Reviews for When You're Making Other Plans
gerbilHunter chapter 19 . 9/3
"I usually try to avid cartoon physiology..."

Once you accept that a human being can be accelerated from dead stop to invisible without being turned into strawberry jam, a little cartoon physiology is nothing.

I just started reading KP fanfic about a month ago, and I've read several of yours now. This is my first review, and it's not really a review, just a note to say I'm enjoying your stuff.
Alene with an E chapter 20 . 10/12/2014
Excellent story took me like two days to read it since i couldn't put it down! Good amount of fluff and the plot was great. I got so sad when kim got home and shego wasnt there:( This was a g
Fantastc sequel loved it!
lesbinope chapter 20 . 4/22/2014
You're honestly so funny gosh I could read your stories forever
honoradele chapter 20 . 11/21/2013
Standard Request: Please, can we have some more?

Good story!
yuyuyashasrain chapter 20 . 11/1/2013
Guess I'm a bit slow on the uptake lol. I didn't start Under the Boardwalk until yesterday. But I've gotta say, this is one of the best KiGo stories ever written. True to all the characters, excellent plot, good amount of fluff. Although I may resent the fact that I have now taken too long on breaks at work for two days because I just couldn't stop reading... Lol. Anyway, loved the whole thing, start to finish, especially Shego's cleverness and Dr. Director's offer and Wade's reservations about the shoes. All of that made it clear that you had an actual story in mind when writing this, and it was not just for the sake of fluff. It's so hard to find a good pairing with a decent plot that doesn't have all the other characters obsessing about getting them together 24/7, and just some filler plot thrown in the middle. When they do that, the plot ends up so lousy that you end up waiting for development to be over and just wishing for more fluff. Defeats the purpose of reading anything longer than a one-shot, if you ask me. Your plot kept me in good suspense, though, and to top it all off none of the dialogue was overdone. Everybody sounded so professional, like the rest of the world still turned while Kim and Shego were busy being afraid of each other. And anohter thing, after which I promise I'll shut up: I think the use of a third-person omniscient point of view was the perfect way to combat them not being able to communicate. Even if neither one of them knew what the other was thinking, we still did. Really cool, all in all. Loved it.
aIetto chapter 16 . 6/12/2013
What kind of organisation would allow executions without trial and what kind of person would want that? You can't write stuff like that in a charter.
I think I know what you're trying to accomplish with this character, but he seems to... unreasonable to be authentic.
I haven't read the whole story though, so I can't make a conclusive verdict.
aIetto chapter 4 . 6/11/2013
The chapter reminded me of my hate for GJ again. An organization fighting crime world wide in secret that stands above or at least beyond the law and is named Global Justice didn't make sense in the show and it doesn't make sense in a fanfic. It's ridiculous and it makes me angry because I heard that kind of idiocy before. After all, it's for our safety, isn't it? That justifies everything.
And why would anyone trade Shego for Drakken?
Okay, I'll stop ranting now.
whtever9900 chapter 13 . 11/25/2012
it's 3 AM... this fic is amazingly interesting and well written. now I must sleep.
DarkndAngel9 chapter 20 . 1/26/2011
That was great! Even though I wanted to whack Kim and Shego over the head for just not talking to each other! It would've made their lives so much easier! I literally lol'd when Shego answered the phone. I can't believe she would do that! It's no wonder Anne doesn't like her XD "us mutant freaks have to stick together" awesome story
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 20 . 9/12/2010
Boy, I finished reading this story four days ago but I almost forgot to review. AHEM! Let’s see how it goes…

Let’s start with the portrayal of KiGo in this episode. To start with, I must say I can certainly see what you meant by driving the readers crazy. Kim and Shego can be quite exasperating in this story. But as a fan of well built romance, I actually applaud this more cynical version. And this fic provides just that, a situation where the pairing of KiGo is not taking as ideal by anyone, not even Kim and Shego, and is constantly put on trial. There’s always the backs and forth, with them keeping their thoughts to themselves which never does any good, to them being nice to each other when an opportunity is presented. It keeps us all on the edge, wondering if the situation is gonna switch for the best or the worse on the next event, and all in all, it’s freaking great.

And seeing almost the whole fic is build around that, I dunno what else to say. Well, no, there’s much more I could say, actually. Let’s start by the characters around the couple.

Not surprised by Kim’s parents’ reaction, that much was expected. Though I was surprised there was so little from James. Ron, on the other hand… well, this is about the most antagonistic I’ve seen him from you. But then again, his more selfish, flawed portrayal in early chapters felt more accurate with what Canon last left us of him than many other works seen around lately, yet it still portrays him in a better light by the end.

I’m a bit indecisive about what to think of Betty, though. She was such a bitch in early chapters that it was hard to sympathize with her in any other occasion, and more than once I wanted karma biting HER in the ass, so I was kinda glad every time Shego kept getting on her nerves.

And while brief and not too explored, the Global Justice OCs were all fun guys and did a good job complementing the story.

Now, my ONE big complain about this fic is its latest arc, the one with the Bebes. Why? Because it turns this fic from a greatly built love story into the cliché-ish “Save your loved one for the climax and live happy ever after” scenario that has been seen over a million times already. And the Bebes don’t play an interesting antagonist, and there’s really nothing memorable from all that, and it brought that need to explain Kim’s physic which, outside of the plot, is totally pointless. And seriously, the story was holding itself pretty well on the romantic aspect, was to bring an action sequence really needed? If anything, the whole conspiracy behind GJ felt a lot more interesting, yet remained unexplored.

But anyway… outside of the issue with the latest arc, I think this may be one of my favourite KiGo fics regarding the romantic aspect. And dunno if you’re planning, but this “Series”, if it can be called that, sure feels like it still more potential to explore.

And well, that’s my review of this fic. See you next time!

Yours, “No Clue What To Put Here Today” Alexander/Alexlayer
AliceLife chapter 9 . 4/6/2010
ah tell each other you love each other already! i'm going crazy here. girls.

on the other hand. yay there's more *dances with joy*
AliceLife chapter 6 . 4/6/2010
i love your stories..they always manage to make my day better no matter how bad it was thanks

also i like where this is going and i need to go to bed now but i want to know what happens next :(
Well of Silence chapter 20 . 3/19/2010
a little more angst than i normally like, but a wonderfully told sequel. :))
Chikiko chapter 20 . 2/13/2010
Amazing! i had started to read this story long ago (i think) adn then seemingly stopped for some unknown unexplainable reason. in any case am glad i refound it. it was simply amazing. you made me laugh and cry. and it got so dramatic. this sorry remind me of why i like you're righting so much. it was a great example of what a story should and could be like.
Daryl chapter 20 . 6/5/2009
great story. i love a happy ending where everything gets resolved. yay kigo