Reviews for Lost In The Woods
Elton chapter 14 . 6/23
This story was FANTASTIC. I thought you nailed it all around.
Thanks for sharing...
Outasync chapter 14 . 6/19
This is such a great story! The Enterprise is ridiculously over-powered in the Firefly-verse, but you manage to blend the two worlds into a compelling story. Thank you for sharing it here. I look foward to reading more of your work.
PascalDragon chapter 14 . 5/21
Nice little crossover and interesting moral conflicts for Picard and his crew. I liked the interactions between the two crews and I think you've captured the different personalities of Serenity's crew very well. :)
madsloth chapter 14 . 5/4
this was a pretty good story. I almost stopped reading at the first chapter because of how OCC Picard was. but I am glad I gave it a shot.

thanks for writing it.
marduk-report chapter 14 . 3/24
The warm and fuzzies are real.

Wily old coyote.

I imagined john de lancie for every second. Was glorious.
Wrin chapter 14 . 3/7
That was awesome! I love Q, even when he's a dick. You write well, so I think I'll see if you've got anything else in store for me. Thanks!
Aspiring Mythmaker chapter 7 . 2/28
This is a great story. It's not easy to be entertaining while also juggling these kind of murky moral questions, but you manage both very well. The clashing tones make it hard to avoid compromising characters for the sake of the narrative, so I was pleased to see that everyone is well grounded.

The Star Trek elements are particularly well-represented here. It's surprising how few authors have the patience to tell a story that stays true to the spirit of this series, but you didn't take any shortcuts. Everything is established, explained, and discussed like it is in the show, and the result, in my mind, compares favorably with canon story-lines. Consequently, the result is a somewhat uneven fusion, with Star Trek being the dominant partner in this crossover, but the sequel turns the tables in a way that I find balances the overall narrative.

If there is one element of this story that bothered me, it was Chapter 10. While it wasn't strictly necessary for the story you told, I can't help but see the one-month time jump as a missed opportunity to more thoroughly involve the crew of Serenity in the story. It also makes the introduction of the Reavers a bit more jarring than I feel it could have been, since this is the first time the two have spoken one-on-one. On the whole, though, I don't think it tangibly weakens the story.

Overall, this is a very solid crossover, and an enjoyable story in its own right.
Starfox5 chapter 14 . 11/5/2015
Beautiful story, and the characterization and diaoluge is spot on - I can see the characters acting and sounding like that in the shows. Well done!
Afalstein chapter 14 . 7/22/2015
Daggone it, i have work to do! I wasn't going to spend the evening reading an awesome and engaging crossover fic between the two best series I've never seen!

Good stuff. Would have appreciated less meeting-exposition pieces and more amusing interactions between the Trek and Firefly ensembles. Some of the action scenes fell a bit flat, though considering Enterprises power it's hard to see how they would NOT be. (Still, could we have seen the fight in the medical wing?) Also Mal waxed a bit... didactic on Reavers-understandable given the context.

But. I loved the test Q set up, I loved Serenity's reaction to everything enterprise-y (particularly the first time they saw it), I loved River's mix of insanity and lucidity, and her interaction with Troi. And I loved... well. I loved a lot about this fic. Many thanks for the read.
salamangkero chapter 1 . 5/10/2015
nicely done. thank you.
Obsidius chapter 14 . 4/28/2015
awesome story. great crossover, thanks!
Whyhow chapter 13 . 4/14/2015
This is a really clever way of doing an AU: the alternative elements come only as a consequence of the plot events and the whole thing is secondary to the plot, not the whole point. This would actually be a better starting point than most for a post-Serenity AU, especially exploring the results of River being partially relieved from the burden of Miranda but not to the same extent as after the BDM and the 'Verse not knowing about Miranda.
Whyhow chapter 5 . 4/13/2015
I like the incorporation of Chinese into the conversations, but it would be helpful to those of us who don't speak Mandarin if you provided translations somewhere.
Almadynis Rayne chapter 14 . 2/16/2015
*laughs*
How interesting. Sometimes, there is no right answer...or perhaps better put: sometimes, you must do the right thing, no matter your own views on the matter. You did well with Picard. Good job!
KaitOfChange chapter 11 . 12/15/2014
I would just like to say that this is an utterly fantastic fic and this chapter in particular contains some fantastic moments, and I am a huge fan of River's initial reaction to Q there. It's so... poetic. No speaking for Q XD