Reviews for The Friend I Leave Behind
Number Girl chapter 1 . 3/24/2016
Now if that doesn't touch your heart and melt your soul, nothin' will. That was so beautiful! So very beautiful and so very sad.
It is so like those incredible characters, all of them.
LOTRPJOHP13133 chapter 1 . 12/4/2014
Well, that made me cry:'( But it was amazing:)
Gimlifan8 chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
Very, very, very well-written! Keep it up!
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
That was a good story. I like Aragorn's appreciation for his friend Legolas.
Starlit Skyline chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
Beautifully written!
ArwenJaneLilyLyra chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
That was beautiful 'crying!' oh dear I need to stop being so emotional. I love this sort of story though not many do Tolkien justice. You certainly do. Thank you. x
Vanwa Lullaby chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
nnawss

that was so sad

brought tears to my eyes

great job

btw, i really think you should do a oneshot to go along with The Wrong Path on Legolas, and Aragorn getting the twins back for thier little prank. :) i would read it.

again, great job!
RiverOtter1 chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Hello!

Wow, I'm speechless. I've passed over this story a million times, because either I knew it would be too sad, or I've read some that haven't been very good. You'll have to forgive me - this was amazing! It was so beautiful, yet so sad. So happy, and yet so sorrowful. You really caught the emotions perfectly, and I take my hat off to you, or I would if I were wearing one. Congrats on the beautiful work!

-RiverOtter1
Goldenbrook chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
It was so beautiful. Ah! Now I'm crying!
Mirach chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
Beautiful! You did achieve depth, actually a great depth! I wrote about life and death but you wrote about friendship and I can see before the eyes of my mind Aragorn writing the letter and thinking about Legolas. He knew that he will mourn him and wanted to tell him all his feelings and made him smile. You made myself smile with a bitter-sweet smile. Thank you!
Kelsey Estel the TolkieNarnian chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
Oh, that made me cry! I loved it!

I love the scene between Arwen and Legolas at the end. And the thought of Elessar sitting down to write all of that- heart breaking. The entire thing is just wonderful.

But since the little paragraph at the bottom of the submit box tells me give tips for improvement, there are a few moments that seem a bit informal in Estel's letter: the "um" and the "wink". These just throw off the flow and seem a bit too modern for middle earth.

Another amazing one shot from you, mellon.

KelsE
Aranna Undomiel chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
I don't have that much time these days, as an intern you're life seems to exist solely around work, sleep and eating ;p But when I finally find the time to read something again, reading this great and touching story strongly urges me to try and make some more time for the rest :)

Great job as usual!
Pammie312 chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
I somehow missed this, which these days wouldn't be difficult. It captured the essence of the relationship between Aragorn and Legolas, and was bittersweet from both points of view.

It seems that, even in death the ranger managed to tweak the elf's sensibilities. I found myself hoping they'd get that reunion soon, so the elf could even the score.

Nice one!
Majestik Moose chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
Aww. This was wonderful. :)
RiverSong DreamShadow chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
Wow... this is a truly touching piece of work... I love how the characters are still in-character; you show your readers pieces of the characters that they may not have thought of before (I know I certainly hadn't). I really love the way you wrote about the realtionship between Legolas and Aragorn- it's not forced at all; you make it seem very natural. And I really like how you made it very impossible for people to get the wrong idea about the nature of the relationship between the two, if you know what I mean.

I look forward to reading more from you! God Bless!