Reviews for Last Generation
ijustwannasay chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
*wipes tears and blows nose*
This is an idea I've always wandered about and this is surprisingly the only fanfic that touches up on the "What if Denzel and Marlene have to take on the responsibilities of AVALANCHE?" scenario (then again I haven't been looking too hard). The image of Tifa leaping out the door telling the kids to be in bed but never returning was just ...*shivers* I don't what it is about it, but reading that part...*shiver shivery shivers*
aichioluv chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
ahhh... denzel and marlene grown up! somehow i never come across this duo... strange.

highly emotional chapter. i didn't understand what a bo-staff meant, but hehehe that's not important i guess.

'shinra left many nasties?' why did that sound like reno? :P and the pink ribbon was a nice touch to the ending.
Ocean's Nocturne of the COCA chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
I'd actually be really interested to see a continuation of this idea; I know it's meant to be a one shot, but it's a good story with a lot of potential. If the fancy ever hits you. :)
DarkTeaParty19 chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
really good story I enjoyed it you should write something like this again XD
ZoraMalfoy chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
Great! I love the look at what the future could hold for Denzel and Marlene. The line "Just another hopeless dream" was completely heart wrenching, considering everything Tifa and the rest of AVALANCHE went through to try and protect Denzel and Marlene over the years. I also loved the image of Marlene carrying a bo and wearing leather gloves. The fact that they still wore pink ribbons to honor the fallen was also a nice touch. I definitely really enjoyed this one and really want to know how all of the other characters died.

Now I'm stuck with a bunch of DenzelxMarlene plot bunnies, so I'll just get going. Great job!

Take Care,

Zora
Kattzia chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
I've read this several times now, come across it quite a few times when reading. And it makes me sad every single time. It's simple, but effective. I enjoyed it, but am almost crying at the implications of Tifa and Cloud dead. The last time the kids saw them... No! Cloud's character reflected in Denzel and Tifa's in Marlene. Excellent.
chibi heishi chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
Oh, wow. Poor kids - all Cloud and the gang's dreams came to nearly nothing, didn't they? The world wasn't destroyed, but it's a brutal, bloody place for the ones they'd tried so hard to protect. In a way it's inspiring that the pair are still fighting on, but it's kind of depressing, too. It's really good, though.
PhinalPhantasy chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Interesting idea. Seems a shame that it's a one shot though.
naughtybit chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
I'm curious to know just how long that song was. You managed to squeeze in quite a bit in so little time. Now, do you think you can put that song on 'REPEAT' and type up some more please?