Reviews for Effects and Side Effects
PascalDragon chapter 37 . 9/25
Great story, bonus points for getting the non-magical special forces involved as well and the animated skeleton of the basilisk :D
I'm looking forward to their future missions against Voldemort as well the continuation of their bonds :)
w0if chapter 14 . 9/23
please stop using the word totally, it makes the story sound like it was written by a ten year old
Eldersprig chapter 2 . 9/9
Malfoy - I don't suppose you castrate the little puke?
Eldersprig chapter 1 . 9/9
profit?
Ryuuohjin chapter 37 . 9/9
*stares at author* big wide eyes, small pout . Slightly nudges. "Author-San are you alive?". *poke, lip quiver*.
Pwease update"
TBD chapter 37 . 9/4
Hi i've really loved this version of the story so far and hope you dont rush to an ending, if its worth anything i would say between 45-50 chapters would be a great way to put the finish in, but you could do more that that and it would still be great.
lesa.blazer chapter 9 . 9/1
Please please please come back and continue
mayotta chapter 37 . 8/21
Really enjoy this story and wait for each update excitedly.
mgentle chapter 37 . 8/20
Please don't leave it there... I've enjoyed reading this story.

One thing, though - many of the girls and Harry have, between them, had M/F oral, M/F anal, and F/F lesbian penetrative sex. I don't think you can convince me that any of them are virgins. Sex is sex; unless you can give me a believable wizarding world reason, I don't think there's anything magical about penis-in-vagina sex that wouldn't also be magical about the other penetrative methods they've been using. Surely?
mgentle chapter 33 . 8/19
Still enjoying it, there is a place for slow-paced stories. Couple of things:

1. 'Bouncing' breasts. While breasts do move around a lot (human motion and gravity being what they are), breasts are NOT rubber balls! Anybody whose tits actually bounce like a ball is either an alien, or got a seriously cut-price boob job.

2. 'He' and 'she' for Harry. What you essentially have is Harry as a trans-woman, who didn't ask for the process. This is a very interesting state to be in, and the story could explore it a lot more. Regarding all the "I'm strictly a female female" dresses and make-up, well, as others have doubtless pointed out, there are plenty of feminine women who wear jeans and who can't remember the last time they used cosmetics.

From observation, though, there are a number of trans-women who initially think they have to be the curliest-eyelashed girlie-girl there ever was, before finding their own style once they're more used to living as women. I'm not sure all the cis-women around Harry would expect him to be in dresses and lipstick all the time - in fact, I'd expect Hermione would be the first one to stress that he/she doesn't have to be constrained by social cliches like that.

3. I STILL don't believe the witches don't have charms to deal with the symptoms of menstruation. Two of the Founders were women, and the other two were men living in their company. Mood swings, cramps, and blood would be things of the past - as long as your hormone levels are what they should be, there's no physical need to shed the womb lining each month. I also don't see a convincing story-reason why Harry shouldn't shift to male, once he can do it long enough to avoid those few days. Most women I know would do it in a second. :-)
mgentle chapter 17 . 8/19
Enjoyable story. Just...

Tits suffer less from gravity when in water, like a swimming pool, as does the rest of the human body. But really, they're not flotation aids!

Plus, I would like to have seen more of 'the Talk' spelled out on the page. Harry has some experience of male sexuality; what model of female sexuality would Emily Granger describe - and would it even be applicable to witches? E.g. there's no WAY there isn't a charm to deal with the effects of menstruation. What about magical dildos and other aids? And, if as was said earlier, no one will marry the girls once they've been married to Harry, does this mean the wizarding world has a culture of virginity? Are witches free to have sex before marriage? Do they take lovers after marriage and providing "an heir and a spare" as offspring? So far we don't have an idea of the wizarding world's attitude to sex, except that they think thong bikinis are scandalous. I'd really like to see more of this, given that Harry's wives are more pureblood than muggleborn.
Ninjakirby7 chapter 1 . 8/14
The time old discussion, if you change gender does your sexual preference?
daled73 chapter 37 . 8/14
I have enjoyed this story so far, and your writing is excellent in story construction, characters and interaction. You have a smattering of "wrong" words which are misspellings of the right words, but will pass a spell checker every time. For that you need a good Beta. or a professional editor, if you start writing for profit. One particular thing which always annoys me is folks not "getting" the differences between to, two, and too. When you want to indicate large size of "to much" you should be using too and not "to". Sorry about the nit pick but it is a pet peeve of mine.
DawgHouse09 chapter 13 . 8/7
1) very slow paced. I don't think we need a play-by-play of every hour of every day. 2) there's a shockingly small amount of attention paid to Harry being feminized. Just a few comments here and there but for the most part, it seems to be forgotten. In fact, I found myself forgetting it throughout my reading. 3) Hermione seems to be an afterthought. I'll admit to being a H/Hr fan, but it's not even the fact that she seems to be a secondary romantic interest at best. She is barely in the story aside from "I'll stay here and study things while everything else happens." Maybe it's just that I don't Iike to see her marginalized that much. 4) there's basically no bad guy 13 chapters in. Voldemort did the potion thing in the beginning and Draco did his bratty thing later, but there's no sense of urgency or threat. In conclusion, the story started out well. It has an interesting angle. But the above problems have me rapidly losing interest. I like the fem!Harry theme, and the air bending angle, but there's too many negatives to continue. Thanks for writing it anyway, my opinion may be in the minority!
rs43578 chapter 37 . 8/3
This was a nice 18th birthday present by the way (I just saw when it was updated sorry).
1,924 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »