn't Love Anyway Because Of The Love Potion His Mother Conceived Him On. False Love. Tom Was Always Irredeemable
yay chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
This was very nice.
Possum132 chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
You draw more interesting parallels between Harry and Tom (and Snape, who I have characterised as a tool fashioned by Dumbledore). Truly the Potterverse is the Tale of Three Half-bloods.

LoireLoa chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
This was amazing.
Iva1201 chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
I found out that I like Tom Riddle redemption stories - The Last Chance by Laume and Rectifier by Niger Aquila. They both are however working with the possibility "what if Dumbledore acted differently in late 1930s and 1940s." It's nice to see that someone thought also about DH redemption possibility.

I hate Dumbledore saying in the books that there is (and was) nothing to be done - and I dislike Harry for blindly accepting this and never question Dumbledore's "teaching" in this spite. It reminds me of my own childhood division of western books' "negative" characters: redeemable vilian (I am allowed to like) and the blackened-heart vilian (who is likely to be killed in the end, so no sympathy there). And no, I don't sympatize with Lord Voldemort but it's good to have other possibilities addressed.

I particularly liked how Harry took the baby-Tom of the ground and gave it over to Dumbledore to finally try to take care of him and help him. One wonders what would have happened if the "wise old man" hadn't set Tom's wardrobe on fire and taught him for instance a cheering spell. (-:
TardisIsTheOnlyWayToTravel chapter 1 . 3/18/2009

The name is Gellert, though.
Flavourless Water chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
I'll admit I always pitied Child Tom. It's kind of hard not too, when you think about it.
adfdsvn1 chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
hmm it shows that everone has their faults and no matter what we should show acceptance and pitty those who are broken and deluded as to lower themselfs to violence and other such recreations because every action is like a drop of water into a never-ending cosmos of an ocean so vast and unfathomable but to all our attempts to do what is right perspective is in the eyes of the beholder and one day in the never seeable future the rain storm of actions will finaly come to a stand still if only for a second and there will be peace if only for a little while and when its over we will start again and it will give us hope to continue with what must be done but until then we have to try and do what we can to be all we can and help those in need
Alberix.Silver.Quill chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
I got goosebumps

And then I grinned, and then it bubbled up inside me until there were tears in my eyes.

I tend to over empathise and alot of J.K Rowling's choices with characters have left me dissatisfied.

The choice you had Harry make here, it was something that he should have made in the book and for someone as compassionate as him, I think he would have made it.

Tom was never going to be an all feeling all understanding saint but the moment you had Dumbledore take him it felt like..gloves being put on or puzzle pieces being slipped into their places.

] Thanks
fledge chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
Another wonderful piece full of philosophical insight and moral meaning. It cerrtainly does pick up some loose threads that JKR seems to have forgotten about.

Well done, even if there is the occasional typo. And it's FEAR OF something, not FOR.
RebeccaRoy chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
Wow, that was much better than what was really said in the station. Things that needed to be said were said and I loved the ending!
Loveland chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
Interesting idea for a story. I liked it, it was well-written, and enjoyable to read.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
I don't like Harry's Stockholm syndrome nor the silly idea that any time should be wasted trying to redeem Riddle.
Dead-Luthien chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
WOW! You're back! Where have you been all this time? :D:D:D:D:D

You never stop to amaze me with your stories.
Nanchih chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
I LIKE Harry's solution here. There IS one thing dead Dumbles can do!

If you are in school, you should be getting all-A's.

One question. You, like me, love Odo. Why don't you have any Last Unicorn stories?

You have correctly used the tricky omission of the second quote mark at the end of paragraphs when the same person continues speaking for more than one. It's minor, but I admire correct usage.

A few errors. Sentences should never start with "And". That's a mistake I have to watch for myself. One glaring grammar error, "Me and Tom has wandered", which should be "Tom and I have wandered".