Reviews for The Real Us
nekoboy13 chapter 3 . 9/26
This could be SOOOOOOOOOOO much fucking better if only you skipped all the underage smut OR keep the Mc's emotions consistent, i.e, ''I'm so gonna kill someone and get revenge for my Hermione! [two seconds later]weeeeeeeeeeeee!''

What really killed me was the ending, ''Oh, Herms ILU and missed you so much!, Now let me eat your pussy!''
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!
I see what the point of this story is - explain things so that those in power in the book don't look nearly so careless, manipulative, purposefully blind to the abuse Harry suffers, etc. - but.., the excuses, overblown excplanations, and "oh, no, but really, it was this..." bits so desperately employees feel far, far, far too "beyond suspension of disbelief" to ever possibly be believed by an intelligent person.
Riiiiight because neither PUREBLOOD JAMES or HIS WIFE LILY would EVER have thought to MAKE OUT A WILL OVERSEEING THE CARE AND COMFORT OF THEIR BABY...ohhh, nooooo, never... ... ...

LMAO at the baby sex! That's too hilarious! All those hundreds of words wasted trying to convince readers that 11 and 12 year old socially awkward kids are playing with each others' sexual reproduction organs - too funny! And sad. Really, really pedo sad.
So it wasn't breaking the law when Albus decided to hide James and Lily's wills so he could force Harry to live with assholes so he could be certain he would receive an already-groomed boy to manipulate and use when Harry finally went to his victimization camp known as Hogwarts?
Nevara5 chapter 9 . 8/30
I realize that I am a decade late on finding this story, but I'm so glad that I have! This story was amazing. I've read so many hp fanfics, but I cannot recall a single one that retold the original works in such a clever faction. A small change in perspective, and you addressed and overcame every hole in the originals plots, with a marvelous twist and a fantastic sense of humor. I am sad that most of the Weasleys had to become bad guys to balance the tab, but I'm not overly fond of Ron nor Molly. Ginny never particularly had a character, she was just kinda there so no opinion beyond the fact that madam Rowling's epilogue was absurd. Thank you, for sharing this wonderful story with us! I hope you never stop writing!
Reader chapter 1 . 8/15
"[Dumbledore] was a Dark Arts user..."

It is actually well documented that he did, indeed, use dark magic a number of times. Him and Harry, in fact, are both on the same list of 'non-dark wizards/witches who used Dark magic.' So this statement is patently false, even if you do this whole 'you know only what we let you' bit. While I highly doubt Dumbles actively used anything major, he did use a few spells the Light wouldn't approve of.
Jimbocous chapter 8 . 7/12
Thanks for a great (re)read!
zenfrodo chapter 7 . 7/4
I found this fic thru a link from TVTropes...and this is EPIC. I’m not much of an HP fan; never cared about the shipping wars. But I never understood why Hermione went with Ron, nor Harry for Ginny — I don’t think Herm/Harry would’ve worked, either, but it’s tons more believable than what canon did. A smart bookish girl going for a dumb, clueless prat like Ron? A clueless prat who did his damndest to insult her and belittle her? This smart bookish woman says no way, not in any lasting relationship. Anyway, I love this fic and your AU take on canon. Great stuff!
kmplease chapter 9 . 7/2
As Harry began to make love to his wife, a wave of satisfaction overcame him. All was well. Finally, Harry thought as he pleasured his wife, the world knows the Real Us.
kmplease chapter 8 . 7/2
Hermione snuggled as close as she could, considering they were in separate chairs, and rested her head on her husband's shoulder. "A big fight. Death, life... All amazing stuff. But, there was still more we had to do."
kmplease chapter 7 . 7/2
Harry summed up the year. "The hardest mission was ahead of us. We were on our own, now. No Dumbledore to back us up. No ancient castle to retreat to. No support from the Ministry. It was myself and Hermione, Remus, Tonks, Professor McGonagall and Severus Snape versus the world. The Darkness had definitely struck a blow to the Light, and we were certainly down, but we weren't out yet. There was still a little fight left in us. And we were going to take that fight to Voldemort. But none of us could expect where our journey would take us."
kmplease chapter 6 . 7/2
"Yes, ma'am." Harry replied, as he grabbed her and crushed his lips to hers...
kmplease chapter 5 . 7/2
Harry nodded. "Oh, yeah." He turned back to the audience. "Albus had been offering, on and off, for three full years to tell me of the prophecy. He explained that Voldemort was a Legilimens, and that he'd be probing my mind, and that I'd need to keep my barriers up. I decided not to listen to it. I knew I had to train, and prepare. The first salvo in the war had been fired, and Cedric Diggory took the hit. It was our time to prepare for the fight."
kmplease chapter 4 . 7/2
The events of the 1994-1995 school year were among some of the most discussed events of the century, and none of them wanted to miss what would turn out to be a thrilling tale. The fact that there was more to the story... only served to entice them further.
kmplease chapter 3 . 7/2
"We left Hogwarts, and headed home." Harry concluded. "We'd had an interesting year, and a rather painful one, considering Hermione was petrified for so long. But, our first two years hadn't exactly been 'normal', had they? Both of us had the suspicion that things would turn more interesting. And, of course... we were right."
1,128 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »