Reviews for The Real Us
Guest chapter 1 . 4/27/2020
good thing I don't work and I don't need it I can write for hours and since I have no social life or kids nothing can stop me
Ninamaria429 chapter 9 . 4/20/2020
This was great!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/18/2020
Ehh. **lets just point out how they described blow jobs and *explorations* to a whole crowd. I’m on board with the whole ”confrontation” trope. It gives me a sense of happiness.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/18/2020
Bad that I like it? No. At least I don’t think. I think this is very well thought out. But le
OncerLoyal96 chapter 9 . 4/7/2020
Screw working from home, I have done nothing but read this beautiful piece of art all day.
Guest chapter 9 . 4/7/2020
Awesome
Atropos chapter 1 . 4/4/2020
I can shit on this story all I want, Mr. Cunningham. Get better taste.

-Atropos
jamescunningham292 chapter 9 . 3/19/2020
for all the people hating on this story, and honestly being complete assholes and throwing flames around, grow the hell up. its fanfiction. the author can write whatever the hell they want to. it's their story. throwing flames like that just makes you look like an absolute idiot. It might be your opinion, and I respect that, but there is no need for the kind of name calling I've seen in these reviews. say your opinion in a respectful manner, or dont do it at all. if you dont like the story just say so. there's no need to call the author obscene names like that just because you dont like the story content. if you dont like dont read. simple as that. GROW UP. and for the author, great story. absolutely loved it. good job
BerserkLittleCook chapter 5 . 3/14/2020
I don't understand why they Obliviated Fred and George. Hope it'll be explained later.
Also, I just remembered something. In Chapter 2 Hermione commented Harry'll never be Arnold the Terminator (I have no hope of spelling his actual name). I found it curious that people this Harry was destined to be small just because of his childhood. If his parents were both small, that would be understandable. (were they? I can't remember) Anyway, I personally know people who went from being the smallest at 11 to being the highest at 13. People who were underfed before 11 and fed plentifully later at school. It depends on the genes as much as environment. People can overgrow their parents and their childhood.
BerserkLittleCook chapter 4 . 3/14/2020
I see you're using plot holes or plot conveniences from Canon to support your story. Well played.
Although, I feel like without his cover Snape lacks in character a bit. And McGonagall a big bit. 'they're nice people' is what I would summarize their characterization as. Still, him being a Marauder is well played too - it's shown in his previous interactions and foreshadowed by Hermione's life debt.
BerserkLittleCook chapter 3 . 3/13/2020
I'm beginning to appreciate the format of the story. It's not just a character reminiscing. It's not just a you-know-the-gist-I'll-just-fill-the-gaps kind of story. And it's not a simple conversation. It's all of those things combined and more. It makes me believe that in between the tale Harry could go and overthrow the Ministry, or something.
At the same time, I wonder why Harry decided it to be important to describe all of his intimate time to the crowd?
BerserkLittleCook chapter 2 . 3/13/2020
My feelings towards this story are... complicated.
I love the concept of the Canon being an elaborate lie to protect Harry. I also like his interactions with Hermione and the others. And of course mixing Weasleys with the mud is fun, I wouldn't be reading thia otherwise.
However, ond thing grates at me. Two actually.
One is all the study sessions and the time spent setting them up. I'm just tired of seeing them in every other fanfiction. And yes, I would still be complaining if those were replaced with a simple 'and then we studied for the whole summer.' Or maybe I wouldn't. It's hard to make a good study session motive these days.
That was just nitpicking. The actual one thing that grates me is the underage... Uhm, activities. It's just so weird to me. Why did Hermione think of paying the life debt this way? Why is her mother okay with it? I get that Harry was abused and not very assertive, but why did Hermione do it? I thought girls are less open to it at that age. Why was she reading those 'health magazines' of her mother? Why did the mother leave them around? And why are the professors okay with it? I'm so confused and outraged. I'm gonna read this anyway. It's a good story overall.
Yes, I'm aware this was written 12 years ago. So what? A good story deserves its reviews. And the number of reviews is why I found it in the first place. After scrolling through pages of lesser stories... Yes, I think this story deserves more reviews.
Atropos chapter 9 . 2/29/2020
This story makes both our heroes and villains alike unbelievably out of character. I don't know why I'm rooting for the heroes, considering they're pompous assholes who lord their wealth around everybody, mock everybody who doesn't hold up to their standards behind their backs (even if they're decent people!) and erase Ron's memories at every given turn so he believes what he's been told, and then they mock him for believing the false memories that they have implanted in him.

Everyone is remarkably out of character, it's marvelous. 11-inch penises are longer than the average person's forearm, so unless Hermione's got a 11-inch deep vagina, there's no way that thing is fitting in her. Harry and Hermione are literally raging psychopaths, threatening to MURDER people for not sucking up to them. Despite the Weasley family being supposedly evil, they actually manage to come across as sympathetic. Nice job, dipshit.

Also, why the fuck are you writing an 11 and 12 year old having sex? You're fucking sick, you pedophile.

I can't understand why people like this drivel. Though since it's published on , the land of people with barely any standards, I guess it's understandable.

Hopefully, your writing has changed, because this thing is hot garbage. Skipping away from climactic scenes, (Such as the graveyard, the mirror and literally everything else besides the final duel with the OOC Voldemort) barely bothering to check spelling errors,(though that's on your beta) and just hating the Weasleys for no apparent reason. WHAT canon evidence is there to suggest the Weasleys are awful people? This is the worst post-story fanfiction since the Homestuck Epilogues.

Please look back at canon and respond.

-Atropos
HeartsGlow chapter 2 . 2/25/2020
Technically, Nov 1st is mid Autumn, not the beginning of Winter. OK, I get telling a story that was different than what people believed. However, it's sad that you are obsessed with little kids, pre-teens, having sex. Those "tales" really had no place in the context of the story as something told in front of all those people.
Corwyn chapter 9 . 2/1/2020
Wow, what a beautiful story! I loved it! Thank you for sharing it with us.
1,335 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »