Reviews for Lost In The Woods
Lt. Commander Richie chapter 14 . 11/1/2009
This... This is a work of art. I commend you on your ability to take two things and stick them together like you've done here in such a perfect fashion. I've read good fiction before, and this is right up there with what I like to call some of the better stuff available.

Well done. Well done indeed.
Blackdex chapter 14 . 8/27/2009
Good piece, very good read. ciao
DaRAGE chapter 14 . 8/10/2009
Now that was an awesome story. Very very enjoyable. Thank you for that ;-P
curious chapter 14 . 8/9/2009
Well done. Near pitch perfect on the characters and my hat is tipped to you in regards to Dr. Crushers explanation of how the Reaver's became what they were. Bravo.
Dreylin chapter 14 . 8/3/2009
I loved this story, and that with both sides outside of my usual fanfic fandoms (though I'm a fan of both shows). Both sides felt very accurate to me, and even better, the way they interacted with each other felt right too. I was impressed with the technobabble too. It made sense. You weren't really shy with it either, and it *made sense*! I mean, I guess in order for the TNG stuff to feel like TNG, there would need to be some technical explanations offered... but damn! If it weren't for the fantastical nature of the story, I'd think you just did the research and got that stuff right. I'm not entirely certain you didn't. I think I have to do some research my own self, now. Gorram it!
Bone White Butterfly chapter 14 . 8/2/2009
You saved Wash and Book! Or rather, Q did, thus completely side-stepping the film plotline. That totally slipped past me until the end. So now I'm all smiling and loon-like.

It was an interesting what-if. On one hand, the Star Trek folks have taken a psychological blow by committing genocide. On the other hand, a universe just got a whole lot safer and the Serenity crew is now rich as kings. I like the complexity of that, its bittersweet taste.

All in all, great story.

C.E.
librarywitch chapter 14 . 6/12/2009
Brava! Brava! That was such a well done tale about my two favorite ladies, Enterpirse and Serenity! You did an excellant job of portraying each crew. Foo dog is such a good name for Worf! Yippe to Mal and River for doing however temporary damage to the Q.
CelineSSauve chapter 14 . 6/9/2009
I sat down and read this in one evening. Amazingly done, especially since it states the facts of the movie without actually leaving the 'Verse in a state in which those events could have actually taken place. Bravo!
Blueninja33 chapter 14 . 5/29/2009
Great story! I have to say that next to Data Q is my fav character from ST:TNG. You hate him so much one episode, then you can't help but feel for him the next.
Blueninja33 chapter 13 . 5/29/2009
Love how Q pretty much gifted them everything they got out of the movie for free and still got to keep Book and Wash.

However, being the stickler that I am about Firefly I feel compelled to correct you on one of Mal's lines.

"If I believed in God I'd pray for you."

Just to be clear, Nathan Fillion himself said during a Panel at Dragon Con in response to a question about Mal no longer believing in God: "Mal never stopped believing in God. He still believes in God...he just doesn't like Him."
Blueninja33 chapter 6 . 5/28/2009
I just have to say that this is written brilliantly. Very well done on all characterizations. In truth this is my 3rd time reading this and only my first time reviewing. My apologies for that. Keep up the good work.
Sylla chapter 14 . 5/25/2009
Well, I must say that this has been a thoroughly enjoyable read.

Of course, there were a couple technical problems with the story: for one thing, the dialog tags are incorrectly punctuated. When you have someone speaking, and then a dialog tag like 'he said' or 'she asked', it should be a comma and a small letter rather than a period and a capital letter. Like so:

'"I'm glad you're okay," she said.' That's the correct way to do it. (This is actually something that ticks a lot of people off - and it's really glaring once you're used to doing it the right way. Er, just sayin'.)

In addition, there were a couple of jarring misspellings, such as 'discrete' where you really meant 'discreet'. ('Discrete means individually separate and distinct; 'discreet' means careful, tactful, etc. So Serenity was parked a discreet distance from the Enterprise.

But, of course, with the bad comes the good - and the good is excellent. The way you have melded both 'verses is truly masterful, and it shows you have a good hand on both series' canon. The dialog - one of the best things about this story - is most always entertaining, and you've managed to capture each person's 'voice' - their personality, etc. - wonderfully. Q, as always, is an unmitigated b*stard, the slang of the crew of Serenity is spot-on... I could literally hear Mal, Picard and Data (the three crown jewels of characterization) in my imagination as I read.

Hmm... this story is not finished, though, is it? Because, well, there's still the issue of what will happen when the Enterprise gets back, what Q's ulterior motive was (I mean, sure, save a bunch of humans and bring Picard down a peg, but there's always more where Q is concerned), and... well, let's just say that the whole thing about the Reavers breeding by infection started to ring alarm bells in my head when I remembered that Worf had gotten cut by that thing. D: (I don't even know if you're planning to pursue that line of thought... but it was an idea.)

So, to summarize this excessively lengthy piece of concrit: a very good fic with an excellent plot, with just a couple minor flaws that drag it down on occasion. I shall be putting it on alerts as I see that it's not marked as Complete, and I hope to be able to read more soon. :)
Flash Foreward chapter 14 . 5/24/2009
This is a really good melding of TNG and Firefly. You mix elements of both shows together very well, bringing the scenario to life and making it very believable. Great work!
Mackon chapter 14 . 5/24/2009
Great story! Enjoyed every bit of it.

Thanks much!