Reviews for My Love for His Quirks
Guest chapter 26 . 10/28/2014
I know this was written a few years ago, and I've read it several times. It's very good.

The thing I can never get over, however, is why JD, and everyone around him, acts like the kiss at the picnic was his fault. JD clearly said no to Dr. Cox several times, and tried to leave, then Cox kissed him against his will - to which he responded - only to come back to himself, push the guy away and leave the situation.

The thing is if JD had been a woman and an abusive ex-boyfriend had kissed her when she said no, it would have been sexual assault.

Considering that Turk already knew that JD had been abused by Cox, Todd knew he'd been abused by someone, and when everything was revealed, everyone else learned about the abuse, why did not one of them think to ask how the kiss happened. Not one person who deals with abuse cases all the time thought, "gee, this emotionally fragile person used to be in a hidden abusive relationship with this other person. I wonder if he willingly cheated, or if the abuser may have forced or manipulated him?"

I get that JD may have felt it was entirely his fault. That's what happens when people who with naturally submissive personalities find themselves taken advantage of. Dr. Cox even planted the suggestion himself. But JD went around saying things like "I wish I hadn't let Perry kiss me." That should have been a red flag to his close friends that maybe the abuse victim hadn't willing gone back to his abuser.

It just always seems strange to me that instead of addressing this much darker and long-standing issue, everyone just threw up their hands and did the old dancing around each other until the finally forgive each other and ride off into the sunset trope.

Still, good story overall. I just can never seem to reconcile that issue.
No Just Dot chapter 7 . 2/17/2014
Awwwwww! Cute! I'm normally a jdox girl but as far as THIS story goes I'm all for the Todd! GO jodd! BTW I lone bernaked ladies!
Vanessa Masters chapter 5 . 5/11/2013
Oh Boy! Perry is gonna BEAT the shit out of poor JD for that Hickey!
GirlWhoLikesJDox chapter 11 . 7/26/2012
Poor Perry. :,(
KitsuneDango chapter 26 . 3/4/2011
this is the best story in the whole entire world!
Otherwise Known As chapter 26 . 9/27/2010
yeah . . . so i officially worship you now. just so you know. because what do i love better than some good anghst? A great happy ending! and you gave me alll of that. so thank you
Otherwise Known As chapter 25 . 9/27/2010
-sigh- At last! once omore all is right within the JDodd world! and i love you even more for it!
Otherwise Known As chapter 24 . 9/27/2010
aww, the drama is at last winding down. it makes me both sad and happy to think of it
Otherwise Known As chapter 23 . 9/27/2010
oh good lord. this is some seriously fucked up sh*t. evil cliffhangers.
Otherwise Known As chapter 22 . 9/27/2010
x_x anghst. overdose. and i loved every moment of it
Otherwise Known As chapter 21 . 9/27/2010
w00t go alicia! and apparently madame carla is rubbing off on turk bcause he too seems to know eevry thing
Otherwise Known As chapter 20 . 9/27/2010
why must you torturethem, and me vicariusly? but it good.
Otherwise Known As chapter 19 . 9/27/2010
o good lord i think i'm gonna cry too. but what an exciting way to air out some dirty laundry . . .
Otherwise Known As chapter 18 . 9/27/2010
why? why why WHY?
Otherwise Known As chapter 17 . 9/27/2010
say it ain't so janitor! say it aint so . . . alas i feel perry going down a slippery road to madness and it's hard to know if he can come back from it. also thanks to you i have now downloaded about a thousand disney songs on to my mp3 player, including can u feel the love to night.