Reviews for The Real Us
Reader chapter 1 . 8/15
"[Dumbledore] was a Dark Arts user..."

It is actually well documented that he did, indeed, use dark magic a number of times. Him and Harry, in fact, are both on the same list of 'non-dark wizards/witches who used Dark magic.' So this statement is patently false, even if you do this whole 'you know only what we let you' bit. While I highly doubt Dumbles actively used anything major, he did use a few spells the Light wouldn't approve of.
Jimbocous chapter 8 . 7/12
Thanks for a great (re)read!
zenfrodo chapter 7 . 7/4
I found this fic thru a link from TVTropes...and this is EPIC. I’m not much of an HP fan; never cared about the shipping wars. But I never understood why Hermione went with Ron, nor Harry for Ginny — I don’t think Herm/Harry would’ve worked, either, but it’s tons more believable than what canon did. A smart bookish girl going for a dumb, clueless prat like Ron? A clueless prat who did his damndest to insult her and belittle her? This smart bookish woman says no way, not in any lasting relationship. Anyway, I love this fic and your AU take on canon. Great stuff!
kmplease chapter 9 . 7/2
As Harry began to make love to his wife, a wave of satisfaction overcame him. All was well. Finally, Harry thought as he pleasured his wife, the world knows the Real Us.
kmplease chapter 8 . 7/2
Hermione snuggled as close as she could, considering they were in separate chairs, and rested her head on her husband's shoulder. "A big fight. Death, life... All amazing stuff. But, there was still more we had to do."
kmplease chapter 7 . 7/2
Harry summed up the year. "The hardest mission was ahead of us. We were on our own, now. No Dumbledore to back us up. No ancient castle to retreat to. No support from the Ministry. It was myself and Hermione, Remus, Tonks, Professor McGonagall and Severus Snape versus the world. The Darkness had definitely struck a blow to the Light, and we were certainly down, but we weren't out yet. There was still a little fight left in us. And we were going to take that fight to Voldemort. But none of us could expect where our journey would take us."
kmplease chapter 6 . 7/2
"Yes, ma'am." Harry replied, as he grabbed her and crushed his lips to hers...
kmplease chapter 5 . 7/2
Harry nodded. "Oh, yeah." He turned back to the audience. "Albus had been offering, on and off, for three full years to tell me of the prophecy. He explained that Voldemort was a Legilimens, and that he'd be probing my mind, and that I'd need to keep my barriers up. I decided not to listen to it. I knew I had to train, and prepare. The first salvo in the war had been fired, and Cedric Diggory took the hit. It was our time to prepare for the fight."
kmplease chapter 4 . 7/2
The events of the 1994-1995 school year were among some of the most discussed events of the century, and none of them wanted to miss what would turn out to be a thrilling tale. The fact that there was more to the story... only served to entice them further.
kmplease chapter 3 . 7/2
"We left Hogwarts, and headed home." Harry concluded. "We'd had an interesting year, and a rather painful one, considering Hermione was petrified for so long. But, our first two years hadn't exactly been 'normal', had they? Both of us had the suspicion that things would turn more interesting. And, of course... we were right."
kmplease chapter 2 . 7/2
"I'd faced Voldemort again and survived. But, we all knew that just being able to survive wouldn't be enough. There was more to learn. I had arrangements made to have an enjoyable summer, and we began studying. But, both me and Hermione could feel that there was more coming... something on the horizon. So, we worked our arses off. And none of us were expecting what came next."
kmplease chapter 1 . 7/2
"And during that meeting, I began the most... active and interesting Hogwarts education in the history of the school."
ZeldaSophie chapter 1 . 6/19
could have warned that there was weasly bashing, i just wasted my time thanks
JennKM chapter 3 . 6/18
Soooo much Weasley hatred and sooooo much Snape love. I’m truly enjoying this! So very different than any other story I’ve read!
very good