Reviews for For Just A Few Moments
miXiZ chapter 1 . 3/19
Interesting and nicely written... i just wish u had taken it a bit further :)
windscryer chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
You know, it's funny . . . I never realized this episode was missing a scene.

This is now part of my personal canon. Because damn if it doesn't just slide right into place like the spot was just waiting for it. (And by the way, the CW and Kripke do not even know what they are missing out on by not adding you to the staff for this show. Shame on them.)

I love how it captures the feelings from the scene-and from the boys-so perfectly.

Sam's worry, his sudden realization that it's his turn to make things right, to fix things, and the accompanying realization that he is woefully unprepared for this moment. Even his mental post-it about the seats and how he has to fix them echoes of his need to step up and take charge. Things won't be right until the Impala, their silent fourth family member, is as clean and whole as the rest of them after this ordeal.

John's refusal of help is so characteristically him and it makes me want to both hug him and kick his good leg out from under him. I get that he's tired, that he's ready for this two-decade crusade to be over with. But the bloody idjit could take half a second to appreciate the fact that his baby boy hesitated to shoot him even after that disastrous fight way back when, that his oldest son plead for his life, knowing that it would prolong the pain caused by his mother's death. Dear stars, I want to belt that man sometimes!

And Dean. Oh my blessed bloody Dean. The damn boy is unconscious and he still manages to steal the spotlight with the way his overwhelming need to sacrifice everything and never ask for anything in return becomes the focal point, the impetus driving Sam's sudden maturation into an adult, not just the tagalong little brother anymore but the one in charge, the one responsible for everyone's safety. Great mother of ducks, that boy makes me want to hug him until he whimpers like a little girl! And you caught him perfectly, just the right mix of unsung hero and pitiful martyr.

Favorite line, hands down, no contest, has to be this one: 'And while Sam didn't know if he could live with himself after shooting his father, he knew for a fact that he wouldn't be able to live with something Dean couldn't forgive him for.'

GUH. IF THAT DOESN'T SUM UP SAMMY BEFORE DEAN WENT TO HELL, I DON'T KNOW WHAT DOES.

Now if only he could freaking remember this now that Dean is back . . . DAMN YOU SAMMY. *throttles his lovely giraffe neck*

. . .

Oh hey. That *is* kind of fun. Well now I know why all the supernatural beasties like doing that. :D

I have no clue how I missed this story the first time around, but oh man am I glad I found it buried in my 'to read' folder in my e-mail inbox.

Your skill with words-in a non-native language no less-never ceases to amaze me. Please, for the love of all that is good and Winchester, do not stop writing these boys!
xkittybluex chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
very well done

keep the good work up
bhoney chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
I liked this a lot. Especially this: "And while Sam didn't know if he could live with himself after shooting his father, he knew for a fact that he wouldn't be able to live with something Dean couldn't forgive him for." Very nice.
finajk chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
"The seats were going to get bloody."

That made this fic for me. In the middle of all the trauma, the fact that Sam had the thought he would need to clean the Impala before Dean saw it.

Thanks!
Ani-maniac494 chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
It's funny, I love so many incredible episodes of Supernatural, but I think that Devil's Trap and IMTOD will always be my favorites. :D

I really liked this look at the moments in between the cabin and the car, and I loved how Sam feels some of the burden Dean always carries.

I don't suppose there's any chance you'd consider writing a second part from Sam's POV for IMTOD, is there? *does a very poor imitation of Sam's puppy-dog eyes*

Again, great work! :)

Ani-maniac494
bia1007 chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
Thought about this missing scene so often and finally I do have my answer, thank you so much for this, think this expresses Sam’s feelings and fear his brother in a perfect way, haunting scenes and the heart of it all was for me when Sam put Dean in the car behind the driver’s seat so he could watch him, showing how strong and essential the bond between these brothers is. Grand!
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
That was nicely done. It must have been so hard for Sam, in those moments after he shot John, especially with Dean in such bad shape. That really is Sam's achille's heel, losing his brother, just as it is for Dean.

I liked the little touch about how he needed to see Dean in the rear view mirror, and it was very true the comment about the weight Sam was carrying and how Dean has carried it for years.

This line I liked in particular, as it is utterly true:

Good job :)
HikaruOfArrow chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
Beautiful :) I think Sam really was stuck between a rock and a hard place when this occured and you managed to portray that very accurately. I also liked the brotherly interaction :)! It was amazing how accurately you added Dean into this story without him even being conscious! Well done!
InSecret chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
Great missing scene. Sam's desperation was really raw and painful, made the whole piece of writing wonderfully tense. Also made me want to shout JOHN! LOVE YOUR SONS! Which he does, I know, but a little declaration of the fact wouldn't hurt, LOL. Really good work :)
sunnyjunedays chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
Hi, Really good to read of Sam's thoughts after the events of Devil's Trap. His admiration for his brother once he realised the responsiility he's had practically his entire life was beautifully written. What also shone through was Sam's strength, something i don't think he realises he has sometimes. I loved that he placed Dean in the Impala so that he could see him constantly whilst driving to the nearest hospital. x