Reviews for The Living and The Dead
Ethyrin Kairos chapter 3 . 12/11/2014
Very beautiful writings that simply tug on the heartstrings. I could taste her grief, and in the despair the brief hope seemed even more poignant.
Laser Lance 720 chapter 3 . 3/13/2014
I've always had a thing for the Black family, and Andromeda; despite the little we got of her in the series, has always been one of my favorites. Her story is amazing, and I've always wondered what must be going through her head to enable her to be able to survive and manage after losing everything on more than one occasion. And you did an amazing job in bringing that to life. Reading this, it felt like I was following her through the story, feeling every emotion that she felt. The way you chose to write this was perfect. I've never really attempted second person POV, but you made it seem like it was second nature for ya. It was absolutely amazing to read.
Along with Andromeda, the way you wrote for Draco, in both how he acted, and Andy's views of him, were wonderful. A lot of the problems I find with HP fanfic writers is that Draco doesn't always stay in character. They either lean to heavily on him being an arrogant prat, or they rely to much on that shattered innocents, or some character is brought forward called Draco, but he is in no way him. You, you did not have that problem. Your Draco, he was perfection as far as I can tell. He was the right mix of everything Draco, without overdoing or OOCing him.
I thank you for writing such an amazing piece.
Encypher chapter 3 . 2/27/2014
Poor Andromeda. It was big of her though to take the Malfoy's in. And I liked the way you showed that Draco has some redeeming features, and the potential to have more. It must be hard on Andromeda having to share what little family she has left
Sailor Pandabear chapter 3 . 9/5/2013
ladymirth chapter 3 . 5/18/2013
The quintessential Andromeda Black Tonks. Henceforth known as Andromeda the Fearsome. Your writing is impeccable and beautiful.
What Came First chapter 3 . 10/6/2012
I nearly cried at the end.
Redbookbluebook chapter 3 . 9/8/2012
This story really tugs at your heartstrings; you definitely made me tear up a little. The emotions of the characters were conveyed extremely well, and Andromeda's personality was very realistic and well-rounded. Kudos to writing in second person; it really helped with connecting to her. I love your writing style and I look forward to reading more of your work.
tangledconstellations chapter 3 . 8/26/2012
This is the most beautiful Andromeda fic I've read, it never fails to bring tears to my eyes. Wonderfully written. 3
CallingxallxANGELS chapter 3 . 4/2/2012
This is beautiful, I loved it. The black family really intrigues me, and I think you portrayed their feelings surrounding them perfectly. Please can you write another Harry Potter fanfic, but I understand if you won't interests come and go, but just know that it would be really appreciated. Thank you again.
watery-silver chapter 3 . 12/6/2011
The use of second person narration totally drew me into the feelings of Andromeda, so much so that I cried along with her when she breaks down. The character of Andromeda has been some minor character before this. And you have brought her to life)
Ember Nickel chapter 2 . 8/22/2011
I like this depiction of Andromeda as a Quidditch star, and all the other players getting killed through the years.
Ember Nickel chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
I like the idea of her trying to get Teddy to remember, and her thoughts when she saw Bellatrix' body.
starry-eyed-ocean chapter 3 . 8/2/2011
I can honestly say that this is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read.

Thank you so much for writing it.
Sweet Minaa chapter 3 . 7/1/2011
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. You captured all of the characters so well, especially Andromeda.

Plus, your story was really moving, especially since I've always felt so bad for Andromeda. Losing her whole family once was bad enough, but losing her family must have been awful. Atleast she still has Teddy though.
Araedia chapter 3 . 4/21/2011
Oh. My. God. This story was so BRILLIANT! I have read very few second person fics here, and I have to say this was probably the best. You got everyone's emotions down perfectly, and what's even better, you succeeded in making the reader feel them too. I think this is a perfect example of the 'Show, don't tell' maxim that all authors go on about.