Reviews for Tightrope
Sari Dark chapter 1 . 12/30/2014
I love the spiritual aspect of this story and it is almost scary how accurate you have managed to write the character's reactions. 3
Simple wonderful.
Von chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
It's refreshing for Castiel to be so reflective.
ackeberlynn chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
Wow, can I just say I love your stories?

The explanations at the end are the icing on the cake to me - so carefully written. I love when I can get in the headspace of the author - I love to read intelligent writing - stories with a purpose higher than mere entertainment, stories that make me think and feel and love the show even more.

Thank you for this, and please keep it up!
Mizuki hikari chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
I'm reading every supernatural fanfiction you have, until now they have been awesome. I'm very interested in your essay, I would love to read, the only thing I don't like about supernatural is how they portrait god, I till wonder where was chuck in the new season.
destiny's time chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
i love bobby's line at the end. that was absolutely perfect
yellow-craion chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
You actually almost made me cry with this one. I'm really impressed.

Again, beautifully written. You made several very good observations (some were surprising, but mostly I agree), gracefully played with religious motifs and captured the characters... I'd say, perfectly. What Castiel says about Dean and Sam is so true, so is their conversation later, when Sam asks Dean to stop. I especially liked the part about Dean and his disbelief or... distrust of generosity. It'd be so like him to expect some strings attached... to doubt the intentions if someone just gave sth to him.
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
yep, i'm catholic too...and everytime they get theological on the show, it's so close to being completely blasphemous/heretical/etc... and they just manage to smooth it over. its nervwracking on my poor conservative, catholic nerves. i think they've done a fairly good job at skating the line between actual theology and something vague enough to satisfy most christians and something interesting enough to keep the show going. my one reocuring problem is the characters' inability to understand the fundamental difference between LIFE and the state of ones SOUL.

but yeah. i liked this oneshot xD

keep writing!
Scanilla chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
Very, very intriguing. I loved the concept of this being Castiel's test and not Dean's. My favorite parts were this...

"One wonders sometimes, at the marvel of brothers. How they get along, though they are so different. The thing about Sam, is that he is all about power. He equips himself, constantly, things that would improve his capacity for success in any situation. He had taken to his schooling that way, and hunting too. You, on the other hand, are all about control, the control of situations. As if you knew you otherwise would not have the strength to weather things beyond it. You constantly need to know where your brother is, where your things are, and you have an almost complete resistance to change.

“For all Sam's power,” Castiel continued, “He could never save you. All the times you have stood at death's door, at hell's doors, there was always something lacking in his solutions, or they are accomplished by someone else. For all your control, you could never stop him from anything. An interesting dynamic. You are both weakest where you long to be the most strong."

...and this:

"“I don't know your god, why should I care about him?” Dean asked, “I never had the chance to. But if he is what you say he is... if he is the one who gives everyone good things, if he is the one who gave me my brother... then Sam is all that I know of God. And Sam – Sammy – my brother I loved. Sam I never took for granted. Sam I gave everything I ever had to. If God is the one who gave me Sam, I did all right by Him, right? I did right by Him. Whatever He gave me, whatever I knew about Him, I loved. That's all I can know.”"
Jas-TheMaddTexan chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
Dude you're awesome. I am catholic and one of the major things that irks me about supernatural is how often the get stuff about the Church WRONG. It drives me up the wall.

I like your work, though.
Roguish Smile chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
I have lots of theories about the ending for this season, none of them good. I think you're right that they're weakest (and least rational) when trying to 'rescue' the other, we've seen it many times over. And Sam always, *always* fails. He's never been able to save Dean, and I think that might break him eventually.

Good use of the church here, and St. Jude. You lead us in there in a very cinematic way. Was awesome.
Caramel chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
I'm loving your writing. This was a great story, and I'm waiting in anticipation for "Nightmare Things." That synopsis sounds amazing!
finajk chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
Very nicely done! I love the idea that by doing right by Sammy, Dean can be seen as doing right by god, since Sammy is all Dean knows of god. And that this was a test of Castiel, not of Dean.
kirallie chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
Good work! Glad Sam was brought back. Poor Bobby though since Dean must have knocked him out and then to find both boys alive.
MKofGod chapter 1 . 10/30/2008
Wow... impressive.

I've got to say - I enjoy your commentary on the end almost as much as the story though. Kripe really is playing with fire, but I find myself hoping he does a good job - even if he sort of did blow it with Castiel's "The ways of God are mysterious..." answer. Snort (that was the BEST he could come up with?)

Anyway - I agree with you about almost everything.

I liked seeing Castiel's perspective. It was interesting and refreshing. And Dean's reaction in the church after Sam was brought back was spot on. The Doubting Thomas comparison made me chuckle.

Characterization was spot on - as always. Sam's dying had me choking a little, especially his last wish.

In summary - very well done! I look forward to what you write next.
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
What a mind-blowing, exceptionally well-written and imaginary story! Your descriptions just rocked the place; you have a wonderful writing style.

I was very intrigued by your characterizations of the boys plus Castiel and Bobby. Fine job! You really have a keen eye for the brothers' weaknesses and their unending dedication for each other.

Very well done! Thank you for writing this gem.