Reviews for Monkey Love III: Dangers of Reminiscing
Lstcryptonian chapter 12 . 6/18/2014
I love this story, loved all three please keep writing. i cant wait to see what happens
Maximillianna chapter 12 . 8/9/2012
_ Is that it? Is that ALL YOU HAVE SO FAR?! I was so deep into the reading that I hadn't noticed it only had 12 chapters. What happened? Writer's block? Did you lose inspiration? Either way, don't leave me hanging!
Hawk Vercetti chapter 12 . 11/26/2010

I loved your last two stories, and I was really excited for this one.

But it appears that it has been discontinued.

I'm very sad for this..

You are a fantastic writer and it's hard to find those these days.

I'm impressed that you could capture Monkey Fist's personality so well, not a lot of people can xDD

I hope that someday you will either continue this, or you will write another Monty/OC story.

Much love 3
VampireNaomi chapter 12 . 6/14/2009
Man, I'm so sorry that it took me this long to review! I've been so busy lately that I haven't even had the time to read anyone's fics, so reviewing has been a complete no-no.

Anyway, I like the new developments and the potential this chapter promises. It amuses me to no end how worried Hasani's parents are about him going to public school. I'm sure it's going to be tons of fun to read about whatever will happen to him.

The scene in which Abidemi is preparing for school is a great contrast to the previous scene with Hasani. While Monty and Nukpana are worried about their son, Zuri is more concerned with her mission. Again, you did an excellent job at illustrating the differences between Zuri and Nukpana.

Maybe it's because of the relatively short chapters, but I sometimes feel that the story is not always advancing as strongly as it could. While all the events so far have been interesting, things have been pretty quiet and non-threatening all the way through. I can't really explain what I mean, but I think the story would benefit from longer chapters that let you show more developed scenarios. Every time I read a chapter, it's already over just when I'm getting into it. It subtracts from the enjoyment a little.

In any case, I can't for more. It'll be tons of fun to see Hasani and Abidemi meet for the first time.
VampireNaomi chapter 11 . 4/27/2009
Ooh, what a wonderful little scene! Monty's rage and disappointment were very well portrayed and perfectly in character. Hasani's thoughts and his yearning for love and attention were also well done and made me again feel for him. While this was a short chapter, I still got a great deal of enjoyment out of it. Nice work.
VampireNaomi chapter 10 . 4/3/2009
Wow! This chapter took me by surprise. Almost all of it went like I had been expecting, but then you pulled that twist in the end. This was a very interesting plot development, and I'll be very interested in seeing how the story goes from here.

It was lots of fun seeing Nukpana and Monty interact with Sensei and Yori. It was clear that even though the past has been put behind them, there is still some tension there. Maybe not with Nukpana, but everyone's reaction to Monty certainly was a bit icy. I think Yori is well within her rights to be suspicious of him, and I enjoyed every moment she had in this chapter.

It's too bad that Hasani won't be able to go to Yamanouchi, but I think this might be good for him in the long run. He really shouldn't be pushing himself too far with that lung problem he has. Going to a normal school in America is probably going to be a great experience for him and a good chance to have some friends. Also, I wonder what Monty's reaction to this development will be. Is he going to be angry, disappointed or what? I can't wait to find out!

By the way, your summary says that some man from Nukpana's village will appear eventually. Any plans about him? I'm really curious about his role.
PengyChan chapter 9 . 3/19/2009
This was a really interesting chapter, and it was great to see it was longer than usual since it gives the reader more to chew and definitely got the plot forward.

First off, the scene in the castle was a great read. It was fun getting to see more of their everyday lives, and some of Nukpana's lines simply cracked me up. Other than that, considering their age gap, it does make sense that they would be somewhat worried about the idea one of them could pass away first (though I must admit I was just a little taken aback by how Monty thought he had loved her since the first moment they met - wasn't she thirteen when they met?). How Nukpana reassured him and got him some tea was a heartwarming moment.

It was also great to see more of Hasani. Poor kid, Monty definitely is hard on him - good to see Nakpana is there to comfort him...and so is Chippy. The idea of Chippy being like a nanny to him is just adorable X3

Just one thing - shouldn't both Monty and Nukpana be more careful with Hasani's lungs? As a matter of fact, they don't seem to take in much consideration the fact Kim's mom told them he could die if he got through too much effort. In her review Maria suggested MMP could have something to do with the fact he isn't as affected by his lung problem as he probably should, and I guess it would make a valid explanation if true - then again, if that was the case, Monty and Nukpana wouldn't know it anyway, so I have some trouble thinking they (especially Nukpana) would want to send her son in a place where he would do intensive training that, for what they knows, could easily cost him his life. Don't know, I feel like they aren't really careful about that.

The scene with Zuri and Abidemi was another great moment - poor guy, it's no wonder he would like to know his father despite everything. I like it how he somewhat envies and pities Hasani: he has health trouble, but he does have a father and his mother is more caring than Zuri is.

Speaking of her, she's so focused on her desire of revenge that she's almost scary. I wonder how this will affect Abidemi, since she seems to mostly view him as a tool to get her revenge. Speaking of them, are we going to find out how they knew about Yamanouchi and how they knew Monty was going there? That rather got me curious, especially since it's supposedly a secret school.

All in all, this was a very interesting read, and I'm looking forward to see what happens next!
VampireNaomi chapter 9 . 3/17/2009
This chapter felt somehow very fresh and like the story has suddenly got a new beginning. It seems somehow disconnected from the previous ones, but I don't think it's a bad thing. Clearly peaceful musings of the characters' current lives are over and we're now getting to the actual story with action and great character development. I'm sure it's going to be an awesome ride.

I must wonder about Hasani's lungs a little. In the previous story, it was stressed that he would never be able to do much physical activities, and yet he's going through intense training and hiking to Yamanouchi where he will start ninja training. Is there a reason he is able to do this? The little breathing difficulties he's showing feel kind of tame after Kim's mom said that he would die if he was physically active. I'm wondering if he has inherited some of Monty's MMP that is helping him.

I loved that final scene with Zuri and Abidemi! It's by far my favourite moment in the story at this point. I could almost see and hear them as they talked, and the landscape somehow felt very real to me. I'm enjoying your portrayal of Abidemi and how he feels both sympathy and hatred for Hasani. Somehow I'd like to think that the adults would be consumed by their problems and that Hasani and Abidemi would come to an understanding and put an end to this circle of hate.
Katsumara chapter 9 . 3/15/2009
Fantastic chapter. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. I wish you and the families well. [
Katsumara chapter 8 . 3/7/2009
Oh, next chapter should be quite interesting. Monkey Fist returning to a place of many crimes. Wonder how that'll be received.
VampireNaomi chapter 8 . 3/3/2009
This was again a great chapter. It didn't further the plot much, but I enjoyed the calm interaction between Nukpana, Kim and Ron. It gave us some more info about their lives and illustrated what good friends they are. Now that Monty wasn't there to create drama with Ron, they came off as perfectly normal people - or as normal as these characters can be. ;)

It was a great idea to have Hasani enrolled in Yamanouchi. That's a solution that should make everyone happy because on one hand, Hasani gets to learn exactly those things that Monty wants him to master and on the other hand, he gets away from the constant pressure and can start making friends. I can't wait to see what Yamanouchi will be like for him and whether there's going to be any drama because of his father's actions against the school in the past.
PengyChan chapter 7 . 2/10/2009
You know, the more the story goes on, the more I look forward to the moment Monty will face Zuri and, most of all, Abidemi. I bet it's going to be a great moment.

Anyway, on to the chapter. I really liked it how the characters' feeling and thoughts were portayed, especially Abidemi. Poor guy, he surely didn't have an easy life - Zuri doesn't seem to be the best mother around. Then again, her life wasn't easy either, especially not after her meeting with Monty. Maybe things could have been different if she didn't let her desire of revenge overtake her, than again Monty has his good share of responsibility for the hardship both her an Abidemi had to endure. As I already said, I can barely wait for them to meet face to face.

Oh, and that family scene was really good as well. The idea of Chippy waking Hasani up at morning made me grin for a while - it must not be the best alarm clock in the world, no matter how cute it is XD

The interaction between Monty and Nukpana was great. It's clear they have different ideas when it comes to their son's education and there is a little tension because of that, still the scene had a very homey feeling in it. Man, now I feel bad for Hasani since he's most likely going to be caught in the middle of a mess when Zuri and Abidemi show up. Poor kid.
VampireNaomi chapter 7 . 2/5/2009
I think this story just keeps getting better and better with each chapter. I was able to feel every character's feelings in this chapter and connect with all of them, even if I didn't sympathise with the hole cast.

I don't know how to feel about Zuri. Her hatred and bitterness were very strongly conveyed in this chapter, and I do feel a little bad for her after all that she has suffered because of Monty. However, at the same time I feel that she wouldn't be this miserable if she hadn't let her thirst for revenge take over her life. I'm really looking forward to how things will turn out for her.

Abidemi, on the other hand, is still my favourite of your OCs in this story. He feels like a very three-dimensional character with his loyalty to his mother and his confusion about their actions and life in general.

It was a great to see that glimpse of normal morning life at Monty and Nukpana's place. I liked Monty's brief appearance here. He really needs to get a grip about the way he's treating Hasani.

I'll be looking forward to the next chapter.
PengyChan chapter 6 . 1/19/2009
...hey, I told you I would read it as soon as I got the time, didn't I? Sorry for the delay, but I've been awfully busy lately and I kept forgetting :P

Ahah, that sounds exactly like an airport: messy, and noisy, and crowded. No wonder Abidemi didn't like it at all - not to mention that watching happy families must be a torture for the poor guy. I really feel sorry for him.

I got a massive chuckle out of the last scene. Looks like Zuri is someone you wouldn't want to mess with XD I can't wait to see what happens when they finally reach their destination.
Katsumara chapter 6 . 1/17/2009
Fantastic chapter. Do keep it up, won't you?