Reviews for The Real Us
Syliot chapter 9 . 5/1
dis shit wa D
Elentari chapter 9 . 3/18
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant spin on the Harry Potter Series. The underage/non-married sexual things were not moral, but otherwise, you perfectly explained everything. A very enjoyable read indeed.
Gandalf the White Edelweiss chapter 9 . 3/11
Such a unique story, thanks for writing it. One of the best during its time for sure.

Mmmm. I definitely take issue with Harry unilaterally telling the Goblin leader that the purchase/leasing part of their culture is inherently "wrong". That's quite frankly an arrogant take and completely disregards their own beliefs and customs. If wizardfolk can't abide by the Goblin custom, they shouldn't do business with the Goblins and purchase Goblin-made pieces. It makes no sense for this demand of his to be completely fine even under duress to the Goblins, other than to be a loose end to tie up before the story closes. Additionally, chalking up Griphook's betrayal to the entire Goblin Nation is pretty fucked and, imo, lowkey bigot-y. I know I had mentioned it earlier in the story but I truly don't understand why you've got Harry acting this way towards the Goblins.
Gandalf the White Edelweiss chapter 8 . 3/11
Long live Hedwig! The concept of dozens of horcruxes being found is awesome tbh.

Ooo okay yea, I see now what another reviewer had previously pointed out this chapter. Right after Remus is discussing the taboo with Kingsley, Hermione says "Voldemort" to him in reference to the horcruxes (which would've triggered the taboo)

I definitely wouldn't describe what Hermione wants to do to Harry in that last fight as "rape"... might wanna rethink that word choice.
Gandalf the White Edelweiss chapter 7 . 3/11
The twists and turns you take are awesome! I don't regret rereading this
Gandalf the White Edelweiss chapter 6 . 3/11
Ooo, the way you reframe the events of canon is masterful. I'd always loved the way you played Dee's character as well.

Bi/Straight Dumbledore provides an interesting background for his interactions with Grindelwald, but it does make that historic dynamic a bit less interesting imo.

The story remains as interesting as ever!
Gandalf the White Edelweiss chapter 2 . 3/11
I'm back for another re-read! The concept of the Potter Foible is adorable and I love to see it in fics.

Good guy Snape will always warm my heart, particularly when it involves rewriting the atrocious shit he did in the book!

I will say that while the age of exploration is feasible/relatable, the internal commentary Hermione has about it is a bit adult for the situation. There's also a level of discomfort coming from the fact that I'm now a 23 year old woman reading about their encounters... when at the time this was written/I was reading it for the first time, I was their age and it felt more appropriate then. But it's certainly accurate that kids that age are thinking of those things and that particularly open parents (like Hermione's mother) would have those conversations early on. And if neither Harry nor Hermione had normal childhoods growing up, the intense first connection (coupled with the magic of a life debt) would make these interactions plausible because they likely aren't exposed to people (who respect them) who could instill them with any stigma against those actions.

In hindsight, the memory charm(s) used on Ron as a first year are kinda morally wack (even if his family and himself are a bunch of manipulative bastards here) though this could be chalked up to morally wack wizarding standards in general.

Love the concept, thank you 13 years later for writing this piece!
AmeliaLillianPotter chapter 8 . 2/20
1) Hermione said 'Voldemort'. That should have broken the protections.
2) Ron argued a lot before just leaving...
AmeliaLillianPotter chapter 7 . 2/19
Exceeds Expectations - Transfiguration
Acceptable - Astronomy
Poor - Divination
Dreadful - History of Magic
These were the grades Ron got, and he got 7 OWLS, not 5, as you have oh so brilliantly written
Mantharie81 chapter 9 . 2/15
Amazing! I loved your take on an alternative version, but that you stuck close to canon. I couldn't put it down.
4fundaore chapter 1 . 1/26
Thanks
Draxen Exilion Claw chapter 9 . 1/23
A story I still haven't tired out of reading! 11/10!

though... 11 and 12 yrs old doing foreplay is a bit much... the 'show me' thing is completely probably, and maybe some heavy petting, but that should be the extent imo.

also them just blatantly announcing their sex life is weird... unless they were simply emphasizing the fact they have an extremely deep bond and that they dont give a fuck about what they think of them.

other than those two points, it is goddamn amazing!
the nice delores was something I've never seen before, and the whole concept of the story is very original too!
KnowInsight chapter 9 . 1/20
wow this was a very different Harry Potter story with a likable Dolores will wonders never cease. I'm very glad I found somethibg new and I really enjoyed it. :D
SereniteRose chapter 9 . 1/5
Read all nine chapters I just loved this story so much thanks ever so much
Adriaan de Belge chapter 9 . 12/21/2020
I would have liked this to be the base for a script for a series of movies about Harry instead of JKR's version - sorry for my pervy mind.

Well done!