Reviews for The Truth of the Matter
seventhpoet chapter 1 . 5/7
The one word I would use to honestly describe this story is "sad." Your interpretation of a young Naruto and his childhood was spot-on, and somehow that made thinks lonelier. No matter how awed people are of him now and how he has gained the respect he deserved, his childhood trauma and abuse are nothing to gloss over. It's sad, I think, because he's never had the sense of normalcy that his peers, the people who have become his closest and most trusted friends later on, had when they were children. He couldn't afford to cry over how unfair the world was to him because in his eyes, it would make him weak. And what would self-pity do when everyone around him quite clearly showed their contempt and lack of faith in his talents? Naruto, from the beginning, has always been one of my favorite characters. He's had a difficult life, but despite that, he never stopped smiling. He didn't let terrible memories and generally awful lifestyle deter him, hinder him from achieving his dreams, and that's admirable, isn't it? And in your story, you portrayed that beautifully: the determined, never-go-back-on-my-way Naruto that this fandom has fallen in love with for more than a decade, and continue doing so. Thank you for writing such a nice story. An additional plus for adding Minato! (I'm really fond of the guy.)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/16/2016
Thank you, this story warmed my heart so much I thought I might cry! Thanks so much for writing such a cute and loving little story, it was great! Not all of it was sweet, and I'm glad you showed the other sides to his story as well. So thank you for giving me something to read right now that was so great! Thanks!:)
Bochord of Leaspell chapter 1 . 5/22/2016
This made me fucking CRY you asshole...(holyshitALLTHEFEELZ)
Guest chapter 1 . 5/12/2016
Really sad but really good
TorturedGuitar chapter 1 . 5/9/2016
There could be more to this story, but it is still the best Naruto fic I've ever read!I really liked when Minato appeared!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/14/2015
rofc (rolling on the floor, crying)
secondstardust chapter 1 . 7/10/2015
This story is so well done. I really like that you've included Shikamaru, Chouji, and Kiba; maybe they weren't friends quite yet, but they were there, which makes up, in a small way, for how lonely Naruto was as a kid, and that goes for Iruka as well. Overall, I think this is one of the best stories about Naruto's childhood I've read, or at least it feels the most true. You pierced me right in the heart with that surprise Minato appearance though :)
Star Angel7169 chapter 1 . 11/21/2014
Such a sad and beautiful ending! I liked the beginning too and though the way you wrote it was a little confusing, I still loved it. Thanks for writing this fanfiction! -Star
tanithlipsky chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
interesting
Lord Geovanni chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
Interesting story... but it is complete? This is quite a weird one-shot. It actually feels as if there was more to the story.
Mukuro234 chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
I lved reading this it was very interesting
shelwyn chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
I'm almost about to cry my eyes are burning. Sad
Dorcyy chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
I loved it. It was really touching.
mndstjohn chapter 1 . 1/11/2013