Reviews for The Real Us
What is wrong with you!? Graphic descriptions of pre pubescent children engaging in sexual activity. Yuk. I hope no one leaves their kids alone with you - its not even relevant to the story.
Danny Tatro chapter 1 . 4/30
All the lemons made it harder to read, but a PERFECT stoey otherwise. Well written, beautiful storyline, no fucking with canon (except Epilogue in DH), and it contains The Best Ship in HPU.
Awe! I loved it! You did great!
iamasquid5 chapter 9 . 4/17
This is a great way to make an h/hr story without totally discrediting JK Rowling. Except for that stupid epilogue she made. Note: I strongly support Harmonie. Thank you for this.
Awesome
pianomouse chapter 9 . 3/13
I love the side-bar conversations they have and the blasting of canon! Thank you for this wonderful story.
ShadowMercWeb chapter 2 . 3/12
WAY too many flashbacks.
The plot was more or less good, you kill it with the rapist been good your nightmare with some other morons. He rest regular at best, if the prat had dye will make it better.
Volksbrot chapter 9 . 2/19
That was an interesting story. Thank you for writing it and sharing it with us.

In my opinion, there are two ways to ... let's say, to think about the Harry Potter books. Either Dumbledore was a manipulating, near-evil arse or we were never told the entire story. Interestingly, almost all Harry Potter fanfictions I know of which chose to address this matter and think a bit behind what was written, choose the first option. Always easy to blame someone else, eh? I'll admit, that in my ideas for fanfictions in the Harry Potter universe, I often times join that particular group. Human nature can be a bitch after all, I suppose.
To come back to the topic, this is the only story I've read so far which took the other route.

Thank you for that, dear Sir, and please write another story in the Harry Potter universe (HHr, of course. I am, after all, a die-hard HHr fan. Nothing else.)
Volksbrot
N. Harmonik chapter 2 . 2/18
Tsk, tsk. Sex in a fic on a site that doesn't allow it? And underage sex at that! Consider this reported. How fortunate for you that designated heroism, character bashing, plot holes that a tanker could fit through (if Molly hates Hermione for being Muggleborn, why does she want her to marry her youngest son?) and sexism.
awwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme
Ada1229 chapter 3 . 2/9
just a pro tip, so long as you're gentle cats don't actually mind if you touch their tail. As Hermione says, so long as you don't tug and yank you'll be fine. Actually I tend to get cats to turn back around looking for more attention if I touch their tail (I am of course gentle about it. usually I let my hand glide up the tail and usually the end of the tail wraps around my hand before the cat turns back around) lol
Nisprior246 chapter 9 . 1/10
I enjoyed 'The Real Us' a lot, I think it is, till date, the best Harmony fan fiction I have read.
I loved your explanations, the story was thought out very well, there are almost no gaps in the story, and it fits in relatively well with the original 'Harry Potter' series. I usually don't read fan fictions which show Ron as a particularly... bad figure... for the lack of a better word. Almost everybody was taken down a peg or twenty, by the Potters, which was awesomeThank you for posting this on the site. Keep writing!
~Nis.
PS: Ollivander's first name is Garrick, by the way. (Though you might know that already.)
GandalftheGrey chapter 6 . 12/12/2017
Yooo I've reread this story like 5 times over the years. I doubt you've been active much since, but I'd just like to thank you for creating such an interesting piece.
While many have qualms with the age of the kiddos when they started their exploration, I had my own explorations and "awakening" around this age and find that everyone reaches that point at their own pace (some sooner than others). However, it does make it a little weird when you acknowledge the lack of an awkward, fumbly nature that you would come to expect from these kind of early encounters. It's written through a more confident, adult lens, which not only makes the scene less... organic? understandable?, but also a little ick in retrospect. I'm not sure if that's a result of the nature of the internal story telling (after all, adult H&Hr are retelling their past together) or if that's how you chose to present the earlier sexual scenes. Regardless, I think even with the pretext of Hermione's mother being open with her daughter about her sexuality doesn't explain her confidence in what we are assuming is her first sexual encounter with another person.
Anyways, you had a lot of enjoyable takes on these characters. I feel like people are taking the deviation from canon a little too seriously. Like, obviously a lot of these characters are extremely OOC, though based on preexisting attributes that're definitely canon. You are not obligated to respect fictional characters in your own story lol. That being said, though, I've always wondered why you depicted Dumbledore as previously having a wife and child, when canonically he is gay. Is it because that was less work to explain than a passing comment made to relate to Harry's grief? Or was this story released before JK confirmed his sexuality? (I'm too lazy to check the timelines myself, I'm sorry haha) That's always been something that bugged me/that I was curious about. Again, this is your own story and you've taken liberties with the characters and JK's universe, so what's one more?
Anywhoooo thank you for writing this and I hope to one day see more writing pop up from you.
welshbandit chapter 9 . 12/2/2017
Honestly, this was the best fanfiction that I have ever read. (Even better than my all time favourite, 'Harry Potter and the Sword of Gryffindor' by cloneserpents.) It was so well written and absolutely hilarious, and I thought it was impossible that someone could make Umbridge even seem like a remotely good person, but you did that. I liked how you showed how utterly useless Ron was, and what a fangirl Ginny was. It literally made me wonder what Ron actually did throughout the series lol, but great fic, and HARMONY FTW
1,106 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »